2004 - 2008 F-150

Complete led conversion

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
How dark is your tint? That probably has a lot to do with it. I don't have tinted windows and the zevos light up behind the truck just fine at night.

I was thinking of tinting this summer. But I'd keep it on the lighter side so it's easier to see. 30% rear and 50% front.
I had them tint the front side windows to match the factory tint in the back. I think 20%?? Whatever factory is, I forget.

But at night, it's DARK. Sometimes even with my aux backup lights I have to roll down the windows to see.

TINT

OEM Incandescent in tinted tailights

Led in tinted tail lights (without AUX backup lights)

Tinted tail lights, LED backup bulb, and LED AUX backup lights, sorry no night shots yet

Last edited by Hawkz28; 05-03-2016 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Optika1 illushu
Got the zevo reverse lights in last night before work. While they are a definate i provement i was expecting more. It doesnt help with the tinted windows, may look in into another set up down the road but for now theyll be fine. I was expecting more light thrown backwards but maybe i just need to get used to them...anythi g is better than the stock bulbs.

Think i may go with the 921 zevos for the cargo lights and let the 3rd brake light go, i like my cruise control and dont wanna deal with adding a resistor.

Found the zevo 194 ambers on amazon for a lil over what i paid for the white zevo 194s so im gunna pick some up for my truck and my gf ranger.
Look into the diode dynamic reverse lights. I have tinted windows and I can reverse 9 times out of 10 with the windows up.. For example my buddies long drive way with trees around it I used to have to roll my windows down to see with my incandescents now with these DD reverse lights I can leave the windows up and I can back up fine. Decent light thrown with a great amount of added width.

Old 05-03-2016, 02:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
True. I also think the stock reverse light housings are more for other cars/people to see you're backing up anyway. The reflectors seem to project the light in the same direction as the brake lights.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My rear windows are tinted 10% over the factory tint and I also have the stock Harley taillights. I'm running 6k hids. The light output is amazing!!

Quick Reply: Complete led conversion