2009 - 2014 F-150

For no apparent reason I bought a new truck

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:29 PM
Graphics Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great looking color and a great looking truck.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm Jealous!

Nem

Old 03-16-2010, 08:51 PM
super sharp congrats, did the 20's come on it like that?

Old 03-16-2010, 10:19 PM
My brother had a Rhino in an older truck and I had a Linex in an older F150 that I had. I would go with Linex because it just seems like a better product. It might be a little harder texture than the Rhino, but to me it held up better. My brother's was peeling after years of ownership and I never had any problems with mine at all.

I also like the bedrug as well.

In my truck that I have ordered, it will just have a bedmat to start. If I start scratching the bed up, then I can always have the Linex done later.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:17 AM
Originally Posted by Justi
Oh, and thanks Greenbuck for the liner advice. I honestly suspect that I'd be pleased with either one. I cheaped out and put an OEM drop-in in the 07 and regretted it. I want to get it lined.
I'd at least check out Line-X at the shop. You won't honestly regret it. It is a better product.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by dirtyd09stx
super sharp congrats, did the 20's come on it like that?
Yup, they are stock. I THINK the 20" aluminum wheels are a new option for 2010 but I'm not positive. They were a $595 option (MSRP) and while I'll regret them when towing I think the 20's look great so said screw it.

Old 03-17-2010, 09:14 AM

hehe.....laughing here because I totally relate to you. I am always buying a new vehicle for no really good reason but have lot's of excuses that I can use to convince myself.

In any case, you did good! Congrats on the new ride and enjoy!

Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
I think we all justify the purchase in some way.....but like someone said - "if you're gonna go in debt, you might as well go in debt good"!

Nice truck!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by Desert Dawg
hehe.....laughing here because I totally relate to you. I am always buying a new vehicle for no really good reason but have lot's of excuses that I can use to convince myself.

In any case, you did good! Congrats on the new ride and enjoy!
LOL! That's actually how I got my nickname "Justi", I can justify ANY purchase!

Old 03-17-2010, 03:25 PM
Originally Posted by Justi
Actually no. I had an aftermarket Pioneer Avic-D3 in my 07 F150 and have tired of in dash nav units. The maps out date quickly and it's expensive to upgrade the maps. With a portable unit (currently I have the Garmin 255wt) I pay less than $150 for it and a year from now sell it on ebay for $100 and buy a new one if I want.

The in-dash nav would have been nice for the rearview camera which is in the mirror in my truck, but I didn't want the on-board nav and I didn't want to pay the extra $2400 for it. I got the upgraded Sony speakers which while the don't sound great, I find it acceptable. I had the full system in my last truck and feel pretty good about the Sony deal now.

The only option I wanted to order but this didn't have was skid plates. That's a $160 option that if I want it later can add no problems for cheap. This had the tailgate step and bed extended which I didn't really need but F it. This truck was shipped before the price hike too so that saved me just under $1k.

Ok, I realize now I've been rambling, sorry! LOL.

Yeah, built in nav is ridiculously expensive and not as good at the portable units that are available. Plus, who would pay $2400 for something that actually lowers the value of your truck? That would just be plain stupid!

Navigation Systems Hurt Resale Value

Old 03-17-2010, 10:43 PM
That is one tight truck!

Old 03-18-2010, 05:26 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
Yeah, built in nav is ridiculously expensive and not as good at the portable units that are available. Plus, who would pay $2400 for something that actually lowers the value of your truck? That would just be plain stupid!

Navigation Systems Hurt Resale Value
That's surprising. I have both. Each one has its advantages. I suppose when the vehicle is ten years old, the map is now twelve years old. One of the biggest problems is the lack of map standards when updating maps. It's a lot of work of figure out which one is the right one for your vehicle. They may screw themselves out of the market though their own greed and arrogance, by overpricing the units and making map upgrades proprietary and complicated so that you need a qualified professional to do it.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:05 AM
How does a navigation system hurt resale value?

Old 03-18-2010, 10:54 AM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
My guess is the lack of change in technology in the vehicle. The industry constantly changes and places are always changing. Once these units go into production and are installed in the vehicles, they are obsolete anyways. Get a nice Garmin and call it a day. Easier to upgrade and portable. Are they as fancy? No, but you can feel better about a few hundred dollars for a very nice one rather than a 2k+ factory unit that will just get farther and farther behind the times. I know my next truck way down the road (will keep this one) I will get a Lariat and no Nav. I plan on keep it and I don't want a stupid Nav unit that is out dated in my dash

Old 03-18-2010, 11:03 AM
I opted for no NAV on my Lariat. $2400 is ridiculous. I asked because we have one in our Chrysler 300. It was part of the "signature series" package. The whole package didn't cost $2,400. Although it is outdated (5 years old) I can just get a new disk and it is current again. So I'm still puzzled on the reduction in resale value.

Quick Reply: For no apparent reason I bought a new truck