Old 03-27-2013, 07:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Lifted5.4Lariat
Awesome build man, turned out AMAZING.
Thanks dude!

Old 03-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Vette454
Whassup Travis MCNEIL , Im sure your parts have lexus lines too eh?
My last name is not Mcneil!

I'm not going to claim Lexus body lines, but we do the best we can to get it as close to factory as possible. We had a very discerning customer behind this project. We make the fiberglass for the Ram Runners, so I guess you could say we have Dodge body lines.

Name:  IMG_8971_zpsd00d6cce.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  85.6 KB

Old 03-27-2013, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by Fiberwerx
My last name is not Mcneil!

I'm not going to claim Lexus body lines, but we do the best we can to get it as close to factory as possible. We had a very discerning customer behind this project. We make the fiberglass for the Ram Runners, so I guess you could say we have Dodge body lines.
My bad bro , I guess you must just work for the mcneils then Since FiberWerx is owned by Jason McNeil , I assumed you must be kin....

I wish the parts I got from McNeil fit like the pictures you show.... Is that a factory raptor hood?

Last edited by Vette454; 03-27-2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:23 PM

Took me a couple days but I finally read through the entire thing! Cop theme looks awesome and you have more patience than I could dream of. I wouldn't waste my time even responding. Granted McNeil Racing and Fiberwerx are "different" companies, but McNeil's lying and treatment of you sealed up what I, and I'm sure many others, think of them and there is no undoing it. I could care less about the quality of their items. Truck is simply amazing though!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
Took me a couple days but I finally read through the entire thing! Cop theme looks awesome and you have more patience than I could dream of. I wouldn't waste my time even responding. Granted McNeil Racing and Fiberwerx are "different" companies, but McNeil's lying and treatment of you sealed up what I, and I'm sure many others, think of them and there is no undoing it. I could care less about the quality of their items. Truck is simply amazing though!
Thanks Dude~! Yeah they're a bunch of clowns no doubt, and crappy parts for a great price are still crappy parts. I could have spent weeks making their stuff work but it will never fit or function like factory. Id be willing to bet that the hood on the truck he pictured is a factory raptor hood and not a McNeil piece of junk , you cant use hood shocks, mount the factory grille or use the factory hood catch with the Mcneil hood. I wiLL NEVER buy anything from any of their companies!

Last edited by Vette454; 03-29-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:04 PM

No problem! Maybe it's because I'm old fashioned (especially for my age) but I'd never put my name behind a product that was that poor. It's the same how you couldn't even bring yourself to sell them to someone, I couldn't either! And blatantly lying over and over, caught red handed multiple times, and you're still shameless enough to KEEP lying? That's so unprofessional and disappointing. Any company wanting to sell products, especially when they're such a great idea on paper, has got to test their stuff out! They used you as a guinea pig haha. But you did a great service by going through all the pain for everyone else who could've gotten sucked into their trap. They scammed you as far as I'm concerned. But you got it all worked out in the end and ended up with a finished product that you're happy with, and that's what's important!

Old 03-28-2013, 11:13 PM

And I'm sure that a good 'ole test drive would reveal if that's a factory hood or not. Since there's no hood pins, it'd fly off or snap if it was a McNeil product! Haha what a joke. These guys try to back up their image by posting on your thread and it just comes off as pathetic. And McNeil is so desperate for images of examples of their products that they've got to use yours? Go try out your own product you clowns! You have a great idea and a huge client base that would buy a quality product in droves, produce it!

Old 03-29-2013, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
And I'm sure that a good 'ole test drive would reveal if that's a factory hood or not. Since there's no hood pins, it'd fly off or snap if it was a McNeil product! Haha what a joke. These guys try to back up their image by posting on your thread and it just comes off as pathetic. And McNeil is so desperate for images of examples of their products that they've got to use yours? Go try out your own product you clowns! You have a great idea and a huge client base that would buy a quality product in droves, produce it!
Lol , yeah I couldnt agree more. I would have been one of McNeils best clients if they offered what they advertised , hell I would have been shooting to try and become a dealer for them if possible , since the reason I bought this truck was purely to do this conversion! However it went horribly the other way! Posting pics of a completed truck means nothing , any good body guy could spend weeks making the parts fit and look great (Bondo works wonders in the right hands.....). I want a quality part that fits great and requires minimal prep work to be ready for paint. I have bought a few cervinis hoods (aftermarket fibreglass) and the fit and finish is almost as good as factory , you can use hood shocks and factory latch and it doesnt flap in the wind when you get up to highway speeds.

I have gotten so many calls and emails from people that are pissed off with McNeils and had similar experiences. Hell Ken (powercell) has had quite a ride with them! After countless weeks of struggling with them and them shipping him crappy parts he actually ended up driving his truck to Mexico and leaving it at their shop down there for them to make his 6.5ft raptor bedsides work and after all that he is now actually paying someone else locally to make some custom ones. Theres another guy on Raptorforumz.com that did a widebody nissan truck and he had nothing but bad words about them too , he went on and on.

McNeil should have stuck with their KFC bussiness , hard to screw up chicken! Just saying...

Last edited by Vette454; 03-29-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:01 PM
The hood in the picture is our fiberglass replica of an oem hood. Please do not get Fiberwerx and Mcneil Racing mixed up, 2 different companies, completely different molds, we do not collaborate on ANYTHING!!!!

Old 03-29-2013, 09:21 PM

I don't have a ton of knowledge concerning body work, but how difficult would it be to produce steel body panels modeled after factory ones? I know it would be more expensive, but I feel they'd have the potential to be much more rigid. Fiberglass hoods I have seen work out fine, but they are a relatively small, flat, and simple shape when compared to Raptor bedsides. But Powercell must have desperately wanted some bedsides! My gosh, leaving your truck with a company like that, in Mexico of all places?!

It's just sad that a small company out on a good opportunity for business with you, and others. People will understand learning curves, long wait times, and other things. But only when you convey to them that your business is important and they are straight up and honest with you, as you've stated.

And Fiberworx, that may be true. And if it is, great. But our natural tendency, given that men from the McNeil family run each business, along with other ties that appear to be present, is to assume that they two companies collaborate. But if not, awesome!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 PM
Also given my past experience with the McNeil family you can understand my scepticism sp? . Just take a read through this thread from front to back and see how I was screwed around by the fam... Especially for you to jump on here givin yourself props by saying youre "stirring the pot"......This , after all, is a "My 06 Screw Project" thread, not a "Check out my Raptor Parts thread"

However , good luck with your endeavors in the aftermarket raptor parts world , me for myself will say without a doubt , u pay peanuts...u get monkeys.....

Old 03-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Since the thread swerved off track heres a repost

A little perspective

Before

After (completed with Factory Raptor Parts!)

Last edited by Vette454; 03-29-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:06 PM
Did you sell your old raptor fiberglass?

Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by WARgcm
Did you sell your old raptor fiberglass?
Yeah a guy from Virginia came and picked it all up.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody in the common public is ever going to be able to tell thats not a factory Raptor.

Quick Reply: My 06 Screw project