Old 03-25-2012, 07:40 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
The wheels don't fit the look anymore tho
This! i agree as well, looks real good. HD valance would make it all the better

Old 03-25-2012, 08:26 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
^^

The Novicanes are nice, I'd have to see them on there. Just not all black, needs some bright accents on the wheels imo

Old 03-25-2012, 08:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pylda
Everything is coming along great Darren!

I see you're rocking the black front and chrome rear bumper setup like me. Ha. I really need to find a black bumper.
Yeah man! I love them. Same here, I am in plans with a member to trade my chrome for his painted but it had been bumped up to April.

Originally Posted by fine_style150
This! i agree as well, looks real good. HD valance would make it all the better
Well I am not trying to bite the full Harley Davidson style completely, just trying for a aggressive 4x4 Harley look with a little of the Lariat "freshness". I tell you though, the thought of the HD valance still ponders.... Hmm.

Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
^^

The Novicanes are nice, I'd have to see them on there. Just not all black, needs some bright accents on the wheels imo
The novakanes have a machined look in the spokes and lug area with a gloss looking front. Real sharp, but way expensive. I may consider my original wheel choice for this truck, the XD Spy in a -12 offset for a meaner stance and a 34" trail grap.

Old 03-26-2012, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think the wheels you have would be fine.....IF you could get them painted gloss black. with all the other gloss black you have on the truck, to me, its the flat black finish of the wheels that doesnt look right, not the style. can you gloss them up? thats what i liked about my XD Hoss 20s was the gloss black finish vs the flat black i see on a lot of other wheels.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:09 AM

Hey John ever notice how we have the same perceptions when it comes to giving opinions?

Darren if your truck was mine, i'd bite the HD Look with minimal chrome accents as you have been doing, BUT with the HD valance and nice meats you will need to cut into it, something i didn't want to do (price tag and OEM part ) but now i live with it, since its minimal for the drastic looks i gave my truck, just something to think about,

Another option would be to sand and get the lower valance painted gloss black and have it match the bumper, i'm thinking glossy krylon nothing too crazy

Old 03-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Wow truck looks great! Where did you get the bumper and HD grill from?

Old 03-26-2012, 03:57 PM

Hey John ever notice how we have the same perceptions when it comes to giving opinions?

Darren if your truck was mine, i'd bite the HD Look with minimal chrome accents as you have been doing, BUT with the HD valance and nice meats you will need to cut into it, something i didn't want to do (price tag and OEM part ) but now i live with it, since its minimal for the drastic looks i gave my truck, just something to think about,

Another option would be to sand and get the lower valance painted gloss black and have it match the bumper, i'm thinking glossy krylon nothing too crazy
I have considered PTM the valance to get it nice and glossy too. I don't know, would have to think a bit on that one. I broke the one on my old truck twice so

Originally Posted by MikeyDubs
Wow truck looks great! Where did you get the bumper and HD grill from?
Thanks. I bought the bumper in feb 2011 from a guy. We met up, $150 and it was mine. Ordered the grill from TascaParts and it was $578

Old 03-26-2012, 07:46 PM
Drdudsads
Truck is looking damn good Darren! I say 2/4 drop on 22's =) jk.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:42 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

I was thinking the same thing! Except your going up in height with yours and I'm going down

Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 AM

yessir

Old 03-27-2012, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Racer
Truck is looking damn good Darren! I say 2/4 drop on 22's =) jk.
Thanks!

Eh, I say 8" Rize and 37s on 22s

Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Drdudsads
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Thanks!

Eh, I say 8" Rize and 37s on 22s
By May 13th. 2012 I expect pictures of the truck rocking that setup!

Old 03-27-2012, 11:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Food for thought, ignore the chrome caps, but i put the 20" expedition wheels on it, and chopped a custom lower two bar harley grill

Then again im partial to those wheels, since i think its a newer version of my wheels in 6 spoke

Old 03-28-2012, 03:29 PM

Just catching back up on this thread since you added the HD grille and black front bumper. Truck looks good!

FYI below is what I came up with for a HD lower grille. It is the bottom of a grille off of a 2010 Explorer. The shape was nearly a perfect fit although it would be better with two bars I think? I picked the grille up off of ebay for about $60 best I remember. I might could have used the upper portion to make something better but this was such an easy fit I never got around to it.

Last edited by ab46501; 03-28-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Desert Racer
By May 13th. 2012 I expect pictures of the truck rocking that setup!
Send me $4000 and I will . Might even cost more than that? including re-gearing 4.56s.

Originally Posted by Patman
Food for thought, ignore the chrome caps, but i put the 20" expedition wheels on it, and chopped a custom lower two bar harley grill

Then again im partial to those wheels, since i think its a newer version of my wheels in 6 spoke
Not too bad looking! The thought of a bumper grill doesn't seem too bad either.

Originally Posted by ab46501
Just catching back up on this thread since you added the HD grille and black front bumper. Truck looks good!

FYI below is what I came up with for a HD lower grille. It is the bottom of a grille off of a 2010 Explorer. The shape was nearly a perfect fit although it would be better with two bars I think? I picked the grille up off of ebay for about $60 best I remember. I might could have used the upper portion to make something better but this was such an easy fit I never got around to it.
Dang that does look pretty good! Very nice work. A 2 bar on your bumper might pull off well, but if the fitment works then I would leave it.

Quick Reply: DarrenWS6's 2007 Lariat Supercrew