2004 - 2008 F-150

replace passenger lower ball joint...now noise from drivers side??

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wasnt sure what was causing the noise so I went trouble shooting today. I ultimately decided to they replacing the sway bar end link because its a fairly quick and easy job. As I was dealing with that (and it turned out to be a big PAIN IN THE A#$) I discovered the upper ball joint was bad. This will.probably be the source of my noise. I'm still learning so its kind of a slow process!!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:22 PM
So I replaced both upper control arms and both sway bar end links. I still have the noise. Its definitely drivers front. Its kind of a grind and only happens while moving fairly slow and turning the wheel to the left. Any other thoughts???

Old 06-12-2013, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by BlueLineFX4
So I replaced both upper control arms and both sway bar end links. I still have the noise. Its definitely drivers front. Its kind of a grind and only happens while moving fairly slow and turning the wheel to the left. Any other thoughts???
It could be a CV axle...They tend to make a popping noise but that could be your problem. Do you notice any play in the front when hitting bumps in the road or turning?

Old 06-12-2013, 08:09 PM
No play that I notice. I did replace the passenger side CV axle when in did that ball joint. Is there any way to check and see if that's the problem?

Quick Reply: replace passenger lower ball joint...now noise from drivers side??