2004 - 2008 F-150

04 - 08 interior dome LEDs complete

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I did use the flanks for the maps, did you use something different? Jaws used em and I'm happy with them even if they're wrong haha. And the license plate ones are straight-forward cause I don't think they had 5k flanks that were tiny enough.
Those $14.99 flanks fit in the plate housings apparently. A few folks have used them, hope to be one of them in the future. Someone in the past used flank for maps and loved them too. I am running your average 360 style LED.

I may get some from superbright then! Cause I do have the same fear with that and I don't have the patience to track down electrical gremlins I can't even see. Yours look super blue in that first pic! Both of those pics look really, really cool though for some reason.
Thanks, the photos were from an SLR quality camera with a very slow shutter speed for awesome night time photos. The bulbs didn't glow the radiant blue as brightly, but it was pretty close. I love photography.

Do the Shaker 500 and 1000 just plug right in? My dad has the 500 in his Mustang and it's much better than mine was. But then again I think mine was messed up because the radio reception got horrible when I went anywhere near Houston and it got real muddy and crackly above 3/8 volume but was perfectly clear below that. I thought the volume part was the speakers, but the new radio made them sound so good that I almost sent my new speakers back!
Apparently '05/'06 Shakers from Mustangs fit '05/'06 F-150s just fine, '07+ is different, similar to mirrors. I guess Ford did a bunch of fixed up technology to the 2007+ Fords. The '07/'09 Shaker will fit an '07/'08 F150 with little issues if any.

Is the bottom pic your 04 or the 07? I may put a bed rug BACK in, on top of my new spray-in way down the road, so I'm wondering if that's the 07. It's pretty dang dented up though!
That sure be my '04, I actually used, and mildly abused, that truck!

Name:  DSC02754.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  247.0 KB

Name:  DSC04333.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  151.3 KB

Name:  DSC04351.jpg
Views: 75
Size:  174.4 KB

Old 01-15-2014, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Huh, I took a look at the stock license plate bulbs and with how super tiny those are, I didn't want to risk it and opted for baby ones. Someone in an old thread I read also stated that it isn't necessarily a good thing to have your plate lit up super brightly, and that was actually a big deciding factor in getting less-bright ones!

That's pretty interesting with all of that radio stuff.

Coincidentally, my bed was absolute pristine until the New Years party when I threw a bunch of firewood in the back and dented it in 4 or so places. It would've been fine if I hadn't had my tailgate removed to paint it, which meant my tailgate was stuck up haha. But it certainly looks like you did use that one! Have you even done anything like that with the 07?

Old 01-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
But it certainly looks like you did use that one! Have you even done anything like that with the 07?
I think this is the most dirty my 2007 ever has been.

Name:  2013-01-14_13-30-19_469.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  93.0 KB

And that was from a rain storm and a dirty highway . Never slung mud with it and never will.

Old 01-17-2014, 06:07 PM

And that's way dirtier than mine has ever been! Mine just doesn't get bathed as often as it should, the owner is such a slacker . . .

Old 01-18-2014, 11:58 AM
I want to replace my interior bulbs, but am overwhelmed with info after reading through many of these posts. Could someone set me up with what I need (part #'s and quantities) for my '04 Supercrew Lariat please? Just want to replace the dome and maps lights. Much appreciated.

Old 01-18-2014, 12:44 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by offshores
I want to replace my interior bulbs, but am overwhelmed with info after reading through many of these posts. Could someone set me up with what I need (part #'s and quantities) for my '04 Supercrew Lariat please? Just want to replace the dome and maps lights. Much appreciated.
Hi.

Seriously? Overwhelmed by three bulbs?

Front maps: 194 ( need 2 )
Rear dome: 6418 festoon 45 mm long ( need 1 )

The Emporer's thread (this one yer in) really IS factual and complete - if you spend some time re-reading it the balance of what you need to know will become evident, I'm sure.

There even be some vidyas on YouBoobToob ta hep yall:

Example:

Poke around yonder some - fer sure yall find one fer yer specific truck (railsystem / sunroof/etc)

Sources:

vleds.com

Superbrightleds.com

Pick the color you want ( warm white = 5000K; cool white = 6000K ). Or, if you have rice-like tendencies, the sky's the limit - blue, green, purple, red... all useless of course, but ricers don't fret about something as mundane as usability - it's all aboot "look at ME, I am Awesome, eh?"

Good luck - you can do it!

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-18-2014 at 01:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
Hi.

Seriously? Overwhelmed by three bulbs?
Thanks for the info. Not so much overwhelmed over 3 bulbs as I was over 57 pages of dead links and a bunch of options with hyperlinked part #’s that are no longer available. Those things happen in threads that are 3 years old. That became a bit of a time waster. If you ask, you shall receive is what momma always told me. Smart woman, my mom!!!
Thanks again!!!

Old 01-18-2014, 01:27 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks for the info. Not so much overwhelmed over 3 bulbs as I was over 57 pages of dead links and a bunch of options with hyperlinked part #’s that are no longer available. Those things happen in threads that are 3 years old. That became a bit of a time waster. If you ask, you shall receive is what momma always told me. Smart woman, my mom!!!
Thanks again!!!
Roger that! Yer right, of course.

Let us know if you hit any snags - fer example the difference between a 'flank' bulb and standard. The choices are a tad excessive - dang free-market capitalist society

MGD

Old 01-18-2014, 03:14 PM

Thanks again!!!
The part numbers and links I listed on the page before this (a few days ago) worked perfectly for me and they're almost too bright. The links are still active and working too haha.

I also felt confused with the 20 different options for each bulb. The ones Jaws listed should work too. I got a different 6418 dome because the one he listed wasn't in 5k, but the one I got was perfect because its length is adjustable.

Old 01-19-2014, 11:24 AM
The part numbers and links I listed on the page before this (a few days ago) worked perfectly for me and they're almost too bright. The links are still active and working too haha.

I also felt confused with the 20 different options for each bulb. The ones Jaws listed should work too. I got a different 6418 dome because the one he listed wasn't in 5k, but the one I got was perfect because its length is adjustable.
KMAC,
Perfect! I just ordered the 6K’s from the part #’s jaws12 posted up.
Thank you

Old 01-19-2014, 04:17 PM

KMAC,
Perfect! I just ordered the 6K’s from the part #’s jaws12 posted up.
Thank you
No problem, that makes 2 of us that Jaws was a useful guinea pig for!

Old 01-23-2014, 11:39 PM
Looking for another LEaD on bulbs for my cargo light. Got my 4 map bulbs in the mail today and just stuck em in. Wow, big difference! Dome light is back ordered and not sure when that will get to me. Anyways, decided I want to do the cargo, but that's too expensive and not available from Vleds at the moment. Checked superbrightleds.com and curious what would be a decent match from them for my cargo. Again, many choices and looking to somewhat match what I just got.
Much appreciated

Old 01-24-2014, 04:55 AM

^interested to see what you get, or what others suggest. I'll be getting some 5Ks from superbright soon. I haven't looked for the $19 ones Darren suggested yet.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:14 AM
I’m thinking about going with 4 of the WLED-WHP6 bulbs ($7.95 each). They are recommended for both license plate and cargo. Only thing now is not sure if the plates will be too bright and the cargo too dim??? Hopefully someone will come along shortly and advise what’s best.
Kmac, saw you ordered the dimmer plate bulbs and that’s what got me thinking. Don’t want or need something obnoxiously bright.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:31 PM

Yeah, I was about to suggest that you get dimmer one for the plates. I'm happy with mine cause they light it up enough to see it, look good, but don't make the plate a focal point. I think the ones I got were like $7 for both? Whatever goes in the cargos should probably be really bright so you can see the bed at night. My toolbox blocks a lot of light fro reaching the bed to see, so I don't know how much they'll help me.

Quick Reply: 04 - 08 interior dome LEDs complete