2009 - 2014 F-150

Wrong place I know, but anways

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong place I know, but anways

I know this is in the wrong thread, but not to many on the Raptor forum. Do any of you guys that happen to work for Ford sales service etc... know when the Raptor with the crew cab will be out. I would like to have one but I really need the crew cab. Any help please.

Old 04-22-2010, 08:28 PM
No help here...I hope it stays in current form. Giving it the option to bloat up to a screw seems a bit silly and off the mark. I see the purpose, but the lightning never got a scab or screw (well the Harley did get a SC for a bit).

Old 04-22-2010, 08:35 PM
I wouldn't hold your breath - either for an answer or for the vehicle itself.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:21 PM
I'd guess this Sept or Oct. That is the biggest complaint is no crew cab. They sold a lot more SC Harley's than Lightnings they know if there is demand it is for a 4 door. Ford is good at bringing out the next best thing year after year. Both times the Harley F150 was released the first year was super cab (01) non S/C followed by the more attractive crew cab (02-03).

Old 04-23-2010, 03:04 AM
I was asking this question about 6 months ago and no one had any idea, though the concensus was that it would be popular and should sell, so Ford wold more than likely go forward with it. I know I would have gotten the Raptor if it were available in SCREW.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:48 AM
Maybe I'm an idiot, but how do you make a SuperCrew with a 133" wheelbase? Part of the reason the Raptor is such a great offroad vehicle is the short 133" wheelbase. Will they make the SuperCrew Raptor with a 4.5' bed instead of the regular 5.5' bed that the SuperCab Raptor has? The ratio of bed length to cab length on a SuperCrew F150 already looks terribly out of proportion. I imagine that it will look even more out of proportion with the bed a foot shorter. I am thinking Avalanche. Please, it's bad enough that there are so many SuperCrews on the road already. I hope that Ford doesn't make the mistake of making a SuperCrew Raptor abomination!

Old 04-23-2010, 03:57 AM
Old 04-23-2010, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by jcrew2
I know this is in the wrong thread, but not to many on the Raptor forum. Do any of you guys that happen to work for Ford sales service etc... know when the Raptor with the crew cab will be out. I would like to have one but I really need the crew cab. Any help please.
Quote from Mike Levine:

Its still coming, in 2011 (model year). 6.2-liter V-8 only.
Posted by: Mike Levine | Apr 8, 2010 11:46:13 PM

Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 AM
So, it has a 145" wheelbase, 12" longer than the Raptor. Wow, so sad that they are ruining the Raptor model like that. They might as well be adding an extra foot and an extra pair of doors to the Shelby GT500.

Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 AM
If this is ruining the Raptor there are a lot of ruined F-150's running around with 5.5' beds and crew cabs.

Old 04-23-2010, 05:31 AM
Originally Posted by Rambo
If this is ruining the Raptor there are a lot of ruined F-150's running around with 5.5' beds and crew cabs.
You mean all those grocery-getters/rugrat-haulers? Yeah, I hate 'em! If I could have bought my truck with a regular cab, I would have. You'll never see me driving a SuperCrew. Those are for women to haul kids and contractors to haul mexicans.

Old 04-23-2010, 06:23 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
You mean all those grocery-getters/rugrat-haulers? Yeah, I hate 'em! If I could have bought my truck with a regular cab, I would have. You'll never see me driving a SuperCrew. Those are for women to haul kids and contractors to haul mexicans.
Holy crap you're right!!!!! I checked that back of my SCREW this morning and there are a bunch of Mexicans back there!!! How the hell do I get them out, is this a warranty issue that Ford should take care of?!?!?

Old 04-23-2010, 06:51 AM
Is there something wrong with kids or Mexicans? I have hauled both, and yes, so has my wife. That's why the Supercrew was invented... to haul a CREW.
While I agree that many suburban yuppies do buy a Supercrew to replace the SUV or station wagon of yesteryear, do not condemn all SCREW owners as such. Some of us actually use it for it's intended purposes as a truck. We just happen to be taking Kids or Mexicans with us.

Old 04-23-2010, 07:15 AM
So, it has a 145" wheelbase, 12" longer than the Raptor. Wow, so sad that they are ruining the Raptor model like that. They might as well be adding an extra foot and an extra pair of doors to the Shelby GT500.
Porsche did it, those idiots added two doors to the most recognized purpose built sports car in the world the Carerra.

http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/pa...anamera-turbo/

95% of sales is style and convenience. I doubt many if any Raptors are pre running baja or ever going off road. Most just buy them for the image. I haven't seen anyone over 25 in one around here. If they made a screw more adults with families would consider them.

Last edited by L8 APEX; 04-23-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
Originally Posted by Brew1
Holy crap you're right!!!!! I checked that back of my SCREW this morning and there are a bunch of Mexicans back there!!! How the hell do I get them out, is this a warranty issue that Ford should take care of?!?!?
That's funny I don't care who you are. I have always driven trucks every since I was old enough to drive, always had the x-tra cab, then when the kids came along I got the crew cab. It is the best of both worlds. If they build the Raptor crew, I will be the first one in line to buy it. FreekyFX4 must not have kids and have tot take them to school everyday.

Quick Reply: Wrong place I know, but anways