2004 - 2008 F-150

Best way to Wire Puddle Lamps on my new Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2011, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to Wire Puddle Lamps on my new Tow Mirrors

I have an 04 F150 XLT which didn't come with the Puddle Lamp wiring but it did come with Turn Signals and Heated Mirrors if that helps.

I spent the last week reading ways to wire my Tow mirrors but didn't bump into an actual write up of the best way to wire them. I want to make sure I do them right so that they work.

If anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by edgespeeder06; 11-10-2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 07:55 PM
anyone? hoping to install them tomorrow

Old 11-20-2011, 05:09 PM
bump

Old 11-20-2011, 05:41 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Don't you have to wire that into the Dome light circuit?

Old 11-20-2011, 07:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subscribing, i wish i could put led puddle lamps in my oem mirror

Old 11-20-2011, 08:02 PM

IF yours is a 06, everything will hook up and work I think. get on google and type in " telescoping mirrors + F150online" there is a large thread that tells you what pins to move if something isnt working. Or you can contact Tasca and they can tell you how

Old 11-20-2011, 08:17 PM
thanks! It's an 04....wiring it to the dome lights sounds like what I have to do and is this the thread?

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...g-problem.html

I found several but none have pictures so I'm alittle worried about starting to cut stuff and not getting it right.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:34 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you use a voltmeter? Just make sure that you find the right wires to your dome lights and splice them into your puddle lamps. That's what I had to do on my 2007 XLT, same thing with the heat and turn signals

Old 11-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you get the puddle lamps wired up? if not, i do know you must switch two wires (#9 goes to #8 and #2 goes to #11 slot. THIS MUST BE DONE ON BOTH DOORS!!!! the wire that you just moved to #11 slot gets cut, cover the wire thats on the factory harness. #11 slot has the pigtail, connect and extension to that, run through the door into the cab area via factory wiring harness. on the drivers side lower kick panel, there is a small piece that kinda goes around the hood latch, remove that and then remove the kick panel. you'll see a BIG wire connector (has about 30 or so wires in it). look on the left side of the connector, about the 4th wire down, a black wire with a light blue stripe, this is the wire you're looking for. splice off of this and connect it to the pigtail on the mirrors. your puddle lamps should work. i had pics of all of this from someone on this site, my pc crashed and i lost them, (in case whomever posted the pics), they were wearing green rubber gloves and the pics were awesome. (can you possibly repost, LOL) if you can't get it going, let me know, i may be able to find an old email where i had sent it out to other members here. fx4hoss@hotmail.com

Old 11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^ if he has the wires in his door harness... being an 04 XLT there is a good chance he doesn't have any of the wires except the ones for power adjust. My 07 XLT didn't....

Old 11-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Thats for that write up, that will definitely help and to make sure I'm moving the wires on the truck's half of the harness not the mirror correct?

as far as the wiring. I do have heated mirrors and turn signals so there's a possibly I may have that wire in the kickplate (which would make it much easier on me.) If anyone has pictures of what exactly I should do that would be best, if not I'll take some as I do mine and mock up a write-up

Old 11-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by 03GT04FX4
did you get the puddle lamps wired up? if not, i do know you must switch two wires (#9 goes to #8 and #2 goes to #11 slot. THIS MUST BE DONE ON BOTH DOORS!!!! the wire that you just moved to #11 slot gets cut, cover the wire thats on the factory harness. #11 slot has the pigtail, connect and extension to that, run through the door into the cab area via factory wiring harness. on the drivers side lower kick panel, there is a small piece that kinda goes around the hood latch, remove that and then remove the kick panel. you'll see a BIG wire connector (has about 30 or so wires in it). look on the left side of the connector, about the 4th wire down, a black wire with a light blue stripe, this is the wire you're looking for. splice off of this and connect it to the pigtail on the mirrors. your puddle lamps should work. i had pics of all of this from someone on this site, my pc crashed and i lost them, (in case whomever posted the pics), they were wearing green rubber gloves and the pics were awesome. (can you possibly repost, LOL) if you can't get it going, let me know, i may be able to find an old email where i had sent it out to other members here. fx4hoss@hotmail.com
I still have the email that you sent to me in Jan of this year when I installed my new mirrors. I will sent it back to you so you can share it with others. I would have never got the puddle lamps to work with out it!

Old 11-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Originally Posted by edgespeeder06
Thats for that write up, that will definitely help and to make sure I'm moving the wires on the truck's half of the harness not the mirror correct?

as far as the wiring. I do have heated mirrors and turn signals so there's a possibly I may have that wire in the kickplate (which would make it much easier on me.) If anyone has pictures of what exactly I should do that would be best, if not I'll take some as I do mine and mock up a write-up
I forwarded the email that 03GT04FX4 sent to me in Jan of this year back to him. It has those photos in it that he mentioned. Send me a PM with your email address and I can forward it on to you also.

03GT04FX4 was a lifesaver! I found the wires in the sill plate that were mentioned in all the write-ups, but never could get power out of them. I tapped into the wire that 03GT04FX4's pictures were showing and the puddles lights work like a charm!!!

Old 11-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 03GT04FX4
...<snip>... i had pics of all of this from someone on this site, my pc crashed and i lost them, (in case whomever posted the pics), they were wearing green rubber gloves and the pics were awesome. (can you possibly repost, LOL) ...<snip>...
Day late, and a dollar short, but for the next member that does the search, that thread is in the technical articles / How to forum

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...t-circuit.html

Old 11-16-2020, 12:38 PM
Puddle light wiring can you send me the email with the information on it thanks

Originally Posted by Neil
I forwarded the email that 03GT04FX4 sent to me in Jan of this year back to him. It has those photos in it that he mentioned. Send me a PM with your email address and I can forward it on to you also.

03GT04FX4 was a lifesaver! I found the wires in the sill plate that were mentioned in all the write-ups, but never could get power out of them. I tapped into the wire that 03GT04FX4's pictures were showing and the puddles lights work like a charm!!!
Can you send me the email with the information also thanks

Quick Reply: Best way to Wire Puddle Lamps on my new Tow Mirrors