2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

don't like the chrome on the tailights, and is the EL diff user selectable?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't like the chrome on the tailights, and is the EL diff user selectable?

or computer controlled? and why wouldn't they put in it on FX4 AND ABOVE models?

i guess the chrome wouldn't look bad on a white or silver truck, but...i like black/dark colours.

very glad to see only the longer front doors avail,...now i'm really considering a crew cab. and its definitely cheaper than having 2 of everything(production wise).

very glad to see the church pew front seats are GONE! there appears to be bolster in the new ones. they got rid of the bolster in 04 then realized they shouldn't have gotten rid of it....real smart.

the max tow pkg has a 20:1 steering ratio....what is the normal ratio? i don't see the point in changing it.

how strong are the power step bars? i mean in the winter with a big snow chuck stuck up in there.

and, i'll assume there will be a harley edition or similar in the future.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Good question, I'll be interested to hear how those power steps operate in the freezing winter months.

Also very sad to hear about the continuing saga of the remote start/platinum debacle. Strange how Ford forgot to check on this detail while refreshing the rest of the lineup; suppose with 7 trim lines they just overlooked it.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Good question, I'll be interested to hear how those power steps operate in the freezing winter months.

Also very sad to hear about the continuing saga of the remote start/platinum debacle. Strange how Ford forgot to check on this detail while refreshing the rest of the lineup; suppose with 7 trim lines they just overlooked it.
The power deploy running boards have a sensor that stops them from breaking there self if they hit something and i also guess they would stop if ice jammed them. I think it would take a lot of snow or ice to frezze these things up as they are pretty powerful. Will let ya know in a few weeks.

Old 12-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
The power deploy running boards have a sensor that stops them from breaking there self if they hit something and i also guess they would stop if ice jammed them. I think it would take a lot of snow or ice to frezze these things up as they are pretty powerful. Will let ya know in a few weeks.
Cool beans. Thanks!

Old 12-20-2008, 07:48 PM
and someone made a good point of all the windtunnel testing on the mirrors but not the wipers. i think they could've hid them, or put some design thought into them, by raising the rear of the hood, etc. and the antenna is so outdated, hide it in the windows like the japanese are doing. i think the wipers and antenna are afterthoughts. even the design studio doesn't include it in their drawings. for example; the rendered pics in the brochures don't include antennas...yet this truck in my driveway has this ugly thing sticking out of the fender that gets caught on my garage door everytime.

i think defroster lines in the bottom of the windshield is the most ingenious idea ever. like the caravan had in the early 2000's. 3 lines... very effective in the winter, surprised no one has ever stole that idea.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:56 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Saw my first one on the street last night and the taillights are hideous. I'll never get used to those. Ugly is not strong enough word for how they look to me.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Saw my first one on the street last night and the taillights are hideous. I'll never get used to those. Ugly is not strong enough word for how they look to me.

I remember when the f150 what had these tail lights was about.

Then they updated them on new new model and people said exactly the same thing. It happens every time a new model comes and and people need to get used to the updated styling. Because they are so used to the old style of the others.

Trending Topics

Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 PM
i like the taillights, just don't like the chrome. i would take em apart and paint the surroundings black like the harley tails.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Barritia
I remember when the f150 what had these tail lights was about.

Then they updated them on new new model and people said exactly the same thing. It happens every time a new model comes and and people need to get used to the updated styling. Because they are so used to the old style of the others.
I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. Thought I would get used to them. After seeing them live, I can assure you I won't. If I were considering buying right now, those lights would keep me from it.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
I thought the same thing when I saw the pics. Thought I would get used to them. After seeing them live, I can assure you I won't. If I were considering buying right now, those lights would keep me from it.
I cant say that the tail lights really bother me. I think they make the back end of the truck stand out more but not really paid any attention to whats inside them. I think mine look nice with the tri white sand but im sure it's a very easy fix. Just smoke the lenses or do what the ricer motors do and add some stockings over them lol

Old 12-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Buy smoked Raptor head & tail lights and your lookin FINE. And gloss B pillar from platinum.

I think I made the point re the wipers... 157 different mirors were tested, but they still have the same ol' fashoned wiper... Gotta assume that its is not affected in windtunnel. On the 09s the "power dome" hood is higher so they are a 'little more outta the wind'.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:02 PM
The problem with the tail lights is not just the chrome. Why can I see more than 1/2 the brake light from the side of the truck?? Totaly Toyota. They ruin the entire side profile of these trucks. Take the chrome away and they are still WAY to big. They OVER-DID-IT. Just like with the front end. Wanna make it look like a Super Duty?.....fine......but this is just plain ugly! Even the new wheels, especially the 20's, look like import crap.

Sorry. Touchy subject! I waited 4 years for the "new" ones to come out and replace my o4'......WOW what a dissapointment!....oh well. My new 08' will look better than this 'new' body style for many many years to come. Looks aint everything, but for 40 grand, gimmie something that dosent look like a "tough" Toyota, with GMC fenders and an ugly *** fake Chevy front end.

I bleed Motorsport Blue.......and I am having a hard time defending these trucks to all my less educated, Chevy and Dodge driving friends. They pretty much end the argument by saying......yea its tough, but its Fu##in Ugly.......and i cant argue with that!

Last edited by Daybreak; 12-20-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:14 PM
Maybe you should drive one. Betwen the seats and tranny alone. You may change your mind. I know I did on the seats alone.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Daybreak
The problem with the tail lights is not just the chrome. Why can I see more than 1/2 the brake light from the side of the truck?? Totaly Toyota. They ruin the entire side profile of these trucks. Take the chrome away and they are still WAY to big. They OVER-DID-IT. Just like with the front end. Wanna make it look like a Super Duty?.....fine......but this is just plain ugly! Even the new wheels, especially the 20's, look like import crap.

Sorry. Touchy subject! I waited 4 years for the "new" ones to come out and replace my o4'......WOW what a dissapointment!....oh well. My new 08' will look better than this 'new' body style for many many years to come. Looks aint everything, but for 40 grand, gimmie something that dosent look like a "tough" Toyota, with GMC fenders and an ugly *** fake Chevy front end.

I bleed Motorsport Blue.......and I am having a hard time defending these trucks to all my less educated, Chevy and Dodge driving friends. They pretty much end the argument by saying......yea its tough, but its Fu##in Ugly.......and i cant argue with that!
I agree completely. It's the stupid side of the tail light. I will keep my 05, that truck is too ugly for me. I would love to have the tranny, but I have to feel like it looks good, and they just don't. I'm not going to mention the dumb lettering on the decals, they can be peeled off.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Global Moderator &

One other thing, the tailgate is stupid looking.

Quick Reply: don't like the chrome on the tailights, and is the EL diff user selectable?