2004 - 2008 F-150

Making a Newbie post... N/A Mods for 5.4 3v

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 12:19 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Then that would probably be fine. And out the back as much as it pains me to say (I love 45'd) that would prolly be the way to go so the sound is at the back of the truck. Also I'm sure you know, but x pipe/ or h w/e you want as close to the factory y was and then the mufflers as close to the axle as possible to minimize the drone.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
Then that would probably be fine. And out the back as much as it pains me to say (I love 45'd) that would prolly be the way to go so the sound is at the back of the truck.
Well honestly 45 is probably the setup I would go for. Going out the back has a chance of crushing the tail pipes if we ever go offroad(ditches).

I always just don't run tail pipes and dump, but that doesn't help droaning at all.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Yeah exactly. And those vids are of the 22" and you want the 24" so you might be all set with the loudness. I want to do headers on my truck when I graduate from college. To bad I'm only a damn freshman

Old 02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Yeah I know the stock is restrictive. I just basically won't no noise in the cab(the least as possible anyway). are those 22" maggies pretty quite?

I'll probably just run 2.5 anyway...If my Vortech doesn't sell I might just slap it on his truck.
Somewhat new to the forum here but have had my truck for awhile. If you are looking for a quiet exhaust check out Corsa. I have the sport version and it is fairly quiet. At idle it sounds like my wife's grand cherokee v8. You can tell its there when you stomp on it but there is no drone what so ever in the cab. I drive 300 mile plus trips often and the exhaust has never been annoying. I believe they also have a touring version that is even quieter. They can be expensive but I got mine for less than 350$. Just have to be patient and search out the deals.

My 02$

Kev

Old 02-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
Hmmm.... I wonder if that would help my truck.

Running just the Resonators cruising 75-80mph it gets a little loud in my truck.
yeah i hear ya, i was running my longtubes with hi flow maggies for a while, was loud but i loved it, untill i drove to cali, put my muffler on for that...but its just a straight through 3x14" magnaflow dumped under the cab, the drone was bad but i sound deadened the back wall and it helped a ton, actually made my truck sound better inside the cab, i was about to change mufflers but then did that and it sounds totally different

Old 02-12-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
yeah i hear ya, i was running my longtubes with hi flow maggies for a while, was loud but i loved it, untill i drove to cali, put my muffler on for that...but its just a straight through 3x14" magnaflow dumped under the cab, the drone was bad but i sound deadened the back wall and it helped a ton, actually made my truck sound better inside the cab, i was about to change mufflers but then did that and it sounds totally different
Is there a preferred brand of deadener now days?

Old 02-12-2010, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You'll get a ton of different responses there. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

I will say, though, that deadening is quite a job. If you're going to do it you may as well do everything. By that I mean the back wall, floor, roof, and doors. That will make a huge difference with decreasing interior noise. It will greatly reduce road noise, wind noise, exhaust noise, and any other random rattles or vibrations that are going on.

If you want to take the time and money to do it, do it right the first time.

Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally Posted by mblouir
You'll get a ton of different responses there. It all depends on how much you're willing to spend.

I will say, though, that deadening is quite a job. If you're going to do it you may as well do everything. By that I mean the back wall, floor, roof, and doors. That will make a huge difference with decreasing interior noise. It will greatly reduce road noise, wind noise, exhaust noise, and any other random rattles or vibrations that are going on.

If you want to take the time and money to do it, do it right the first time.
That's to much weight....

Old 02-12-2010, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All the more reason to add a little more power.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mblouir
All the more reason to add a little more power.
Yeah, there's a guy that's been trying to sell his Vortech in the classifieds for like a year now. He'd probably sell it cheap.

I used Dampifier Pro in mine for sound deadening. The stuff is pretty thick and not as heavy as other materials of comparable thickness. Plus it doesn't smell.

Old 02-12-2010, 02:11 PM
Originally Posted by Windsor
Yeah, there's a guy that's been trying to sell his Vortech in the classifieds for like a year now. He'd probably sell it cheap.

I used Dampifier Pro in mine for sound deadening. The stuff is pretty thick and not as heavy as other materials of comparable thickness. Plus it doesn't smell.
Yeah ill let it go pretty cheap now... not $1500 though like some have tried...

Quick Reply: Making a Newbie post... N/A Mods for 5.4 3v