2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2009 with Remote Start Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boataddict
I have a Ford autostart in my 06. It is a single key fob with 4 buttons.
So do I in my 04. But like I said, according to the Ford accessory guide, they don't offer that single keyfob 4 button model anymore.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Originally Posted by bluegreenf150
The remote start has always been an accessory. If it was factory installed, it would be listed under the options section, and not the accessories.
Interesting. I was led to believe that in 2009 it would be a factory-installed option for all models; except Platinum.

My 1997, 1998 and 2004 F-150's all had remote starts. All were dealer or aftermarket add-on's. That's why I was confused when I saw remote start as an option on all 2009's except Platinum. Seems like now it is not an option on any model, just a dealer installed accessory, same as in all previous years. That stinks.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:51 PM
^yes, it's still a dealer installed accessory. So what is even the point of adding it to your factory invoice order? Just buy it from the dealer when the truck is delivered.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Is the factory remote start already installed in the truck? I heard they install it is a ship thru process, and is installed before it comes to the dealer. Is this true? If not, what process do I have to go thru to get it installed?

Old 12-03-2008, 10:21 PM
Chris, most seem to think that the dealer will install it. But....

Check this out, this is what it said in the 2008 order guide:
FACTORY INVOICED ACCESSORIES – DEALER INSTALLED (Note: Genuine Ford Accessories will be shipped (separate from the vehicle) via VIN Fulfillment to the ship-to dealership for installation)

and, here is what it now says in the 2009 order guide:
CUSTOM ACCESSORIES, PRE-INSTALLED – Limited Production Offerings (Available ONLY on trucks sourced to Kansas City Assembly Plant.)

So, for 2009, note how it says pre-installed instead of dealer-installed. So Chris you might be right, it might be installed somewhere else before it ships to the dealer?

Old 12-04-2008, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
Chris, most seem to think that the dealer will install it. But....

Check this out, this is what it said in the 2008 order guide:
FACTORY INVOICED ACCESSORIES – DEALER INSTALLED (Note: Genuine Ford Accessories will be shipped (separate from the vehicle) via VIN Fulfillment to the ship-to dealership for installation)

and, here is what it now says in the 2009 order guide:
CUSTOM ACCESSORIES, PRE-INSTALLED – Limited Production Offerings (Available ONLY on trucks sourced to Kansas City Assembly Plant.)

So, for 2009, note how it says pre-installed instead of dealer-installed. So Chris you might be right, it might be installed somewhere else before it ships to the dealer?

In england when you order a car not made in the UK the car will ship from the factory and as it enter the UK mainland it will get fitted with a UK apec alarm what confirms to certain codes. Perhaps they are now doing the same as some states are not allowed certain options.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 AM
Where on the truck can I look to see if it is installed? There are no key fobs for the remote start anywhere.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:21 AM
Also will I be able to see if it is installed by looking at the window sticker?

Old 12-04-2008, 08:43 AM
Your dealer must have someone there who knows ho to use remote start or at least some infomation on it. I was told that the alarm would be fitted at the dealership but that was 6 months ago now.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:53 AM
When the dealership orders a vehicle with a remote starter it does come with it. The problem is that it comes in a box and it needs to be installed. This is where the dealership calls me to install them for them. I am the contracted Ford Accessory installer for the Kansas City area. It's amazing how limited the knowledge of the dealers is when it comes to any of the Ford Accessories. Ford should have stepped up the game and made it mandatory that all sales guys and especially the aftermarket department knows anything and everything about their products.

Sadly the word come down on Monday that Ford Accessories is changing up. My local distributor and contractor Factory Motor Parts has been told that they will no longer purchase Ford Accessories for distribution to the dealers. This puts me out of a job from them but I will still be installing for the dealer directly now which is mostly what I do anyways. The dealerships will have to order and stock the accessories themselves then just ring me when they need it installed.

I have done about 30 of the 09 F150s so far. It's a different layout from the previous year but not too bad. Instead of doing a F150 in 30-40 minutes. It has now moved me to about an hour...lol. Kind of annoyed that now I have to run a couple wires over to the passenger side kick panel but it's because they moved the BCM and fuse box over there like the Expeditions. Your truck is pretty simple to do yourself and I am currently working on an installation guide for the 09 F150s.

Anyone on here will tell you about me offering both OEM Ford systems or any other manufacturers aftermarket systems with step-by-step installation guides and tech help. Just do a search and you'll find tons of postings about my products and customer service.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
When the dealership orders a vehicle with a remote starter it does come with it. The problem is that it comes in a box and it needs to be installed. This is where the dealership calls me to install them for them. I am the contracted Ford Accessory installer for the Kansas City area. It's amazing how limited the knowledge of the dealers is when it comes to any of the Ford Accessories. Ford should have stepped up the game and made it mandatory that all sales guys and especially the aftermarket department knows anything and everything about their products.

Sadly the word come down on Monday that Ford Accessories is changing up. My local distributor and contractor Factory Motor Parts has been told that they will no longer purchase Ford Accessories for distribution to the dealers. This puts me out of a job from them but I will still be installing for the dealer directly now which is mostly what I do anyways. The dealerships will have to order and stock the accessories themselves then just ring me when they need it installed.

I have done about 30 of the 09 F150s so far. It's a different layout from the previous year but not too bad. Instead of doing a F150 in 30-40 minutes. It has now moved me to about an hour...lol. Kind of annoyed that now I have to run a couple wires over to the passenger side kick panel but it's because they moved the BCM and fuse box over there like the Expeditions. Your truck is pretty simple to do yourself and I am currently working on an installation guide for the 09 F150s.

Anyone on here will tell you about me offering both OEM Ford systems or any other manufacturers aftermarket systems with step-by-step installation guides and tech help. Just do a search and you'll find tons of postings about my products and customer service.

Hey KCAutosound can you offer me any advice on the way to go for fitting a clifford MATRIX 50.7X or viper 5901 system to my 09 platinum. Should i get a proper place to instal it or is there any way i can go about it my self??? If i could get detailed infomation to fit it then i would purchase that info from you. Also do you know the reason as to why the platinum dont have a remote start option???

Old 12-04-2008, 08:01 PM
Well, we figured it out. As it turns out it was human error. The dealer never ordered the truck with it. So now the question is if I have the ford unit installed by a local installer here, how different is it from the factory unit. I worry about splicing into wires in the factory harness.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:06 PM
Have your dealer go to the FMC dealer website, under the accessories/reference library, and there they can download the Instructions for the Remote Start Gold (6 button) and the Remote start Bronze (1 button). If they cannot find them hit me up and i can tell them how to find it. It includes step by step instructions for all 09s. If they still cannot figure it out have their tech call 800-ford-key and make sure to have their P&A code ready....

good luck.

Old 12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
...Anyone on here will tell you about me offering both OEM Ford systems or any other manufacturers aftermarket systems with step-by-step installation guides and tech help. Just do a search and you'll find tons of postings about my products and customer service.
I can vouch for Travis. I bought one of his pre-wired remote start/alarms about a year ago and it was a breeze to install. Took me about 45 mins and when i needed help programming it, Travis answered his cell on sunday! talk about customer service

Old 12-16-2008, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by Sal FX4
Have your dealer go to the FMC dealer website, under the accessories/reference library, and there they can download the Instructions for the Remote Start Gold (6 button) and the Remote start Bronze (1 button). If they cannot find them hit me up and i can tell them how to find it. It includes step by step instructions for all 09s. If they still cannot figure it out have their tech call 800-ford-key and make sure to have their P&A code ready....

good luck.
Hey man. You're leaking trade secrets....lol

Quick Reply: 2009 with Remote Start Question