2009 - 2014 F-150

For no apparent reason I bought a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You only live once! I like the Blue. I just picked up mine two weeks ago. It's a blast.

Old 04-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Justi
I meant to say in my response earlier, LOVE your black truck! I wanted one so bad but they are such a pain to keep clean I couldn't bring myself to do it. IMHO there isn't a better looking truck than a freshly washed black one!
Thanks. It is definitely a chore to keep it clean. But the metallic in this Tuxedo Black does look pretty good in the sun when the truck is cleaned up.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:37 PM
I still can't get over how tight that Blue F-150 is. Nice!

Old 04-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Something about the blue.

Last edited by Aviator150; 04-29-2010 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 PM
Thanks guys, I have to say, while I still like the Ingot Silver, I LOVE the blue I ended up with, couldn't be happier!

Old 04-30-2010, 02:42 PM
love my 09 but when the 6.2 becomes available I will sell mine and buy the exact truck with the 6.2
My wife is gonna kill me but it will be worth it!!!
good luck

Old 05-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Actually no. I had an aftermarket Pioneer Avic-D3 in my 07 F150 and have tired of in dash nav units. The maps out date quickly and it's expensive to upgrade the maps. With a portable unit (currently I have the Garmin 255wt) I pay less than $150 for it and a year from now sell it on ebay for $100 and buy a new one if I want.

The in-dash nav would have been nice for the rearview camera which is in the mirror in my truck, but I didn't want the on-board nav and I didn't want to pay the extra $2400 for it. I got the upgraded Sony speakers which while the don't sound great, I find it acceptable. I had the full system in my last truck and feel pretty good about the Sony deal now.

Ok, I realize now I've been rambling, sorry! LOL.
Congratulations, nice looking truck!! I'm eagerly awaiting the delivery of my truck (who am I kidding, I'm chomping at the bit)!! I absolutely agree with you about the navigation system, although it would be nice for the backup camera I didn't want to spend $2400 for a TV monitor. Some friends have it and it shows you driving down which road you are on, nice. But I can look out the window and see what road I'm on. I also found it rather distracting, maybe it's just me! We have a Magellan 50/50 GPS (who was the genius that came up with that name).

I too ordered the heated and cooled Captains Chairs. I looked at an FX2 with the Sport Bucket and it was nice. I liked the dash of the FX2 better with the dark gray metallic inlay opposed to the fake wood grain. The FX2 came with 20's standard. But when it was all said and done I came back to the Lariat. I'm a big guy, and for some reason I just couldn't find a sweet spot with the Sport Bucket. They were nice, don't get me wrong. But I liked the the full power of the Lariat. The power lumbar support and the way the seat backed up for getting in and out.

I also got the Lariat Package for the garage door opener and backup camera. I ponied up for the 700 watt, 11 speaker Sony Premium Sound System. It seemed to sound pretty good, but the bass seemed a little lacking. I guess I expected a little more with the claim of of an under seat "Sub-Woofer". I farted around with the system a little, but was more concerned about the overall drive-ability of the truck and other systems. I suppose I could always upgrade the Sub-Woofer at a later date. This would be imperative for my extensive "Rap Music Collection" lol.

I'm an old retired U.S. Air Force aircraft mechanic and I'm not quite sure what the downside to the 20's would be. I would be thinking less mass and rotating weight would be a good thing, right? I'm not really buying mine for it's towing capability, but I'm not ruling it out either. I bought the 20's primary for cosmetics. I was figuring the only downside, if there is one, would possibly be ride comfort, and or the price of new tires when the time comes.

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr161/l...wton3laws.html

I hope you enjoy your truck!!

Bob G

Old 05-01-2010, 06:17 PM
Hey Bob, sounds like you have your own "perfect" truck on it's way! Thanks for your service! I was Army and would typically talk some form of friendly trash but since my boss was in the Air Force I am used to holding my tongue.

I'm now almost two months in and that classic "buyers remorse" I've always experienced in the past has never surfaced. Buying exactly what you want has it's benefits!

Congrats on your new truck and I hope it arrives for you soon!

Old 05-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Bob G
(who am I kidding, I'm chomping at the bit)
Just for the record. Chomping at the bit is: Informal usage and technically incorrect; the more common form in formal English is "champ at the bit" or "champing at the bit. Cheers!

Old 05-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Aviator150
Something about the blue.
Aviator, beautiful truck. I've always thought the 2 tone blue/beige were sharp looking.

OP nice ride, too.

Old 05-03-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Modiggy
Just for the record. Chomping at the bit is: Informal usage and technically incorrect; the more common form in formal English is "champ at the bit" or "champing at the bit. Cheers!
Thanks for the "English Lesson"!! Maybe I just should have said I'm real excited!!

Bob

Old 05-03-2010, 06:45 PM
Hey Bob, sounds like you have your own "perfect" truck on it's way! Thanks for your service! I was Army and would typically talk some form of friendly trash but since my boss was in the Air Force I am used to holding my tongue.

I'm now almost two months in and that classic "buyers remorse" I've always experienced in the past has never surfaced. Buying exactly what you want has it's benefits!

Congrats on your new truck and I hope it arrives for you soon!
Hey Justi, thanks for you're service too. I'm used to the ribbing, my late Father was in the Marines and he called it the Air Farce until the day he died.

Enjoy you're new truck!!

Bob

Old 05-28-2010, 06:46 AM
Originally Posted by Bob G
Hey Justi, thanks for you're service too. I'm used to the ribbing, my late Father was in the Marines and he called it the Air Farce until the day he died.

Enjoy you're new truck!!

Bob
LOL, that's pretty funny! Nothing wrong with a little inter-service ribbing. Funny stuff!

Quick Reply: For no apparent reason I bought a new truck