2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

don't like the chrome on the tailights, and is the EL diff user selectable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Daybreak
it look like a SuperChevYota mix.
I still don't see the similarity at all. Just been looking at pics of Toyota's, Chevy's and mine and i cant see it at all. What parts do you think look the same. We have a Chevy parked out the front next to my truck and neither look anything like each other. The Chevy is very bland but the ford is in ya face.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by Riken
...and the antenna is so outdated, hide it in the windows like the japanese are doing. i think the wipers and antenna are afterthoughts. even the design studio doesn't include it in their drawings. for example; the rendered pics in the brochures don't include antennas...
The "in glass" antennas absolutely stink for reception. I experienced this just yesterday first hand. Our 2008 Expedition has the "in-glass" and it won't pick up stations remotely close when my 2008 F-150 picks them up alot farther away. And, the whip on the F-150 still stinks. Why can we get such great reception from a SIRIUS type antenna when the rest are junk?

As for renderings, you never see antennas in renderings. That's just marketing. Antennas are "distractions' to the product they are trying to sell just because they are simple vertical lines in the picture that distract rather than offer real sales value. That goes the same for license plates. If they are on a rendering or sales photo ads, they are usually plain numbers, or a plate "embossed" with numbers, but painted to match the truck to give a hint of a plate, but not call it out as distracting.

Old 12-22-2008, 02:37 PM
Originally Posted by Smokewagun
The "in glass" antennas absolutely stink for reception. I experienced this just yesterday first hand. Our 2008 Expedition has the "in-glass" and it won't pick up stations remotely close when my 2008 F-150 picks them up alot farther away. And, the whip on the F-150 still stinks. Why can we get such great reception from a SIRIUS type antenna when the rest are junk?

As for renderings, you never see antennas in renderings. That's just marketing. Antennas are "distractions' to the product they are trying to sell just because they are simple vertical lines in the picture that distract rather than offer real sales value. That goes the same for license plates. If they are on a rendering or sales photo ads, they are usually plain numbers, or a plate "embossed" with numbers, but painted to match the truck to give a hint of a plate, but not call it out as distracting.
Lol i just had to go outside and check to see if i had an antenna lol. Didnt even know there was one on it.

Old 12-22-2008, 10:29 PM
that's exactly my point. they draw this illusion of clean and simple, then BAM! they stick on the front plate like a total afterthought. and the antenna.

i referring to european and japanese vehicles with in the glass antennas. they obviously know how to do it right.

does the ford emblem really stick out as far as the pic shows?

it looks like the bead of gray sealant around the taillights is wider than the chrome. supposed to hide that. the amount of chrome on the headlights isn't near as much as the tails. like in the pic of the black FX4 crew... the heads look normal and dont' draw any attention, but then the tails stand out like a sore thumb....even from a pic taken from the front. maybe they had 2 different designers work on the front and back.

another rant for ford.... start calibrating you gauges with numbers and units! sure it may cost alittle more but you're the only one not doing it. my oil pressure and voltage gauge on my truck are nothing more than an idiot light with a needle on it... they are not analogue. ford still plays with letters. heck, they still had i-beam suspension well into the 2000's.

Old 12-22-2008, 11:36 PM
The rear Ford logo on the tailgate is sticking out so far 'cause it houses the backup camera

Old 12-23-2008, 05:42 AM
Barritia,
I think your white Platinum looks awesome. Congrats.

Old 12-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by jessiebouc
Barritia,
I think your white Platinum looks awesome. Congrats.

Thanks Jessiebouc.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
...If I were considering buying right now, those lights would keep me from it.
Bluejay, not to pick on you at all, but that's funny right there... I don't care who ya' are!

That's like saying you wouldn't date that "almost perfect woman" because she doesn't have the perfect hair color. You obviously have more things that you don't like about the truck than JUST the tail lights. Let us know when you are considering buying one. By then, the word will be out, and some aftermarket company will have a "cure" for those nasty tail lights. Oh, by the way, the tails don't inpress me, either, but the rest of the truck is great. I'd just be sure to always approach it from the front.

Old 12-23-2008, 01:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Bluejay, not to pick on you at all, but that's funny right there... I don't care who ya' are!

That's like saying you wouldn't date that "almost perfect woman" because she doesn't have the perfect hair color. You obviously have more things that you don't like about the truck than JUST the tail lights. Let us know when you are considering buying one. By then, the word will be out, and some aftermarket company will have a "cure" for those nasty tail lights. Oh, by the way, the tails don't inpress me, either, but the rest of the truck is great. I'd just be sure to always approach it from the front.
I saw a red one on the street yesterday. I looked at the front, and thoght, not good, but not ugly either. Looked down the side and not too bad till I came to the growths wrapped around the rear and half way down the quarter panel. Just ugly! Not only are they way to big and shaped goofy, they had to go and draw attention to them by outlining them in chrome. When I see one, that is all I see.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:55 PM
sunshades need pullout extension for side window use. both dodge and chevy have this.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by Riken
sunshades need pullout extension for side window use. both dodge and chevy have this.
I just have tinted windows on mine. Dont think i have ever owned a car where i have used that function.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I saw a red one on the street yesterday. I looked at the front, and thoght, not good, but not ugly either. Looked down the side and not too bad till I came to the growths wrapped around the rear and half way down the quarter panel. Just ugly! Not only are they way to big and shaped goofy, they had to go and draw attention to them by outlining them in chrome. When I see one, that is all I see.
And its a shame that ONLY a certain model, in a certain color, in a certain light, turned a certain angle, and with an uncertain eye, does this Rendering of a Jap truck look OK.

I spent the holidays in Detroit, and saw dozens of new Fords. Now that I have seen many different colors at many different angles......Its still looks like a Jap peice of ****......from any angle.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:08 AM

That's like saying you wouldn't date that "almost perfect woman" because she doesn't have the perfect hair color. You obviously have more things that you don't like about the truck than JUST the tail lights.

NO, thats like saying she is ALMOST perfect, but she has a 200lb *** behind her. Sure, she may have a pretty face, but the "tail end" is so bad it ruins the whole thing!!

I dont get why some of you dont understand that when someone is going to spend 40,000 on a truck.......it DOES matter A LOT weather they like how it looks..............I knew a girl once......she was a great person on the inside.......but she was fu##n ugly. Did I like her....sure, Would I marry her......Hell No, gotta look at it every day then..........same goes for the new Tundra -150...or F-150. Weather its nice on the inside is irrelevant.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:06 AM
Originally Posted by Daybreak
NO, thats like saying she is ALMOST perfect, but she has a 200lb *** behind her. Sure, she may have a pretty face, but the "tail end" is so bad it ruins the whole thing!!

I dont get why some of you don't understand that when someone is going to spend 40,000 on a truck.......it DOES matter A LOT weather they like how it looks..............I knew a girl once......she was a great person on the inside.......but she was fu##n ugly. Did I like her....sure, Would I marry her......Hell No, gotta look at it every day then..........same goes for the new Tundra -150...or F-150. Weather its nice on the inside is irrelevant.
Well lucky for everyone because everyone has different taste. Think how bad it would be if every truck looked like the ford, chevy or Dodge. I for one wouldn't want everyone driving around in the same truck as me. There's no denying the new f150 is a very good looking truck and better than anything on the market at this moment. Some people will like it and some will prefer their 1-30 year old truck better. I have had nothing but compliments on how nice the truck looks and it even seem to attract little crowds at Lowe's some mornings. I have never had that from any truck or car be it the 04-08 f150's we have at work and even the Ranger Rover HSE sport, BMW and Mercedes we have. I came out of outback steak house last night and there was a family looking around it. I thought they hit it at first but they was just looking it over. They loved it even more when they see the inside. It's different yes but it's something fresh for ford and it's good to see them trying new things unlike most of the other trucks on the market.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:27 PM
i mean the sunvisors actually slide on the rod out about 5", very simple, but ford overlooked it.

Quick Reply: don't like the chrome on the tailights, and is the EL diff user selectable?