2004 - 2008 F-150

Complete led conversion

Old 04-27-2016, 03:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We should set up a poll and vote for who we want to do the comparison.

Sorry 2008XL, I vote for the lariat02. Your second though.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well that took a different turn than i expected...

Anyway back to MY thread, i took back the defectice bulbs and picked up the ep27 flasher. 3 minutes later and no more hyperflash. Took me longer to get myself positioned on the floor to get the flasher than it did to swap em. Found a seller on ebay that has zevos, in the styles i still need and also 4 pack of the 194s at a good price so ill be getting some more 194s for my other trucks.

I also threw in the last of the 194s i had in the license plates and they dont look shabby. Driving on the lift truck at work outside ladt night i kept hittin the lock/unlock on my keyfob to check out the tails and wow do they look nice. Even out to 100 feet i could clearly see the light with no issue. Definatly pleased with the zevo bulbs.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Optika1 illushu
Well that took a different turn than i expected...

Anyway back to [B]MY[\B] thread, i took back the defectice bulbs and picked up the ep27 flasher. 3 minutes later and no more hyperflash. Took me longer to get myself positioned on the floor to get the flasher than it did to swap em. Found a seller on ebay that has zevos, in the styles i still need and also 4 pack of the 194s at a good price so ill be getting some more 194s for my other trucks.

I also threw in the last of the 194s i had in the license plates and they dont look shabby. Driving on the lift truck at work outside ladt night i kept hittin the lock/unlock on my keyfob to check out the tails and wow do they look nice. Even out to 100 feet i couldnt clearly see the light with no issue. Definatly pleased with the zevo bulbs.
Glad the zevos work well for you! I think they're great too.

Old 04-30-2016, 08:18 PM

Did a walk around video with all of the LEDs I have.

Amber 3157 Zevo front turn signals, Amber JDM Astar 5730 194 side markers, red 3157 Zevo tails, 6500k 3157 reverse, 6500k 194 tag lamps.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:33 PM
Looks good and familiar ha. Got my amber 3157s in front turns today. Im gunna have to get some amber 194s for the front markers, the white zevos are,washing out to much for my liking. Waiting for the zevo 3156 reverse to show up.

Seen they have amber 194 zevos but boy are they expensive. 2000

2008xl what did,u use for ur 3rd brake/cargo light? Thats the only thing i didnt do yet.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Optika1 illushu
Looks good and familiar ha. Got my amber 3157s in front turns today. Im gunna have to get some amber 194s for the front markers, the white zevos are,washing out to much for my liking. Waiting for the zevo 3156 reverse to show up.

Seen they have amber 194 zevos but boy are they expensive. 2000

2008xl what did,u use for ur 3rd brake/cargo light? Thats the only thing i didnt do yet.
I've never seen Amber 194 zevos. Maybe they're new? That's why I have the Amber jdm astar leds in the side markers. The 6500k really do wash them out too much, I agree. Tried that before.

In my TBL and cargo lamps, I honestly don't remember what I put in there. That was my first led swap and I got the bulbs from superbrightleds almost 2 years back. I know it's a 912 or 921 and it was their brightest offering. It does the trick just fine.

I'm sorry I can't be more helpful with the bulbs I used in that application. When doing the TBL, you'll need a resistor on that one otherwise it'll disable cruise.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:39 PM
Former Sponsor
I should do a walk around video tomorrow... looks like a good idea

Old 04-30-2016, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs
I should do a walk around video tomorrow... looks like a good idea
What LEDs are you using other than headlights? I was gonna get those morimotos from you, but I'm happy with the zevos.

And too bad usps had to screw me, or I would have been testing your lights tonight instead.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:45 PM
Former Sponsor
I sell the complete Diode Dynamic line of products. So everything from turn signals and reverse lights to interior dome lights and license plate lights/etc...

When I picked up the Diode Dynamics line I actually started selling more of those than I did LED Headlights. Now it's back to LED Headlights (it's weird one week it's all about exterior bulbs, the next headlights)... those are my main sellers BTW, seems like it's something EVERYBODY can do, unlike the light bars which are really only what the off-road guys do)

Yeah that sucks. Im really eager to find out if you have an issue with one side high beams... 2/3 people I sent replacement ballasts to, didn't work (sending them new kits from my original guy like we talked about). You have a set from a new production run, so yeah i'm real eager to find out the results

Old 04-30-2016, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4TruckLEDs
I sell the complete Diode Dynamic line of products. So everything from turn signals and reverse lights to interior dome lights and license plate lights/etc...

When I picked up the Diode Dynamics line I actually started selling more of those than I did LED Headlights. Now it's back to LED Headlights (it's weird one week it's all about exterior bulbs, the next headlights)... those are my main sellers BTW, seems like it's something EVERYBODY can do, unlike the light bars which are really only what the off-road guys do)

Yeah that sucks. Im really eager to find out if you have an issue with one side high beams... 2/3 people I sent replacement ballasts to, didn't work (sending them new kits from my original guy like we talked about). You have a set from a new production run, so yeah i'm real eager to find out the results
I'm bummed too. That was my plan for the night. Obviously not your fault at all though.

I have not tried that brand of LEDs you sell. A walk around video would be cool to see.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:50 PM
Former Sponsor
I've learned that this forum doesn't have as big a crowd as F150Forum... Diode Dynamics is very popular over there, and that's why I picked up the brand to sell.

They work good. They do a lot of testing on various vehicles which is why I like them. A bit more expensive (for me anyway) then my other supplier, but some of their stuff is made in the USA and the warranty is great. So I took a hit in profit margins to sell them. Happy so far.

The reverse lights are REALLY bright, I don't even use my AuxBeam 7" anymore for reverse.

I can do a nighttime walkaround but don't think it'll help much unless I do it in a parking lot (my go pro isn't that great at night)

Old 05-01-2016, 12:16 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have the DD reverse lights and love them, heck of a lot better than the old incandescent. Even better when you go with a clear lens on the reverse lights.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:28 AM
Got the zevo reverse lights in last night before work. While they are a definate i provement i was expecting more. It doesnt help with the tinted windows, may look in into another set up down the road but for now theyll be fine. I was expecting more light thrown backwards but maybe i just need to get used to them...anythi g is better than the stock bulbs.

Think i may go with the 921 zevos for the cargo lights and let the 3rd brake light go, i like my cruise control and dont wanna deal with adding a resistor.

Found the zevo 194 ambers on amazon for a lil over what i paid for the white zevo 194s so im gunna pick some up for my truck and my gf ranger.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:35 AM
I have tinted windows(all except front) as well as tinted taillights. Even with the brightest LED reverse bulb I could find it still was hard to see at night.

The only fix was to add aux backup lights under the bumper for me..........

Old 05-03-2016, 10:20 AM

How dark is your tint? That probably has a lot to do with it. I don't have tinted windows and the zevos light up behind the truck just fine at night.

I was thinking of tinting this summer. But I'd keep it on the lighter side so it's easier to see. 30% rear and 50% front.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Complete led conversion