2004 - 2008 F-150

Am I the only one on here that.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the only one on here that.....

So many of you on here have mods ranging from $100 to $10,000. My mods so far have me set back right under $2k right now. I cannot tell you how much S**T I get from the fiance`, co-workers, and family for spending $$$ on my truck. The best one I hear (all too often) is, "he must be compensating for something else". I'm not compensating for anything. I like big trucks. I want a 6in lift with the 35's I just put on; IS THAT SO WRONG??? I can't be the only on one here dealing with this, right? I love my truck and it gives me great satisfaction to add mods to it and make it look even better. Other people spend their money on different things...I choose to spend it on my truck. I figure if anyone would understand it would be the guys/gals on here! So to all the people on here that are giving me GREAT ideas on what more additions I to do to my truck, I thank you!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:29 PM
Honestly man, I have been in the same boat as you as far as criticism from family and friends. That being said, (in the words of Joe Dirt) I just kept on keeping on with my love for my vehicles and it eventually landed me a retail job in the industry during college. After that, I moved up and beyond that to where I work as a rep for the very thing I love, Performace/Truck parts. It all stemmed from a simple passion for automotive aftermarket and now I pay my bills by playing. Also get parts really cheap as well as a bonus. Do what YOU love, but only when it makes sense. I know of guys who would rather buy a set of wheels than pay their mortgage...I am sure you're smarter than that.

Jesse

Old 01-15-2008, 10:37 PM
BTW, I think these wheels would look absolutely sick on your truck.

http://www.procomptire.com/pxa8128.html

Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 PM
Honestly it's what makes you happy. I have extra cash so I spend it on my projects. I'm a gearhead so it's an addiction.....

Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I spend every lick i make on the truck...Im in college and the parentals cover that so any cash i make from work or doing odd jobs outside of work goes to the truck or anything else....thats the story now, but later in life im sure ill have priorities just like all you other guys.

this summer im thinkin s/c and a sound system, but anything could happen....

Last edited by FX4life; 01-15-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM
I agree with all the above. I am guilty of spending money on my truck with my now wife wearing my out about it. Lets face it, these trucks are not a great investment since they depreciate every year.

But.... I'm going to have a truck ALWAYS and I want to enjoy what I drive everyday, and sometimes that takes a little extra investment dollars. I just wish I could figure out a way to convince her that I actually NEED new gears (4:56? or 4:88?). Still undecided on which to go with at this point.

Originally Posted by Davespeed
I have extra cash so I spend it on my projects. I'm a gearhead so it's an addiction.....
Same here.

Just don't mix up "want" and "need" and you'll be fine.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All of my friends give me heck over spending money on my truck... my fiance kinda just goes with it, she's indifferent about me putting stuff on my truck although she tells me if she doesn't like something i'm thinking about doing.... but i mean a few of my friends have tons of money into their computers, to come its music intruments... everyone has SOME hobby they spend their money on.... just so happens mine is my truck. The thing i hear most is "are you not happy with your truck?" ... but I am... i love my truck... I just am constantly looking to change things up a little. Moral of my little story.... dont be discouraged... if people want to give you heck... ask them what they spend their money on... My dad used to give me heck about my truck.. but he has a Harley he puts money into and the first time i pointed that out.. he doesn't say anything now.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by ktexas
I agree with all the above. I am guilty of spending money on my truck with my now wife wearing my out about it. Lets face it, these trucks are not a great investment since they depreciate every year.

But.... I'm going to have a truck ALWAYS and I want to enjoy what I drive everyday, and sometimes that takes a little extra investment dollars. I just wish I could figure out a way to convince her that I actually NEED new gears (4:56? or 4:88?). Still undecided on which to go with at this point.

Id go 4.56 w/ only the 305's...just tell her the tranny is starting to wine or some b/s and that would be around 3-5k to fix where as gears can keep it from failing and only cost 1k....

Old 01-15-2008, 10:48 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
I've been spending money on vehicles since 1965 and ain't stopping now!!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
I spend every lick i make on the truck...Im in college and the parentals cover that so any cash i make from work or doing odd jobs outside of work goes to the truck or anything else....thats the story now, but later in life im sure ill have priorities just like all you other guys.

this summer im thinkin s/c and a sound system, but anything could happen....
Not to highjack or anything, but "FX4" I like how your truck turned out Very Nice!

Old 01-15-2008, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by FX4REACTION1
Not to highjack or anything, but "FX4" I like how your truck turned out Very Nice!
Thanks, I just need some 38's like yours. but cant justify spending the money on them. I shoulda waited to buy tires but jumped the gun this summer before i ever got the idea from you guys about the bilstein 5100's.
the look of sitting bulldog is growin on me, but i think im going to order up a 4" deaver leaf pack. everyone that has gone 10" in the front seems to be way lower in the rear....

Old 01-15-2008, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by FX4life
Id go 4.56 w/ only the 305's...just tell her the tranny is starting to wine or some b/s and that would be around 3-5k to fix where as gears can keep it from failing and only cost 1k....
Well my next set of shoes will be 35's, but I won't ever go bigger than that. Still thinking 4:56?

Old 01-15-2008, 11:06 PM
I get a lot of crap about spending so much money on my truck. But then again, I do probably get more compliments than crap

Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 PM
They are just jealous that you can run them over My parents give me crap for it all the time, but my dad loves the way it looks right now. The mods will never end though. haha Just ignore people and do what you want.

Quick Reply: Am I the only one on here that.....