2004 - 2008 F-150

Complete led conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2016, 11:46 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Hawkz28
I see from your video. I did on one of them had that issue, I had flip it around and also bend the metal a little for it to get a good connection
A diode by definition only works one way. It is essentially a one way check valve. Unlike a traditional filament bulb which works with the polarity reversed. I have had problems with the contacts too. Nothing a quick bend can't fix.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:59 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are replacing a bulb with an amber reflector use an AMBER LED bulb. Same for a red taillight use a RED LED bulb... LED's are very bright and they will wash out.

Exterior bulbs can be found here on my site: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/

Interior is a crap-shoot. There isn't a whole lot of detailed info as to what you need... the various 194 and LED boards are here though:

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-replacement-bulbs/

You'll have to know what you are looking for interior wise.

As for LED headlights. The kits I sell are the latest on the market, much better then the old style kits (which did blind people). Adjustable beam patterns and proven not to blind people. They tend to operate just like a halogen would as far as light scatter goes. Not one customer has complained about light scattering or a bad cut-off or blinding people.

Available in 6000 lumens for the headlights (and even fogs if you want) or just added are the 3000 lumens which give you 5 color choices in 1 box.. GREAT for fog lights

And before you say "ohh he's just saying that to sell lights" - that's my truck in the photos... I stand by what we sell because I use the products I sell. If I had an issue I wouldn't want to sell it because I'd get nothing but RMA's coming back, so you can bet if I sell it, I stand behind it. PM me if you have any questions/etc...

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-headlight-bulbs/

Old 04-27-2016, 09:08 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs
If you are replacing a bulb with an amber reflector use an AMBER LED bulb. Same for a red taillight use a RED LED bulb... LED's are very bright and they will wash out.

Exterior bulbs can be found here on my site: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/

Interior is a crap-shoot. There isn't a whole lot of detailed info as to what you need... the various 194 and LED boards are here though:

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-replacement-bulbs/

You'll have to know what you are looking for interior wise.

As for LED headlights. The kits I sell are the latest on the market, much better then the old style kits (which did blind people). Adjustable beam patterns and proven not to blind people. They tend to operate just like a halogen would as far as light scatter goes. Not one customer has complained about light scattering or a bad cut-off or blinding people.

Available in 6000 lumens for the headlights (and even fogs if you want) or just added are the 3000 lumens which give you 5 color choices in 1 box.. GREAT for fog lights

And before you say "ohh he's just saying that to sell lights" - that's my truck in the photos... I stand by what we sell because I use the products I sell. If I had an issue I wouldn't want to sell it because I'd get nothing but RMA's coming back, so you can bet if I sell it, I stand behind it. PM me if you have any questions/etc...

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/led-headlight-bulbs/

Dude, you still haven't taken photos you promised to prove your headlights don't produce glare. That was a few weeks ago. You said you'd post a photo comparing the stock halogen to your led. You never did. You say "proven not to blind people." Yet that's never once been proven. You, nor the manufacturer have not proved that at all. You e just stated that. But your photos so far have shown glare.

I'll say it again, don't put aftermarket LEDs in a headlight housing for a halogen. Do the new f150s use the same housing for the oem led as they do for the oem halogen? No, and for good reason.

I'm sorry to come off this way, but you jump into threads just to push your product. I bet you didn't read any of the thread either, just the title. We're not even talking about led headlights and on top of that, the op has already found the bulbs he needed.

No offense.

Last edited by 2008_XL; 04-27-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-27-2016, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor
I was on vacation last week and it's a process to take headlights out it rained here yesterday - I'll do it when I find time

Again not sure what you think glare is but there is no glare on the photos

Thanks for the support tbough if you need a pair of old halogens I have a box of them you can have that I'll never need again

Old 04-27-2016, 09:17 AM

I was on vacation last week and it's a process to take headlights out it rained here yesterday - I'll do it when I find time

Again not sure what you think glare is but there is no glare on the photos

Thanks for the support tbough if you need a pair of old halogens I have a box of them you can have that I'll never need again
Looks like you added Amber leds in those housings since the last time. That would have been a good time to do it.

Anyway, you keep saying stuff like "my products are proven" where is the proof? I'm not trying to argue with you, but you've been all talk.

I know what glare is. Do you?

Again, if LEDs worked so well in a housing made for halogens, why wouldn't ford just use a halogen housing for the oem led in the new f150?

Old 04-27-2016, 09:24 AM
Former Sponsor
Because projection housings always work better - that does not mean you CANT install LED Lghts in a halogen

I sense you love been burned before on cheap LED lights that did not perform well -

In didn't add amber in I've had amber in for a while now - plus Amber bulbs pop right in without removing housing

I'll get you some pics it takes time is all very busy

I can take some tonight for you of the LEDs against a wall just lot of a halogen vs led since of have to take light out and it's involved

You want real proof - pm me I'll send you a kit at cost so you can come back here and go "wow he was right they do work well"

No reason to keep battling with people you have a right to your opinion but feeding people old info isn't helping

Old 04-27-2016, 09:28 AM

Because projection housings always work better - that does not mean you CANT install LED Lghts in a halogen

I sense you love been burned before on cheap LED lights that did not perform well -

In didn't add amber in I've had amber in for a while now - plus Amber bulbs pop right in without removing housing

I'll get you some pics it takes time is all very busy

I can take some tonight for you of the LEDs against a wall just lot of a halogen vs led since of have to take light out and it's involved

You want real proof - pm me I'll send you a kit at cost so you can come back here and go "wow he was right they do work well"

No reason to keep battling with people you have a right to your opinion but feeding people old info isn't helping
I'm not looking to battle you. You have just given 0 proof to back any of this up. Don't worry about those pics. All of us in the other thread wanted to see your led compared to a halogen. Don't bother with just posting more pics of the LEDs.

I have not gotten burned and have not put LEDs in to my halogen headlight housings. I see for myself with every idiot around town that has aftermarket LEDs in their car or truck. They're blinding and all I've seen produce glare. It sucks because people just don't know any better. What they think it's brighter light isn't really brighter for them, it's just brighter for oncoming traffic because the light isn't not focused correctly.

That is all.

Old 04-27-2016, 09:38 AM
Former Sponsor
I agree with you (again) - I saw a jeep with led that looked terrible I wanted to chase him down - rip his crap out and give him a proper lot - I'm posting photos I've had - did not take new one set - I will

I know my lights work great I'm on a mission now to make you change your mind lol

Old 04-27-2016, 09:43 AM

I agree with you (again) - I saw a jeep with led that looked terrible I wanted to chase him down - rip his crap out and give him a proper lot - I'm posting photos I've had - did not take new one set - I will

I know my lights work great I'm on a mission now to make you change your mind lol
Trust me, I'd love for you to change my mind. I'm not just set in my ways, I've just never ever ever seen an led headlight that didn't **** me off. But, you obviously know what I mean there and feel the same.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:47 PM
4x4truckLED's,

I think you should send a set to 2008XL, and in exchange he has to make a writeup of the install and take pictures of all the adjustments and cutoffs, do a side by side comparison to OEM halogen, and write a review so you can post it on your website.

If they are as good as you say, you'll have some good feedback and review.

Old 04-27-2016, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hawkz28
4x4truckLED's,

I think you should send a set to 2008XL, and in exchange he has to make a writeup of the install and take pictures of all the adjustments and cutoffs, do a side by side comparison to OEM halogen, and write a review so you can post it on your website.

If they are as good as you say, you'll have some good feedback and review.

I'd absolutely do that. A lot of new companies are doing just that in exchange for real reviews. And I'm not going anywhere, I've been here for 8 years. I'd love for him to be able to change my mind and I'm sure all of us would love for there to be a plug n play led headlight that WORKS.

I am by no means looking for free hand outs from anyone. I have just yet to see any real proof.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:04 PM
I'll volunteer!
What's wrong with HIDs?
My housing says "no HID use" and I got 4 bulbs in there, works great.
I Even have the lows kick on with the highs using a relay.
A brighter bulb will produce more glare in my mind.
I don't have any proof that LED produce more glare and LEDs are superior technology.

Old 04-27-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by IntRiniTy
I'll volunteer!
What's wrong with HIDs?
I don't have any proof that LED produce more glare and LEDs are superior technology.
Haha. I don't think he's looking for any volunteers. Most people would probably just want a free set of lights out of the deal anyway.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:33 PM
Complete led conversion

Originally Posted by 2008_XL
Haha. I don't think he's looking for any volunteers. Most people would probably just want a free set of lights out of the deal anyway.
Haha I've been in this fight before so I'll gladly do a write up also. Obviously as shown before I do pretty good comparison pictures. Plus I call BS on the 6000 lumens part.

Last edited by thelariat02; 04-27-2016 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by IntRiniTy
I'll volunteer!
What's wrong with HIDs?
Ya they aren't working great, probably pretty horrible actually. And your HIDs glare more because of the fact that the optics are totally wrong for them.

Quick Reply: Complete led conversion