2009 - 2014 F-150

3 months after debut, and we still know nothing...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:09 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 02XLT4X4
You are comparing a fully decked out half ton to a stripped down, no a/c no cruise 3/4 ton that has been languishing on the dealerships lot for over a year.

You can easily spend $33,000 on a F-150 as well.
Actually I'm not comparing a fully decked out 1/2 ton. A LS chevy is nicely equipped, its pretty comparable to a XLT or maybe a light FX4. The new GM 1/2 tons are expensive. Yes the F-150's are, but you can get a lot more rebates on them than the gm's. I am also not talking about a stripped down 3/4 ton. There is enough rebates right now to get them at least 10,000 off MSRP, so you can get a pretty nicely equipped F-250 Diesel for about the same as the vortec max 1/2 ton chevy.

Here is just one local add out of 10 surrounding dealerships:
http://www.landmarkford.com/specials/new.htm

This is over 10,000$ off MSRP on a 1/2 ton the 3/4 tons are up to 12,000$off in the local newspaper.

Don't take it wrong guys I used to be a chevy guy, but after I drove all the new model trucks, I'm telling you the F-150 (even though not the most powerful) is the best truck for all around use. I drove a vortec max, that was actually what I was going to buy, ( an LS 4WD ECSB vortec max for 8,000 off MSRP for 31,800) I said no way will I buy a Ford.....ever. Lol, then I drove one....All I'm saying is fi your going to spend a ton on a 1/2 ton and want a huge towing capacity why not spend a few more bucks and get a Diesel with a 15,000 # towing capacity.

Old 04-10-2008, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They're testing a TT V6 eco boost engine as well as the 4.4L diesel. I can't say when/if either will make production, but I'd say the 4.4L had a better shot until diesel prices decided to go through the roof.
They've also been testing a twin turbo (twin force) 7.0L Boss motor but there's no chance in hell it will make production.

Old 04-12-2008, 02:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josh M
Actually I'm not comparing a fully decked out 1/2 ton. A LS chevy is nicely equipped, its pretty comparable to a XLT or maybe a light FX4. The new GM 1/2 tons are expensive. Yes the F-150's are, but you can get a lot more rebates on them than the gm's. I am also not talking about a stripped down 3/4 ton. There is enough rebates right now to get them at least 10,000 off MSRP, so you can get a pretty nicely equipped F-250 Diesel for about the same as the vortec max 1/2 ton chevy.

Here is just one local add out of 10 surrounding dealerships:
http://www.landmarkford.com/specials/new.htm

This is over 10,000$ off MSRP on a 1/2 ton the 3/4 tons are up to 12,000$off in the local newspaper.

Don't take it wrong guys I used to be a chevy guy, but after I drove all the new model trucks, I'm telling you the F-150 (even though not the most powerful) is the best truck for all around use. I drove a vortec max, that was actually what I was going to buy, ( an LS 4WD ECSB vortec max for 8,000 off MSRP for 31,800) I said no way will I buy a Ford.....ever. Lol, then I drove one....All I'm saying is fi your going to spend a ton on a 1/2 ton and want a huge towing capacity why not spend a few more bucks and get a Diesel with a 15,000 # towing capacity.

My best bud owns a loaded Sierra vortec max crew (purchased 11 months ago) also looked at a 2500 Sierra same level/loaded. The diesel cash price was $15,000 more (Cdn $$$) which at that time was @ 90% value of USD.
In addition he didn't want the rougher ride, increased overall length(garage & turning circle)) increased height (parking in indoor parkade) etc...

When I price out the vortec max pkg its less than if I wouldn't get it as then I'd get the 20" wheels and that option alone pushes it higher than it is just with the V-max. (clear as mud) Keep in mind I'm talking in Cdn funds here. When I price out a Fx4 SCrew vs. same equipment V-max Sierra, I'm VERY close. There is no way retail or cash any comaprison I want to make, that a comprably equiped F-250 would be close to a 1500 V-max...

Quick Reply: 3 months after debut, and we still know nothing...