2004 - 2008 F-150

04 - 08 interior dome LEDs complete

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Subcribing for furture reference

Old 02-09-2010, 01:31 PM
Woops i ordered what darren did in his first post thinking rear dome meant the rear light inside the truck. haha. Which light is for the rear light on the back of the rail system?? Does dome mean the light on the back of the rail system and cargo mean the bed light. Im confused

Last edited by fx4tough07; 02-09-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:55 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mcline86
bad *** light setup man gives the truck such a better look!! i need to do this soon haha

so Darren, u got all the other lights at V-leds.com except the cargo lights above the bed....V-leds.com didnt carry anything that would fit out there?
Well no its not that. I bought from Auto Lumination first, but they are so pricey. V-leds is a couple bucks cheaper. I originally dealt with superbrightleds for my first set of plate lights, then they blew and I ordered a different pair from them which also blew, so I have a dissatisfaction with superbrightleds and paid the extra dollar for REAL leds at autolumination. I'll look and post bulbs on V-leds similar to my plate and cargo bulbs. Actually carolinaboy bought a unique set of LEDs which light up his plate very well. But if I had $80 to spend at once I would have bought everything once from V-leds. They sell excellent bulbs. Not cheap by any means. My cargo, and plate bulbs are auto lumination, interior is V-leds, reverse lights are random 45LED bulbs I bought off ebay in 2008.

Originally Posted by rednoved
So these?

Do you think you can get a picture of the bulb in the housing with the light off?

I'm trying to decide what would look best in my Hella 3rd brake light. I'm pretty sure everything is the same size.

They are 11.99 a piece. Which doesn't seem too bad. Do they match the HID white color of Vleds?

Vleds had some nice 921 bulbs, but I didn't want to spend 59.99 on two bulbs.
Yes those are the cargo bulbs I have.

I probably could. Since the 04 - 08 brakelight is not clear its hard to see it but there is about 3/4 inch of space left before it touches the wall. But i'll get one and PM it to you.

Stick a pencil inside the housing until it hits the lens, mark the pencil with your thumbnail, measure it with a tape measure in 1/16ths, go online and use a 1/16th to millimeter conversion and you will find out the maximum length you can fit in there. I did this with all of my bulbs which is how they are so accurate in size compared to stock.

And I thought you meant $60 overall, no just 1 pair of their 921 19LEDs are $59.99 a pair!! Wow. My 18LEDs from autolumination were $22.98 for two, and I bought plate lights and shipping even came out less than $40. Maybe you should buy those then, unless you got an extra $15 to buy their other 36LED bulbs.

Originally Posted by fx4tough07
Woops i ordered what darren did in his first post thinking rear dome meant the rear light inside the truck. haha. Which light is for the rear light on the back of the rail system?? Does dome mean the light on the back of the rail system and cargo mean the bed light. Im confused
the rear light inside the truck is the dome So you're safe

Rear dome/rear inside light = back seat light.

Cargo/bed light = the exterior brake light for bed visibility.

Last edited by DarrenWS6; 02-09-2010 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by fx4tough07
Does dome mean the light on the back of the rail system and cargo mean the bed light. Im confused
Yes, dome light is back seats....Cargo light is the bed light.

Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So how do the autolumination lights match up to the vleds hid white? Id rather not spend $60 on only two bulbs.

Old 02-09-2010, 03:15 PM

So how do the autolumination lights match up to the vleds hid white? Id rather not spend $60 on only two bulbs.
Very well. They all look to have a 6k HID look, cool white as they say.

Old 02-09-2010, 04:38 PM
[QUOTE=DarrenWS6;4082668]Well no its not that. I bought from Auto Lumination first, but they are so pricey. V-leds is a couple bucks cheaper. I originally dealt with superbrightleds for my first set of plate lights, then they blew and I ordered a different pair from them which also blew, so I have a dissatisfaction with superbrightleds and paid the extra dollar for REAL leds at autolumination. I'll look and post bulbs on V-leds similar to my plate and cargo bulbs. Actually carolinaboy bought a unique set of LEDs which light up his plate very well. But if I had $80 to spend at once I would have bought everything once from V-leds. They sell excellent bulbs. Not cheap by any means. My cargo, and plate bulbs are auto lumination, interior is V-leds, reverse lights are random 45LED bulbs I bought off ebay in 2008.

nice, yeah he posted the link to his plate bulbs on here, their only 11 bucks for 2 at vleds. let me know if you see anything on Vleds that mach your cargo ones from autolumination. so you have 45LED bulbs in your reverse lights too?!? damn your all LED'd out son! haha how are they compared to the OEM reverse bulbs?

Old 02-09-2010, 08:04 PM

nice, yeah he posted the link to his plate bulbs on here, their only 11 bucks for 2 at vleds. let me know if you see anything on Vleds that mach your cargo ones from autolumination. so you have 45LED bulbs in your reverse lights too?!? damn your all LED'd out son! haha how are they compared to the OEM reverse bulbs?
Yep. All I need now are HIDs.

They suck on output compared to filament bulbs. They threw off better light, but the LEDs look brighter to the bare eye. I dont care about the output on reverse lights anyways.

Heres a shot of them.

The 921 LEDs V-leds has are a bit high priced, I scored a better deal on mine with Auto Lumination, but if you want to stick with only V-leds, they have a 36 LED bulb pair for $30 some bucks.

Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 PM
looks good man! il prolly stick with the regular bulbs in my reverse lights if their brighter thought i like havin more back up light. the 921's at vleds are the cargo bulbs?

Old 02-09-2010, 10:20 PM

The silverstar reverse lights are great too, you can pick em up @ advanced auto for $8

Old 02-09-2010, 11:01 PM

looks good man! il prolly stick with the regular bulbs in my reverse lights if their brighter thought i like havin more back up light. the 921's at vleds are the cargo bulbs?
Yes 921 is the bulb number the cargo lights take. There's are pretty expensive but they come in pairs.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:17 PM
Well, I have been debating what bulbs to get for the cargo lights. I emailed autolumination to find out some things so I could compare to VLEDS. Here is what I found.

AUTOLUMINATION 18 LED BULB:

18 LEDs (3 forward + 15 side facing)
2W bulb
100 lumens
They said the color temp was 7000K on this scale:

VLEDS 19 LED BULB

19 LEDs (4 forward + 15 side facing)
8W bulb
250 lumens
Color temp is 6000k

VLEDS 14 LED BULB

14 LEDs (4 forward + 10 side facing)
3W bulb
140 lumens
Color temp is 6000k

The only thing keeping me from getting is the autolumination bulbs is the color. I am real **** about stuff not matching. Whoever emailed me said 7000k, and that kinda got me worried.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:21 PM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Very well. They all look to have a 6k HID look, cool white as they say.
I don't mean to question much, but can you notice a difference in color? Do you wish they were brighter, or are they already really bright?

The main thing I am worried about is color. I have an Undercover Tonneau so as soon as I lift my cover, the light is gone. I don't really need the light output, so it is just for looks.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 AM

I don't mean to question much, but can you notice a difference in color? Do you wish they were brighter, or are they already really bright?

The main thing I am worried about is color. I have an Undercover Tonneau so as soon as I lift my cover, the light is gone. I don't really need the light output, so it is just for looks.
If the light output doesn't matter, go with the cheapest 921s you find then, with at least 10LEDs to look right though.

I'm more than satisfied with my bulb light output. The only thing I dislike is the mounting style of the light does not aim it downwards to the bed to give more light in the bed. I would says about 5' of my 6'5 bed is lit at night. Its brighter with the LEDs by a pinch.

My lights all match from the back. They have a slight blue hue to them, plates and cargos match together perfect. But they are both from Autolumination. The interior light doesn't show at all from my 20% tint.

Old 02-10-2010, 12:07 AM

I can complain about one and only thing about my RECON Smoked 3rd brake light. The cargo lights look AWESOME, but suck for light output they don't light up my bed at all. I really like the look of it. I am gonna just do bed lights eventually

Quick Reply: 04 - 08 interior dome LEDs complete