2004 - 2008 F-150

Spark plug change @ 90K+ Miles please help

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ohboy44
I don't take it personal, but the internet is full of advise given by complete strangers.
All I was asking is how many of these trucks have you done?
Of course I could be lying about my experience too, but I'm not.
As for this particular vehicle, only my own. As for automotive experience in general, 20 years worth rebuilding classic cars-mostly Fords.

Old 07-28-2007, 04:09 AM
Change plugs almost done!

Hi Folks! I already remobe 5 of 8 plugs. The ones not removed yet are the most near the cab. Drivers side is something dificult to use my tools. passenger side I don't touch yet, i see this particular one very complicated.

Can any body tell me what tools I need to access these 2 plugs?

Also another one is to thight. I'll let with PB Blaster and Kroil overnight. Tomorrow morning I'll try again.

Thqanks for your help.!

Old 07-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by Eastrick
Just my opinion since I haven't touched the plugs in my truck yet (only 21k), but 33 ft lbs doesn't sound like enough to unseat a plug that has been in there for 90k miles. Maybe a good guideline not to exceed once you've cracked them loose though.

I'm using a torque wrench and 5 of 8 plugs can be removed using 35 ft lbs. 1 of the plugs don't unseat with 35. I'm leting with PB Blaster overnight. the 2 other ones need another tools in order to check how much torque needs to loose.

Old 07-28-2007, 06:55 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just changed mine at 63,000 miles while we were installing the blower at Mikes last week. Broke two and lost two hours getting them out after doing so. Getting the porclein out of the tip so you can use the extraction tool is what eats up the time....

Quick Reply: Spark plug change @ 90K+ Miles please help