2004 - 2008 F-150

Racing House Halo's are leakers...

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Racing House Halo's are leakers...

Just wanted to give you a the heads up...
I saw on a previous thread that the Racinghouse Halo lights leak and sure enough, on the first wash following the install, water was in the housing and are now fogged up. I emailed the seller and told him that I like the lights and will accept replacement if he has the fixed version, otherwise I want a refund for return... We'll see what happens.

Old 03-26-2007, 02:28 PM
i bought some silicone, so I am going to run a bead around the housings before washing... Hope to have a non leaker like Matt...

Old 03-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Suspended
I know this is a day late, and a dollar short...but 99% of aftermarket lighting, clear corners, etc are CHEAP CRAP that will either fade, chip, peel, or leak within a relatively short period of time. Hence, my stock headlights...heh

Old 03-26-2007, 02:56 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by etggolf
Just wanted to give you a the heads up...
I saw on a previous thread that the Racinghouse Halo lights leak and sure enough, on the first wash following the install, water was in the housing and are now fogged up. I emailed the seller and told him that I like the lights and will accept replacement if he has the fixed version, otherwise I want a refund for return... We'll see what happens.
Did anyone read my review on these things? I mean, seriously?

My replacement set will be here TOMORROW etggolf. He's been pretty easy to work with on the replacement.

Old 03-26-2007, 05:28 PM
Ha...yea I got a set of these and I read RockPick's post. So I put some silicon around the lights and sure enought the next morning my left light was fogged up like a ****. I have no idea how water got in there so im pissed. Yea..stick to stock!!

Old 03-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Give it a try...

Originally Posted by RockPick
Did anyone read my review on these things? I mean, seriously?

My replacement set will be here TOMORROW etggolf. He's been pretty easy to work with on the replacement.

Im reasonable when it comes to these things so I'll work with him. Not gonna mess with Silicone on the replacements because we shouldnt have to but if they leak too, I'll be looking for a refund.

Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 PM
anybody purchase the Hella Blackout lights?? They are a bit more expensive, but I would imagine that they would be of better quality??

Old 03-26-2007, 09:36 PM
WOW you all must have got a bad batch mine are still great no fog or water in them I hope y'all get a good set they look so good!!

Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by etggolf
Im reasonable when it comes to these things so I'll work with him. Not gonna mess with Silicone on the replacements because we shouldnt have to but if they leak too, I'll be looking for a refund.
I understand totally... it bummed me out too. I like the look so much that I'm willing to give it one more go. I'm not sure if I'm going to silicone this set because I think if I do, I'll own them - peroid. Leak or not.

As such, I'm reevaluating my decision on putting silicone on them. I may just run them... if they leak, I'm going to get a refund.

I hope you have a good experience with the return process... he's been pretty good with me. He shipped me a set without me returning the others as of yet (there was a small deposit). Once I have the new set, there's supposed to be a FedEx label in there for me to use the new set's box to return the old set... again, I'm just hoping that it all works out well. We'll see and I'll let everyone know...

RP

Old 03-28-2007, 12:38 AM
Moderator &

My replacements came today... I pray they don't leak.

They didn't include a return shipping label for the faulty set.... I tell you, this whole thing has been a royal pain in my ****. I like the look of these things but, I'm beginning to wish I would've left them alone...

Old 03-28-2007, 02:38 AM
Local Deal

Originally Posted by RockPick
My replacements came today... I pray they don't leak.

They didn't include a return shipping label for the faulty set.... I tell you, this whole thing has been a royal pain in my ****. I like the look of these things but, I'm beginning to wish I would've left them alone...
This guy is about 8 miles from me so I'll be able to do the exchage personally...

Good luck with your replacements RP!

Old 03-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Moderator &

Lucky on the return for you... that's simplistic!

Old 03-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
I know this is a day late, and a dollar short...but 99% of aftermarket lighting, clear corners, etc are CHEAP CRAP that will either fade, chip, peel, or leak within a relatively short period of time. Hence, my stock headlights...heh
did you do the clear corner mod? if so any links?

Old 04-03-2007, 09:01 AM
Moderator &

My new heads are on... heavy rain forecasted today. I didn't silicone them because, as was previously mentioned, we SHOULDN'T have to do this to a new product!

Time will tell .... I will report back.

Old 04-03-2007, 09:35 AM
This is why I will not buy aftermarket headlights anymore. OEM are of much better quality.

I bought the aftermarket blacked out lights for my Mustang 4 or 5 years ago and they did not fit right and were junk. I got rid of them and replaced them with a set of the black OEM ones and they fit perfect, no leaks, no problems. I learned my lesson there.

Quick Reply: Racing House Halo's are leakers...