2004 - 2008 F-150

truck almost stolen

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 08:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck almost stolen

Me and the family was at my parents enjoying this beautiful day swimming and cooking out. I left my truck parked out front with the windows down, key in the ignition, we was inside eating and my wife said she was about to go outside to get something. She opened the door and stepped out and she hollered at me saying did I leave my truck door open, flashers on and radio on I said no and ran outside, whoever got in my truck turned my key on, turned my flashers on, opened my passenger side sunvisor, my wheel lock key laying on the ground, so I don't know if my wife scared them off when she opened the house door or what I was pissed I grew up in that house and subdivision my parents have lived there 22 years and never had any trouble. Heck sitting right in front of my truck was my show truck covered up LOL. We live in a small town so everyone knows my truck and where I live so ill be ready tonight if they decide to come back so they better hope they don't come back cause they will meet their maker!

Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
windows down, key in the ignition,

Old 06-13-2010, 09:05 PM
x2 even in bufu, i lock it up.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:17 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
yea it never hurts to be safe than sorry

Old 06-13-2010, 09:19 PM
I've never had any thoughts about anyone stealing anything there has been numerous time I left my keys in the ignition over night doors unlocked. Wont leave it unlocked and keys in there again though

Old 06-13-2010, 09:34 PM

Windows down, keys in the ignition.......

Sounds like you want it stolen

Old 06-13-2010, 09:48 PM
I take reports almost every month of idiots leaving keys in the ignition, dash, or under the seat, What the hell were you thinking....you got lucky

Old 06-13-2010, 09:49 PM
turned my key on, turned my flashers on
You said everyone knows your truck, do you think someone was just playing a trick on you? If someone wanted to take your truck why would they turn the flashers on? Does not make sense to me....

Old 06-13-2010, 09:51 PM
No not really I enjoy my truck. Just never had any issues in the neighborhood the last time anyone's house was ever broken into was 25 years ago. I guess there is a first time for anything.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:00 PM
I really don't know I was thinking the same thing but whoever it was turned my headlight switch to automatic which I never turn it to passenger sunvisor was down with the mirror opened, i had my wheel lock key was in my cup holder and it was on the ground on the passenger side, key on, radio on, some reason the flashers was on, and my air condition was turned on full blast I had it off because on my way to my parents I had the windows down. Who knows but it will be locked for now on!

Old 06-13-2010, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by bankrpt
I really don't know I was thinking the same thing but whoever it was turned my headlight switch to automatic which I never turn it to passenger sunvisor was down with the mirror opened, i had my wheel lock key was in my cup holder and it was on the ground on the passenger side, key on, radio on, some reason the flashers was on, and my air condition was turned on full blast I had it off because on my way to my parents I had the windows down. Who knows but it will be locked for now on!
Either a thief wanted some creature comforts while digging through your truck looking for something to steal or someone indeed played a joke on you. But as you said keep it locked from here on out, better safe than sorry.

Last edited by mdhawkin; 06-13-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:12 PM
I have accidently left my tuck unlocked in our subdivision. Kids have gotten into twice. It has been a problem around here. The local kids are all idiots and they have nothing to do. There only option is to get into trouble. I lock mine everynight now. It's a damn shame that a persons things can't be respected enough. Local cops say that kids will hit different neighborhoods on different nights around here.

Always lock it man.

Old 06-13-2010, 10:29 PM
Its sitting in my driveway locked up now!

Old 06-13-2010, 11:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bankrpt
Judging from what you said Im gonna go with someone is playin a joke on you. We do this kinda stuff to buddies trucks all the time.

Old 06-13-2010, 11:34 PM
sounds like a joke to me. we do this stuff to our friends trucks at school if we ever see them around campus. normally its just wipers being popped up and mirrors folded in. i can only imagine the fun we could have if someone left the windows down with the keys in...

Quick Reply: truck almost stolen