2004 - 2008 F-150

P0345 and P0349

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0345 and P0349

Hey guys, I was having issues with my truck so I took it to my mechanic. It had a rough idle and was hesitating during acceleration. He told me that it was my spark plugs. He changed them and the truck ran the same. After a day or so, the check engine light came on, so I bought it back to him. He said it was the Camshaft Position Sensor and he replaced them. It ran a little better but the light was still on. Instead of keep on guessing, I bought it to the dealership. They did a diagnostic test and said it was the computer and it need to be replaced for $1500. When I picked the truck up, he told me it was the wire harness. I told him that I would have to do it at a later date. I drove my truck for a few weeks and was going to change my oil when I noticed that the dealership did not reconnect the sensor. So I think it's the connection from the sensor to the computer. Is there a way to connect the sensor straight to the computer? What kind of damage am I doing, continuing driving the truck? I'm thinking about brining it back to the dealership where I purchased it from to get a second opinion. It's a 2007 Lariat Trition with 111,000 miles on it. Not sure what to do next.....

Old 02-10-2014, 01:44 AM
Take it to another shop and have them scan it and see what they say... Are the codes you listed the only codes it has right now? I haven't seen a lot of computer problems with these trucks

Old 02-16-2014, 01:01 PM
I am having similar thing happing to me. My 05 started running rough and kicked on the check engine light. I replaced the plugs and it continues to do the samething. If I hit the gas and then let off of it, the whole right side sounds like lifter noise. I couldn't get my tuner to pull codes so I took it to the auto parts store and they pulled them for me. It gave me quite a few and one of the things the guy mentioned was that it listed the computer having an issue. Is there a way to tell for sure that it is the computer? I don't want to replace it and my truck to still run the same. I don't a blank check to just take it to a shop and have them fix everything at once. I would like to fix what I can before I have to do that. Thanks in advance.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:24 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Please post the exact numeric codes.

Old 02-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Hey glc,
I know if your message was for me or Yaboy but I thought I would post the codes just incase it was for me. Here is a post I post on another forum describing what is going on plus the codes:

I am having the same problems with my 2005 with 116,XXX miles one it. It started before I replaced the plugs so I figured that it was that. I replaced them and it has seemed to have gotten worse. No matter the speed or gear, it starts bucking at around 2000 rpm and the check engine light starts flashing. If i get it below or above that range is smoothes out and the CE light goes to steady on. Sometimes it will just start losing power even on flat surface no matter if i have the CC on or not. It is worse when I am coming to work because there is a pretty good steady climb on the way. I will have the CC set and as soon as it hits that hill it starts bucking and slowing down like I have hit the brake to come to a stop. I put my tuner to it and it keeps telling me that there are not DTC's but the CE light is on. I took it to Auto Zone to see if they could get codes from it and this is what they got:

P0022 x2
P0174
P0300
P0305
P0308 x3
P0316
P1000
P1635
The guy there told me that I might just need to have a tune up which would be nice if it is just that simple.

Old 02-16-2014, 03:40 PM
glc
What you just posted looked familiar - so I searched out your posts. You have now posted this in 2 threads, neither of which are YOUR threads.

The best way to get help for your specific problem is to start YOUR OWN thread. Neither of these 2 threads have the exact same symptoms and codes.

Not trying to bag on you, but there's the right way and the wrong way to get good help. It's great that you have found these 2 threads with search, but please don't crap on them.

Old 06-02-2014, 04:49 PM
Update

I finally took my truck in for a second opinion. They told me that I have sludge in my engine and that is is covering the phaser and other internal parts that is causing the codes. They did not want to try to flush the engine saying it may cause damage to the engine so they said I need a new engine........... I will look to see the removing sludge from engine options. Thanks.

Old 06-02-2014, 05:03 PM
glc
The only safe flush is AutoRX.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:58 PM
k_h
good luck! I have those codes after changing my driverside camphaser. I have no driveablitiy issues though.. idles fine, runs fine... so I'm not sure if my driverside might be a tooth off but truck runs fine. Changed out camphaser solenoid, crankshaft solenoid, VCT solenoids are fairly new...

Short of taking it to a ford dealer and paying them to do live diagnostics on it to see if that camphaser is off.. i don't know what else to do...

Quick Reply: P0345 and P0349