2004 - 2008 F-150

2004 supercrew, ATV fittment????'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neuspeed5
First thought is... why do you want a Banshee? Unless you are looking for some major engine project
My 2001 Banshee has been very, very reliable. I have only rebuilt the motor and tranny, once that was 3 years ago when I took 3rd gear out and had to tear the motor apart anyway. After 4 years of hard riding it still had 130 psi of compression on each side. After the rebuild I was back up to 180psi and just this past fall I checked and each side was still around 155. I have buddies that have rebuilt their 4 strokes multiple times. Banshees can be very reliable if built right.

As for ATVs that are faster and more comfortable... I can't really comment on that because it has been so long since I rode a stock Shee that I have forgotten what its like. But I can tell you that with triple rate shocks and +1+2 a-arms the ride is great!

Originally Posted by neuspeed5
They don't make them anymore for a reason.
The reason that Banshee are not sold in the US is because they don't meet emission requirements. But you can still a new one in Canada.

Also its kinda hard to compare a Banshee to a Raptor, 450R, Z400, ect since the only major change the to the Banshee in since 87 was switching from J-arms to A-arms. So for 20 year old technology they still pretty darn good machines. But then again I am a little bias.

Last edited by PHS79; 01-18-2009 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
Ok, is the 6.5 ft box standard on 06 and newer screws or is it an option? Secondly, I like the 2 strokes better. My brother has had so many banshee's its crazy. He now has a fourtraxx 250r and its built to the hills. much lighter and just as fast as built shee's. I am buying a built banshee with all the goodies. I like them and that is why I am buying one. I will most likely look for a used 06 screw then if it is standard on those years. Thanks much for all the help.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by fastfive_ogt
Ok, is the 6.5 ft box standard on 06 and newer screws or is it an option? Secondly, I like the 2 strokes better. My brother has had so many banshee's its crazy. He now has a fourtraxx 250r and its built to the hills. much lighter and just as fast as built shee's. I am buying a built banshee with all the goodies. I like them and that is why I am buying one. I will most likely look for a used 06 screw then if it is standard on those years. Thanks much for all the help.
The 6.5' box was an option on the 06+ screws, and seems to be very, very hard to find, atleast around where I live. Most screws, I would guess around 90%-95%+ come with the 5.5' box.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by rngprerunner
Proof... Here's my Z400 in my SCREW's 5.5' bed, with the gate up.

Didn't mean to sound like I was calling you a liar. I was just wanting to learn the trick to loading my quad with the tailgate up without having to flatten my tire's.

Old 01-19-2009, 09:25 PM
Didn't think you were... just found a picture to prove it so I posted it... lol

Originally Posted by 2004Triton5.4
Didn't mean to sound like I was calling you a liar. I was just wanting to learn the trick to loading my quad with the tailgate up without having to flatten my tire's.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
An option, wow thats great. I have found a few but am not going to spend the added money so I can have a little extra room in back for the kids. LOL. Thanks for all the reply's. I appreciate it very much.

Quick Reply: 2004 supercrew, ATV fittment????'s