2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2009 with Remote Start Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2008, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 with Remote Start Question

Ordered a 2009 with Remote Start. Truck arrived, but it does not have the remote started on it. Looked in the book. Says a factory invoiced, dealer installed option. My dealer has never ordered a truck like this and is unaware of the process he has to go thru to get the remote start. Please give me some insite! Thanks

Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
Wow thats weird. I got a ford rep about 5 mins ago to look into this for me. I know that the dealer has to order it and then they install it at the dealership. I thought that it was sent to the dealership the same time as the truck gets there??? What truck you got??

Old 12-03-2008, 03:12 PM
I know in MA, a lot of dealerships sub that kind of thing out. They supply the parts and have an outside installer do the setup.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:17 PM
It is the same as before. The truck comes in and the dealer installs it.
It is a ford part so it is plug and play.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:27 PM
it is a 2009 F-150 Heavy Duty Payload XLT SuperCab.

Old 12-03-2008, 04:12 PM
unless they changed something for 09, the Ford remote start units are not plug and play. You have to splice into the wires just like any other remote start/alarm.

Most dealers do sub that work out to a 3rd party installer.

Seems like your dealer should call Ford to see what's up. They should install your remote starter or you should demand your money back as far as whatever the factory invoice price is for it.

Old 12-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I heard a remote start installer advertising on the radio today, that he has units that are activated by your cell phone from anywhere???

Trending Topics

Old 12-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Old 12-03-2008, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
F me.. that's sweet...

Old 12-03-2008, 07:16 PM
I could have sworn that factory remote start was an option on all F-150 models except the Platinum. For the Platinum, you'd have to purchase it as a dealer-installed add-on, and it would be installed at the dealership when your truck arrives and is being prepped for delivery to you.

Perhaps that has changed, although I am positive before the truck was released it was a factory option in all the paperwork I read and build site, again except for Platinum.

Old 12-03-2008, 07:57 PM
yes, the order guide shows the remote start as a custom accessory that is not available for the Platinum package. Note that the order guide also says that the custom accessories (remote start, cargo storage unit, chrome bug shield, chrome exhaust tip, or bed rug) are only available for trucks sourced to the KC plant. The Platinum is built in the Dearborn plant, so that's why you can't get the remote start for the Platinum.

Do you guys know if this remote start only comes with a single button keyfob so that you have to carry two keyfobs around? Because looking at the general Ford accessory guide, it appears you can only get a single button remote start only model, or the full blown alarm system with remote start that has a 6-button remote. There doesn't appear to be a middle model anymore with a 4 button remote for remote start and keyless entry.

If that's the case, who would want to carry two keyfobs around. You'd be better off going aftermarket or get the Ford alarm/remote start system. The Code Alarm CA-530 is an equivalent old middle model Ford system with a 4 button remote for remote start and keyless entry. Code Alarm makes the Ford systems.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 12-03-2008 at 08:05 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
The remote start has always been an accessory. If it was factory installed, it would be listed under the options section, and not the accessories.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
yes, the order guide shows the remote start as a custom accessory that is not available for the Platinum package. Note that the order guide also says that the custom accessories (remote start, cargo storage unit, chrome bug shield, chrome exhaust tip, or bed rug) are only available for trucks sourced to the KC plant. The Platinum is built in the Dearborn plant, so that's why you can't get the remote start for the Platinum.

Do you guys know if this remote start only comes with a single button keyfob so that you have to carry two keyfobs around? Because looking at the general Ford accessory guide, it appears you can only get a single button remote start only model, or the full blown alarm system with remote start that has a 6-button remote. There doesn't appear to be a middle model anymore with a 4 button remote for remote start and keyless entry.

If that's the case, who would want to carry two keyfobs around. You'd be better off going aftermarket or get the Ford alarm/remote start system. The Code Alarm CA-530 is an equivalent old middle model Ford system with a 4 button remote for remote start and keyless entry. Code Alarm makes the Ford systems.
What i don't understand is why it's available on the XLT but not the platinum?? I am still waiting for the Rep to call me back about the reason for this.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4

I have a Ford autostart in my 06. It is a single key fob with 4 buttons.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
What i don't understand is why it's available on the XLT but not the platinum?? I am still waiting for the Rep to call me back about the reason for this.
I already stated the reason why. For some reason Ford is only doing the custom "factory invoiced" accessories from the KC plant only, and the Platinum is not built there but at the Dearborn plant. When your truck comes in and you want a Ford system, I'd get their new gold system from your dealer which is alarm/remote start/keyless entry all in one system with a 6 button remote.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 12-03-2008 at 08:48 PM.

Quick Reply: 2009 with Remote Start Question