2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

09 Platinum Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey, not picking on anyone in specific, but the real thing is... "Thank the Good Lord everyone is entitled to their own opinion".

If you don't like a moonroof, don't buy it. Ford's not pushing it on anyone. I think the light it lets in makes a truck on display look brighter inside, larger, more roomy, and more luxurious for potential buyers. It's a competition, and a smart angle to take at an auto show.

1stking - not being an ash, but if you've got extra cash to toss out, give it to me! Why would you spend $995 (list) on a moonroof and DISCONNECT it. What was your resoning in disconnecting it? Was it possessed and open by itself and make noise by itself? Just curious.

There are a lot of options out there that no one is twisting arms for anyone to buy. Yeah, I give it to you that some options require purchasing others - it peeves me, too. These manufacturers are trying to compete with each other. Sometimes I think they believe the one with the most crap you can put on a truck wins! Like I always say - If I don't like the rear gimmikky side steps, I won't buy them. If I don't like the rear tailgate step, I won't buy it. I don't like the 4X4 stickers, either, but I guess I'll have to get a 2WD because we all know they don't come off, and even if I remove them, the truck will no longer have 4 wheel drive. Take a hairdryer and peel 'em off. Now, let's get back to the real deal... I wan't the Platinum Edition without the aluminum band on the tailgate... Oh, come on... do I have to take it?

Old 01-22-2008, 02:05 AM
Exactly!

How come I can't get the Platinum in contrasting Aquaman Green / Sunbeam Yellow with Grapefruit Pink & RustFleck Orange racing stripes over the hood and thru the tailgate?! Wooooooo!!!

Old 02-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Sunroof

The problem with the sunroof is that whenever you hit the rear window power switch, you usually hit the sunroof switch instead.And if you forget you have one open and it rains on your interior.....I used to install power roofs in Lincolns , Caddys, Mercedes etc.....And I know they add weight, and require cutting and drilling for drain tubes etc.....I got this KR because I wanted leather .I also wanted the Super Crew.This is what was available.Do not get me wrong, its a sweet ride, and although I could have gotten any thing off the lot I wanted, this was the best choice for me. I think black is to much greif to keep clean, or I would have chose the Saleen or HD, or maybe a Roush.The color is cowboyish, but what the heck, the kids love it.In fact I walked them to school the other day, 40 mins one way, and one of them said," too bad the King Ranch couldnt follow us and give you a ride back home!" But I will look at the Dodge next time round.Big Horn has alot of value too.I just am not sold on Reliabilty with Dodge.But the KR has issues already,everytime I turn on the heat, I get the faint smell of Anti freeze.The wooden ashtry is not molded corectly, and the front passenger seat cover was bent, but I straitend that up the first couple days.I wonder if the dealership does that kind of thing to get warranty work?I would much rather have had the premium stereo w subwoofer, and the back up sensors over the roof anyday.

Old 02-09-2008, 11:18 PM
I like a lot of the exterior colors for the KR, just not the interior colors. Also LOVE the tan running boards and bed rail covers! Thanks for the inpput on the sunroof option, that's the kind of detail I was looking for as to why someone might NOT want the option.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Already have mine ordered

Just ordered my Blue Platinum with the Sony Audio and Power Moonroof (No Nav because I live in Germany) Just the Platinum package has SO much. Anyway, I contract for the Army and got to use the Military Car Sales and got the truck for $43,200. The build order is in and should have it here mid-November. I'd guess that Stateside at a dealer it'll be in the high 40's. As others have said, I doubt Ford will out price themselves.

Beers!

Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 PM
oijudd, did you ask them about the remote start? Just curious as to what possible reason there could be for the highest of the high-end models to NOT have the remote start as an option, when you can get it on just about any of the other trim levels. Just doesn't make any sense at all.

PS Congrats on the order, still deciding if I should get one or wait until the next remodel. I really want one... just not sure financially it's the best thing to do as my '04 isn't falling apart or anything.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't ask, but I'll look on the build invoice tomorrow to see if it's there.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:54 PM
That is a good price the little pricing I have seen here for a plat. is around $50K. Where are u at in germany I spent 2 yrs in Stuttgart they do have good beer

Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 PM
I thought the door handles on the Plat were supposed to be the same color as the rest of the vehicle, but on the Ford website the Plat's have the chrome handle with the same old black plastic surround as currently. Weren't the '09's going to everything the same color as the rest of the vehicle regarding the door and tailgate handles, no more black plastic? At least on the Plat's, yes? No? Was I just dreaming?

Old 06-22-2008, 12:39 AM
^those virtual pictures of the 09 on the Ford website are all messed up for several of the different models. The Platinum has body colored handles with chrome straps per the order guide.

Old 02-21-2009, 07:53 PM
I was just at the local ford dealership and they had a black screw platinum edition for $48.5k with the navigation and everything. It was sexy but next to it they had a black shelby gt500kr for $91k. Nutz!!!!! But as I saw them I was .

Old 02-22-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by beaver.25
What you guys figure an 09' Platinum Edition 4x4 with Navigation will be priced at?
I got about US$10k off of MSRP for mine. Plus got some serious discounts on some dealer options. Of course, I'm sure there are regional differences.

Quick Reply: 09 Platinum Pricing?