2004 - 2008 F-150

Will keypad work with alarm systems

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 10:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking for an aftermarket alarm with auto start for the 08 Expy. I want a basic alarm with door and window sensors also. Does anyone know of one that will still let me utilize the door keypad.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:26 AM

I'm looking for an aftermarket alarm with auto start for the 08 Expy. I want a basic alarm with door and window sensors also. Does anyone know of one that will still let me utilize the door keypad.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:57 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Check out Code Alarm. the older ford remote start/alarm combo from 2 years ago were rebranded code alarms and you could still use your keypad with them. www.kcautosound.com sells them

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 05-25-2009 at 01:01 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
subscribing

I'm after the exact same thing.

I didn't know Code Alarms were the oem stuff. Guess I'll be giving Travis a call when I get a bit of $$$

Old 05-25-2009, 02:10 AM

subscribing in here also

Old 05-25-2009, 03:15 AM
from what i have been told (by travis @ kcautosound.com) code is the only alarm that will let you do that

Old 05-25-2009, 03:48 AM
cross posting tisk tisk

yes as far as i know only the code though

www.kcautosound.com

Old 05-25-2009, 04:05 AM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
cross posting tisk tisk

yes as far as i know only the code though

www.kcautosound.com

cross posting? who me?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
from what i have been told (by travis @ kcautosound.com) code is the only alarm that will let you do that
Hey I'm personal friends with that guy....lol

The Code Alarm CA671 or the Ford systems are the only units that will interface with the keypad the correct way. My Compustar systems can be reprogrammed to be able to arm/disarm with the keypad as well but if someone was to actually reach inside the truck and hit the unlock button with the Compustar it would allow them to disarm the alarm. The Code and Ford systems have an actual wire that monitors the switches and keeps the alarm from disarming from the interior switch.

Hope that made sense. I am trying to figure a way or design a circuit that will work with the Compustar to work similar as the Code and Ford systems.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:46 PM
My thoughts are opposite...if the truck was bought used(like mine) bear in mind that the previous owner(s) know the entry code(which can NOT be changed without large amounts of $$$)
So if they wanted to come over to rip you off later, you have now given them full access to your vehicle by doing so. (small chance I know but you just never know)
The alarm I am having installed next week will be set off if anyone enters the code and opens the door either from the outside or the inside.(I also have a proximity sensor going in which would set the alarm off before you could even reach in and unlock the doors) I have not heard really good things about the glass sensors...the proximity sensor is much better IMHO.
Also just a thought...A good thief will see your warning lights/stickers, simply break your window and climb through it rendering your alarm useless if a door is not opened if no glass sensor is installed. (some shock sensors may pick it up...others may not)
That is why I opted for a proximity sensor (rear sliding window is a prime candidate and never covered by a sensor)
Just a few things to consider.

Last edited by FordF150Freak; 05-27-2009 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:28 AM

I've got a shock sensor on my other vehicle...and a inclination sensor

if you simply pop the door handle slightly, or change the angle of the vehicle more than 3 degrees I think it is (weight of someone on bumper), the alarm goes bat**** crazy.

still, it's funny you mention the prior owner and the OEM code. I just found that little card for my 2006 I just got rid of. I'm going to give it to the Dealership next week when they're done repairing my Expy
but then again, I'm a pretty honest guy if I say so myself...but I know there are people out there

Old 05-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by KCAutosound
Hey I'm personal friends with that guy....lol

The Code Alarm CA671 or the Ford systems are the only units that will interface with the keypad the correct way. My Compustar systems can be reprogrammed to be able to arm/disarm with the keypad as well but if someone was to actually reach inside the truck and hit the unlock button with the Compustar it would allow them to disarm the alarm. The Code and Ford systems have an actual wire that monitors the switches and keeps the alarm from disarming from the interior switch.

Hope that made sense. I am trying to figure a way or design a circuit that will work with the Compustar to work similar as the Code and Ford systems.

Im going to give you a call in the next few days to talk to you about the Code alarms,

Old 05-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
My situation is a little different. I have an XLT that did not come with the key pad but had a dealer installed alarm. It was installed by a company named Karr, which is no longer in business. I have no idea what the brand of the unit is. So, I installed a key pad myself and it works fine with one exception. When you punch a button, it sets off the alarm. Which can be a good thing except it does it when I want to use the pad myself. I just enter the code very quickly and it only honks twice. I assume it has something to do with the way the alarm is wired.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally Posted by thenewbreed
cross posting? who me?
Call Travis at KCAutosound!! He will be the person to set you up with this...

Old 05-28-2009, 11:47 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Two threads merged. Only one thread is allowed. Thanks

Quick Reply: Will keypad work with alarm systems