2004 - 2008 F-150

Minor preview of whats going on!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 10:28 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by fx4tough07
^^^^.. Leave it up to a sooner to be the first to put your truck down!
Lol, I didn't put his truck down, I just said it wasn't for me! Too tall, but it's still a bad-a$$ lookin truck.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DANG im glad in Alabama, thats ridculous how strict other states laws are!!! My trucks a little one compared to some daily drivers ive seen around here

Old 01-22-2010, 02:20 PM
ill clear up all this fighting about the law haha,

okay first things first i have a 97 2wd XL f150 for a daily. very very basic. no tape player even haha...

And now for this lift law stuff, i guess im young and dont think the same way as some of you older guys, so i dont mean to disrespect its just i honestly dont give a rats *** what the law says. im going to lift my truck however high i want to lift it and im not going to let the law stop me because its not like im stealing or killing anyone. If i drive 20 minutes from my house im in indiana and they dont have laws this strick about lifted trucks so my basic outlook on it is: how come when im on I-294 going southbound in illinois my trucks bumpers can only be so high and then i cross into indiana and my trucks bumpers can be higher? why? does the road change the way my truck reacts if i were to get into an accident? no not at all, they are stupid dumb laws that mean absolutely nothing in my opinion and i dont really care to restrict my passion of lifting trucks because of a stupid law like that.

kk! no more arguing! thanks for the compliments guys!

Old 01-22-2010, 02:27 PM
thank you. settled!

more pics please!

Old 01-22-2010, 03:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
....i honestly dont give a rats *** what the law says. im going to lift my truck however high i want to lift it and im not going to let the law stop me because its not like im stealing or killing anyone. If i drive 20 minutes from my house im in indiana and they dont have laws this strick about lifted trucks.....
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but it seems Indiana has similar restrictions on bumper height.....simple Google search would have informed ya.

But what does it matter, right. It's only a traffic violation, and they can only take your DL away and impose fines. Big deal right. Awesome.

IC 9-19-4-2
Trucks with declared gross weight of not more than 11,000 pounds
Sec. 2. When operated upon a highway, a motor vehicle registered as a truck with a declared gross weight of not more than eleven thousand (11,000) pounds must be equipped with bumpers of substantial construction on the extreme front and the extreme rear of the vehicle. The height of the front and rear bumpers may not exceed thirty (30) inches when measured from level pavement to the bottom of the bumper.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

IC 9-19-4-3
Frame or body 60 inches beyond rear axle and 42 inches above roadway
Sec. 3. A vehicle with a frame or body that extends more than sixty (60) inches beyond the rear of the rear axle and is more than forty-two (42) inches above the roadway may not be operated on a highway in Indiana unless the vehicle is equipped with a bumper on the extreme rear of the frame or body. The bumper must extend downward from the rear of the frame or body to within thirty (30) inches of the roadway and must be of substantial construction.
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.7.

Offroaders.com lists each states requirements at the link below. Looks like you better move to TX !

http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-.../lift-laws.htm

Illinois

You can't lift the body from the chassis more than 3 inches. In terms of bumper height, a 4,500-pound GVWR or less and your front bumper can't go higher than 24 inches, and the rear must be no more than 26 inches. GVWRs between 4,501 and 7,500 mean 27 inches at the front and 29 at the rear. Finally, if your truck is between 7,501 and 9,000, the allowable altering is 28 and 30 inches.

Indiana

Simply put, that bumper needs to stay within 3 inches of the factory height. Keep those headlights at 54 inches while you're at it.

Texas

Laws concern lighting but not bumper height or even lift blocks.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:38 PM
I still love the truck at your height.

That said I guess every modified car should be put in an impound lot right?

All cars and trucks with aftermarket non-DOT HID's?

All the modified motors in cars running race gas, bigger injectors, no cats, illegal nitrous systems, drag tires on the street, etc...

C'mon give me a break!!!

You are jealous or you just have a bone to pick. Please don't derail this thread. Start a new one for all the people who care!!!

Old 01-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by Eff One Fifty
ill clear up all this fighting about the law haha,

okay first things first i have a 97 2wd XL f150 for a daily. very very basic. no tape player even haha...

And now for this lift law stuff, i guess im young and dont think the same way as some of you older guys, so i dont mean to disrespect its just i honestly dont give a rats *** what the law says. im going to lift my truck however high i want to lift it and im not going to let the law stop me because its not like im stealing or killing anyone. If i drive 20 minutes from my house im in indiana and they dont have laws this strick about lifted trucks so my basic outlook on it is: how come when im on I-294 going southbound in illinois my trucks bumpers can only be so high and then i cross into indiana and my trucks bumpers can be higher? why? does the road change the way my truck reacts if i were to get into an accident? no not at all, they are stupid dumb laws that mean absolutely nothing in my opinion and i dont really care to restrict my passion of lifting trucks because of a stupid law like that.

kk! no more arguing! thanks for the compliments guys!
i completlty agree with you. as long as you understand the risks of what your doing and any possible consequences then i say do what you want with YOUR truck.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
I still havent done anything with that compressor i bought from you

looking great!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by rms8
Don't mean to rain on your parade, but it seems Indiana has similar restrictions on bumper height.....simple Google search would have informed ya.

But what does it matter, right. It's only a traffic violation, and they can only take your DL away and impose fines. Big deal right. Awesome.

Offroaders.com lists each states requirements at the link below. Looks like you better move to TX !

http://www.offroaders.com/info/tech-.../lift-laws.htm
thats why i live in texas

Old 01-22-2010, 08:31 PM
^^^^Texas and Florida are the best states, cause none of the cops give a crap. Hell theres Daily drivers around here that make mine look like a midgetruck.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Since I'm in several Business Law classes right now, I took the time to see the "exceptions" to RMS's law

(b) This Section shall not apply to street rods, custom
vehicles, motor vehicles designed or modified primarily for
off-highway purposes while such vehicles are in tow
or to
motorcycles or motor driven cycles, nor to motor vehicles
registered as antique vehicles when the original design of such
antique vehicles did not include bumpers. The provisions of
this Section shall not apply to any motor vehicle driven during
the first 1000 recorded miles of that vehicle, when such
vehicle is owned or operated by a manufacturer, dealer or
transporter displaying a special plate or plates as described
in Chapter 3 of this Code while such vehicle is (1) being
delivered from the manufacturing or assembly plant directly to
the purchasing dealer or distributor, or from one dealership or
distributor to another; (2) being moved by the most direct
route from one location to another for the purpose of
installing special bodies or equipment; or (3) being driven for
purposes of demonstration by a prospective buyer with the
dealer or his agent present in the cab of the vehicle during
the demonstration.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publ...?Name=093-0702

Sounds to me like the Law can be construed to Eff's favor; I highly doubt anyone will give him issues since this exception to the rule is so broad and in legal terms VERY vague.

This Law posted by RMS and now this exception seem to me like folks with trucks similar to Eff's, offroad vehicles, and custom vehicles balked enough to get this exception and make it so broad and vague.
This exception only refers to these vehicles "while in tow".

Old 01-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Wow, I guess I should have read the whole thread before posting. Doh! Anyway, I love the truck. After reading that offroad website, I wish my truck had a GVWR that was 201 lbs heavier. it looks like since mine is 9800 lbs, I fall into the "28 inches for 7,501 to 10,000" category.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by IORf150
^^^^Texas and Florida are the best states, cause none of the cops give a crap. Hell theres Daily drivers around here that make mine look like a midgetruck.
im in polk city,

and hes not lying.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by gcart
im in polk city,

and hes not lying.
sure isn't... couple guys running 44s on Ft Hood and no one says **** to them either. Gotta love Texas and Florida

Old 01-22-2010, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by mhockey9090
sure isn't... couple guys running 44s on Ft Hood and no one says **** to them either. Gotta love Texas and Florida
Yea lately i have seen this guy with a v10 f250 on 53" michelins running around. crazy lol. headlights under the bumper lol.

IORf150, i just realized your name. i work at the publix on havendale about 2 miles from ior. i drool everyday at the look of the hummer (that currently has no tires and wheels)

Pretty neat stuff.

Quick Reply: Minor preview of whats going on!