2004 - 2008 F-150

Supercharger almost complete.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if this intercooler is much bigger than the roush... if any.

I wish it were thicker.

Bartak: I'd love to see some track #'s too.

I was running LOW 9's in the 1/8 before the blower... We'll see what happens.

The closest 1/4mile track is a bit far for me.. but I'll go sometime once it's done.

It's been spittin' rain all day so I didn't get anything else done besides the hear exchanger mounted.

Last edited by khendrix2374; 06-23-2007 at 05:58 PM.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:59 AM
Low 9's? damn you I need to get a reg cab. I have only gone 9.2 in the 1/8 with the blower! If you can get that down to an 8.2-8.3 then you should see that 12 sec slip no prob.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Same here man.....9.3 is the best I have made, 22's and all.........That heat exchanger looks badass. And FX4 Matt was talking about the actual intercooler and intake manifold part of the system, not the external heat exchanger. I bet you cant wait to get it done!!

Old 06-24-2007, 12:50 PM
It's still spittin' rain here. I can't make it outside long enough to do the wiring.

Looking a little closer, it doesn't look that hard now. Extending a few wires. I don't fully understand the tapping of a wire. For the relay on the intercooler pump, the instruction say "Splice the red wire into the red wire"... OK! I don't know what red wire it's refering too... but I'll try.

8.2 seconds.... Maybe. Like I said.. I'm not gonna romp on it untill I get the rear end done. I have the brackets made, I just need to weld the bungs into the pipe and weld the brackets on and I'm set.

Old 06-24-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by khendrix2374
It's still spittin' rain here. I can't make it outside long enough to do the wiring.

Looking a little closer, it doesn't look that hard now. Extending a few wires. I don't fully understand the tapping of a wire. For the relay on the intercooler pump, the instruction say "Splice the red wire into the red wire"... OK! I don't know what red wire it's refering too... but I'll try.

8.2 seconds.... Maybe. Like I said.. I'm not gonna romp on it untill I get the rear end done. I have the brackets made, I just need to weld the bungs into the pipe and weld the brackets on and I'm set.
not sure on where your intercooler pump is mounted but mine is on the driver side below the headlight sorta. The wiring or "red wire" that I tapped was in a harness going to the a/c relay box right where the factory airbox was. This wire is actually red w/ yellow stripe though.

Old 06-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You have an abundance of self control, something a lot of us lack

Old 06-24-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Black3v
not sure on where your intercooler pump is mounted but mine is on the driver side below the headlight sorta. The wiring or "red wire" that I tapped was in a harness going to the a/c relay box right where the factory airbox was. This wire is actually red w/ yellow stripe though.

I'll look into that. Thanks.

The wire I'm supposed to tap is in one of the three wiring bundles coming out of the PCM.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:03 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah
You have an abundance of self control, something a lot of us lack

Yes he does. I would have that rear end broken within an hour

Old 06-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Once you break it.. you'l think twice on when and where you put the pedal down at.

Putting it to the floor and hearing *POW..POW* (Leaf perches snapping).. awful sound.

Old 06-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Once you break it.. you'l think twice on when and where you put the pedal down at.

Putting it to the floor and hearing *POW..POW* (Leaf perches snapping).. awful sound.
yes it is. mine still isnt the same

Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 PM
It's running. Everything is working. I didn't drive it though because I have a leak in the intercooler somewhere.

I'll be able to see better tommorow in the daylight. It seems to be coming from the back of the supercharger... there are two hoses back there.. I'm guessing it's coming from there. It's not a huge leak.... but a leak none the less.

I started it and let it idle for 5 mins or so. Blipped the throttle a couple times... WOW those RPMs come up alot faster.

Tommorow, I fill HOPEFULLY fix the leak and give it a test drive. But everything mechanical is working properly so I'm off to a good start.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 PM
congrats man
Probably just a coolant hose loose on the back-hopefully.

Old 06-24-2007, 10:29 PM
Looking at the pics in the instructions.. if it's the hose I think it is thats loose or dis-connected.. I will have to remove the entire unit to get to it. *Sigh*.. O well, you have to pay to play.. I'm just gonna have to pay more time and work. Ugh!

Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 AM
looking good! I almost went with the Trilogy kit, I was scheduled to test drive one of there trucks because the one truck is not far from here, but never got around to it.

How are your traction bars coming? Been raining like crazy here so I havent been back to the track, plus I am still waiting on the updated tunes

Feels great doin it your self doesnt it.

Good Luck

Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 AM
Traction bars are ready to be put on... I don't have a welder though.

My buddy has a building in town rented and he has his shop there... welders, mill/drill press, bandsaw, 4-post lift.. the works. He's not there all the time, so we have to meet up when it's convienient for him. He's a pretty busy guy.

It feels good puttin it in after your done, but every time I got into a tight spot under the hood I kept asking myself "Why didn't you just pay someone to do this crap?"

Quick Reply: Supercharger almost complete.