2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Screw's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 06:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screw's?

I've noticed the majority of trucks on here are Screws in various trim levels. What is the big draw for these? I understand those with families and who need it for work would need the extra seating/storage but for those of you without why not the Scab or Reg cab?

Just curious as to the reasoning behind it.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Platinum is only available as a Screw.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:40 PM
I waited until after I was 30 to buy my first 4 door vehicle, lol. I tell you the back seat is simply astounding. I leave the back seat folded up and the Weathertech liner down to protect the floor. My two German Shepherds ride and sleep back there everywhere I go. The flat floor and seat up out of the way is awesome. It seems like everyone I know is a giant 'Texas sized' and they all have a ton of leg and head room in the back. I wanted a 6.5ft bed but availability was poor. So I am growing on the 5ft bed. I have trailers of every size when I need to do any larger hauling. It is a great economical choice over my last F250 diesel...

Old 04-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Ever get out of the back seat of a supercab in a crowded parking lot? You have to do the supercab shuffle to get the door closed so you can become untrapped.

My mistake in buying a supercab was the only reason I sold my 02 superduty diesel.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by hllon4whls
Ever get out of the back seat of a supercab in a crowded parking lot? You have to do the supercab shuffle to get the door closed so you can become untrapped.

My mistake in buying a supercab was the only reason I sold my 02 superduty diesel.
ME 2! I thought xcab was all I would need as a bachelor man. I wish I bought a crew... I would have kept that truck ten years... Sometimes when I am alone I cry...

Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 PM
I ordered a Screw for a many reasons this time:

1) My current Scab doors vibrate badly on oilfield roads.
2) It's hard to put customers, company execs in the back seat of a Super Cab / Less whining from passengers in a Screw.
3) When my wife puts my daugter in the back of the SCab in the winter the massive opening lets the cold in like you dropped the top.
4) The parking situation mentioned above where you get trapped between the doors. It's surprising how often that happens.
5) It's become our company standard now for my role.

I went 5.5 box like my current Scab because I need to be able to put a single 4x4 pallet in it and the 6.5 are just too long on the Screw in my opinion.

Now if I could just get Ford to deliver it....

-frozen

Old 04-23-2010, 09:52 PM
My dogs
Dogs or cats that need adopting ride in kennels I can put inside the cab.
Women

It's just really convenient to have sometimes. I'm glad I got a screw.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:21 PM
Hauling people and payloads I don't want in the bed of the truck. Much more useful.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:23 PM
I use mine to haul my dirt bikes. I like to keep all my gear inside and locked up when traveling. It would suck to be 15 hours from home and come out of a restaurant to find some gear missing.

Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 PM
its nice to haul stuff in the back seat where it is safe from people stealing stuff, instead easy to grab out of the open bed.. my tools go in the back most of the time if there's enough room for it. also im usually the one driving my buddies around so it was more convenient getting the screw instead of everybody complaining.. the only down side ive had is parking, had the truck 6 months now & still can't park it good on the first try lol

Last edited by foxracer2759; 04-23-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 PM
I once had a Chevy with an extended cab and didn't like having to open two doors to get to the back seat. Loading into the rear could also become a problem in a cramped parking lot. I also didn't like the relative (to a true four door) lack of frame rigidity of the "suicide" type door. I have had 3 crew cabs since the extended cab and like having a conventional four door.

Old 04-24-2010, 01:58 AM

I simply like the looks over scabs and reg cabs, and the space is their if you need it.i dont have kids but maybe one day, and for now my friends fit just fine, even when your 6'4.

Old 04-24-2010, 07:10 AM
As mentioned in all these posts, you can't beat the value and functionality. The back seat is huge in the new Screw. This way you can haul the family and the gear in the bed.

Old 04-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
The same reason people buy 4x4 and FX4 and live in a warm climate and never engage or use or need it

Old 04-24-2010, 09:51 AM
Before my Screw my personal truck was a single cab Ranger and my work truck is a Scab F-150. I do everything with my truck, so like running errands and stuff was almost impossible with the single cab. I've found that the Scab is nice for storing stuff (access is quicker to the backseat of the Scab than the Screw in my opinion) but dealing with getting people in and out was a hassle, I can't tell you how many times the front passenger door has been pulled shut with the back passenger door still open.

I had three outliers when it came to a vehicle purchase: scuba diving, camping and motorcycle riding. In these activities each person comes with a certain amount of gear and the Screw provided the right amount of gear space/person space that I needed.

Quick Reply: Screw's?