2009 - 2014 F-150

6" BDS swap to 8" Rize , Question.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6" BDS swap to 8" Rize , Question.

First off blame FX4Life for talking me out of the body lift!

Second, can anyone provide a pdf file for the 2009 8" Rize installation instructions ? Based off the cutting done on the BDS kit, the 04-08' Rize kit requires the same area to be cut. Based off the pictures of the 09' 8" Rize kit the rear crossmember mounts the same as the BDS rear crossmember meaning the cutting is the same and the swap can be done!

The point in doing this is to clear the 37's without any rubbing at all, and not needing a body lift to do so. The body lift installed, plus custom cutting and remounting of my front and rear replacement bumpers (while remaining functional and being lifted 3") comes out to nearly the same price as what im planning on doing with the Rize stuff.

So yes, call me crazy, call me stupid but in mid feb the BDS kit will be coming off, and going on will be the 8" Rize kit, along with the rear Full Floating traction bar kit. This is only possible due to knowing a shop owner that is willing to sell all the above at his cost, to simply advertise his shop with a window banner on my truck

The BDS kit has around 1100 miles on it, and sometime in Feb it will be up on the chopping block along with a 2" BDS leveling kit and 2" pro comp AAL (Possibly Pro-Comp coil overs if they dont work with the Rize kit DeereJeff *hint* *hint*). So if anyone is interested in it around that time I will be looking to get $1100 for the complete kit used with no more than 1500 miles on it. *LOCAL SELL / PICKUP ONLY* I could even help ya get a deal on the install here in San Antonio at my buddies shop

But please, someone provide that pdf! I have contacted Rize, been waiting patiently, but would prefer to know ASAP and start getting parts ordered!

Old 01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by BlackPlatBDS
First off blame FX4Life for talking me out of the body lift!

Second, can anyone provide a pdf file for the 2009 8" Rize installation instructions ? Based off the cutting done on the BDS kit, the 04-08' Rize kit requires the same area to be cut. Based off the pictures of the 09' 8" Rize kit the rear crossmember mounts the same as the BDS rear crossmember meaning the cutting is the same and the swap can be done!

The point in doing this is to clear the 37's without any rubbing at all, and not needing a body lift to do so. The body lift installed, plus custom cutting and remounting of my front and rear replacement bumpers (while remaining functional and being lifted 3") comes out to nearly the same price as what im planning on doing with the Rize stuff.

So yes, call me crazy, call me stupid but in mid feb the BDS kit will be coming off, and going on will be the 8" Rize kit, along with the rear Full Floating traction bar kit. This is only possible due to knowing a shop owner that is willing to sell all the above at his cost, to simply advertise his shop with a window banner on my truck

The BDS kit has around 1100 miles on it, and sometime in Feb it will be up on the chopping block along with a 2" BDS leveling kit and 2" pro comp AAL (Possibly Pro-Comp coil overs if they dont work with the Rize kit DeereJeff *hint* *hint*). So if anyone is interested in it around that time I will be looking to get $1100 for the complete kit used with no more than 1500 miles on it. *LOCAL SELL / PICKUP ONLY* I could even help ya get a deal on the install here in San Antonio at my buddies shop

But please, someone provide that pdf! I have contacted Rize, been waiting patiently, but would prefer to know ASAP and start getting parts ordered!

Blame me?!

I'll ask tomorrow about the installation instructions, I'm calling them to see where I have to go to get the damn traction bars for the 09-10's. When I pm'd you the instructions for the 04-08 I searched and searched for 09' instructions with no luck.

I'm 99% certain the cutting should be the same for every lift since the portion being cut gets in the way of nearly every lift that has a rear drop basket

Check your PM's about the King's too

Old 01-10-2010, 11:50 PM
If you can get your hands on the instructions that would be great, also thanks for the info on the Kings!

Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 PM
why dont u just upgrade to the 8" BDS? the only difference is the front shocks then u just need to lift the back 2"

Old 01-11-2010, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Paralyzer
why dont u just upgrade to the 8" BDS? the only difference is the front shocks then u just need to lift the back 2"
BDS doesnt make an 8" for the 09-10's yet

Op not sure exactly what setup your running now, but why not invest in some coilovers and bump it up to 8" to save a few k

Old 01-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Originally Posted by IDNC76
BDS doesnt make an 8" for the 09-10's yet

Op not sure exactly what setup your running now, but why not invest in some coilovers and bump it up to 8" to save a few k
my bad i must have read too fast and skipped over the 09part.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:03 AM
IDNC76,

I have coil over's as I stated in the first post but here are some pics of the current setup, and capped out. Doesn't clear what I want it to clear, and as I said I can get all the Rize stuff for damn near the same price as the body lift installed with bumpers raised and still functional. Honestly I wouldnt be doing this is I was loosing a "few" k in $$$. With the 6" BDS kit, coil's not maxed but sitting where it's still a nice ride I have gained about only 7" total after settling. The Rize kit sit's at about 9" installed (which FX4life can validate), and can then gain another 2" out of the coils.

Current pics of setup from my previous threads:

By spanning the pro comp coils all the way down, they will sit only 2" longer than the stock strut/coil setup on the truck stock. This run in conjunction with the Rize kit and its strut extension mounts provided in the kit to mount the stock stuts will give me the true lift in which I desire, and still maintain the comfy ride of the coil overs. Which is in between 10-11" of lift much the same as FX4life has achieved out of his.

The goal is to have NO rubbing, both driving on road, and or tearing it up off road without installing a damn body lift.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:05 AM
*doubleposted*

Old 01-14-2010, 03:20 PM
What front bumper do you have?

Old 01-15-2010, 05:04 PM
hmm i might be interested in the lift kit.. everything is like new?

Old 01-15-2010, 09:42 PM
drswiger,
It is the ranch hand bull bar.

BRY14661,
Give or take a few there are only 1100 miles on the lift. I will sell the kit locally for $800. The $800 covers the cost of the kit being taken off of my truck, and installed on your truck as well as the cost of the Rize kit being installed on my truck. So basically the kit is free, and the $800 covers the cost of both kits to be installed on both trucks.

The Pro-Comp coil overs im selling seperately for $400, retail $1100.

Quick Reply: 6" BDS swap to 8" Rize , Question.