2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

don't like the chrome on the tailights, and is the EL diff user selectable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluejay...sounds like a possible bed swap in your '09-'10 truck, lol.

I wonder how many people will attempt or really look into a tranny swap from an '09+ to '04-'08???

I also agree the chrome in the light is awful but probably fixable...I could deal with the shape but the shine has got to go.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Bluejay...sounds like a possible bed swap in your '09-'10 truck, lol.

I wonder how many people will attempt or really look into a tranny swap from an '09+ to '04-'08???

I also agree the chrome in the light is awful but probably fixable...I could deal with the shape but the shine has got to go.

The lights would be an extremly easy fix.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:54 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Barritia
The lights would be an extremly easy fix.
How do you reduce the size and change the shape? basically get rid of the angled extension on the quarter panel.

Old 12-28-2008, 09:34 PM
For those who hate the tailights so much, why not just get the flareside bed? Problem solved.

And as far as the visor extensions go, my 1997 had them, but if I recall correctly my 1998 did not. And my '97 was an XLT and my '98 a Lariat. So FMC must have decided to forgo them altogether after just the first year of the new model. I never used it on my 1997.

On my 2004, you can unclip the right side of the drivers sunvisor and swing it around to block the side window if you wish. Again, if the '09's are the same, problem solved.

I wouldn't worry about the little things easily fixed, I'd worry about BIG issues, such as NOT having remote start on the Platinum. Now THAT is a big deal in any state where there is cold weather/snow/ice build-up. I would NEVER buy a vehicle without remote start, never ever, 100% total dealbreaker for me. Until I hear from someone on this board that the remote start Platinum issue is resolved, there will never be a refreshed '09('10) sitting in my driveway.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The tails are bad, and the fenders look horrible as well with the crease indentions at top of the apex of them.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:28 PM
if you put the sunvisor to the side window, it still leaves 5" not covered. when the sun is there, you notice it. hence the reason for the slide feature.

Old 12-28-2008, 10:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Why not just wear sunglasses? That's what I do. Screw the visor.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
Just thought I'd throw in my .02, I think the new tail lights look incredible! I think the bed looks near perfect.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Riken

i referring to european and japanese vehicles with in the glass antennas. they obviously know how to do it right.
Trust me, someone already said it, those antennas stink for coverage. BMW uses that shark fin one on the roof, and it supposedly works ok (no first hand play though ) but Mercedes has the in window antenna, on vehicles worth FAR more then my truck, and they can't pick up simple country stations that I listen to all day in my truck. The reception just sucks.

sunshades need pullout extension for side window use. both dodge and chevy have this.
I agree 100% here. Damn visor pisses me off. Woulda cost ford an extra what, $.05 PER truck, but nope. Friggin lean forward, block with your hand, or squint like a mother....

As for tinted windows, I know, I need em, bad ! But still, wont help much. Window is usually down anyways.

Sunglasses.... I wear real glasses, not goofy teen glasses. The aviators let sun in from the side, when just in the right position. Again, 5 cents and ford coulda made a couple people happier.

And yes, tail lights are horrible, but I think people will get use to em. Like someone said, every big redesign of lights is always hated, for awhile. Corvette, F150s, Jeep, F25, etc etc etc. Then we forget and are ok. Raptor didn't look half bad in person !!

My 2 cents added.

Old 01-01-2009, 02:57 PM
i mean the sunvisors actually slide on the rod out about 5", very simple, but ford overlooked it.

What did they over look???

Quick Reply: don't like the chrome on the tailights, and is the EL diff user selectable?