2004 - 2008 F-150

04-08 Part interchangibility

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04-08 Part interchangibility

I have been reading the owners manual for my 06 and got to thinking...are these trucks pre-wired for all the power options or is each truck different. Like if i wanted to add for example, power adjusting pedals (not that i do, just sayin) is the truck set up for it or does it need to be wired in/new fuse panel needed? Or heated mirrors? Obviously i would need the actual part(s) for a swap.

Also, for the heated mirrors i would need to change the piece that has the controls for the A/C n all, is the harness n plug there for the heated mirrors or rear defroster? Just wondering.

Old 02-25-2012, 03:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wiring on these trucks is screwy, sometimes. While doing my Flow Thru console, I found out that a wiring harness that I needed MIGHT not be in my SuperCab STX...and not because it was an STX. Instead, many SuperCab/Crew trucks, in which the FTC is an option, were not wired to put in a floor shifter, while many Regular cab trucks, where that was not an offered option, were.

So my best advice to you is to read, read, read on here before you attempt any project that might include wiring...you'll more often than not save yourself quite a few headaches.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Hmm ok, i figured as much.

Now what about something like the overhead console on rails that i seen. Would that easily swap over?

Old 02-27-2012, 10:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my truck has the wring for adjustable pedals i know that, i tried to install a switch there in the stock switch location thats plugged and it has the plug and harness inside the dash

Old 02-28-2012, 10:59 AM
so i guess its safe to say, wont know till ya look! Dern Ferd, why couldnt they make things universal.

Quick Reply: 04-08 Part interchangibility