2004 - 2008 F-150

Help...dealer did a lousy leater seat install...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help...dealer did a lousy leater seat install...

As part of the package when I bought my truck was to replace the drivers side seat pad and leather cover on the bottom. They ordered the parts from Ford and went to get replaced today. they picked me up at my work and I was immediately dissapointed. I need to take pictures, but console side of the seat wasn't attached properly, I could pull the cover right back and lift the seat pad. Then if you reached in between the seat back and seat pad you could feel it was attached correctly. Not to mention the seat cover didn't look situated just right.

I drove back and my friends who's the owner/salesperson was with another customer and the mechanic who tried to this in the first place came out to try and fix it to no avail. I want it done right, as it is they didn't even remove the seat to do the install. Part of the reason imo it's so crappy. I'm waiting to hear back from my friend (or should I say aquaintence) about this problem. I don't want to send it back to dealer and have them half *** it because the mechanic doesn't want his pride hurt.

I was thinking of attempting to correct this myself, but I haven't found any good posts that detail the removal of the seat and replacement of the pad. I found plenty of threads saying the install was completed but none that show the process. Any help?

Old 02-21-2007, 09:30 PM
I did my own oem leather seat cover swap and it came out great. I would just look for a reputable upholstery shop in town and have them do it and Ford pay for it..Not taking the seat out is a half *** job as you can tell..

Last edited by Tuff4rd; 02-21-2007 at 09:42 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:50 PM
Thanks. Problem is trying to find an upholstery shop in Central Massachusetts. I just did a search and came up with 3 places fairly close (20 radius). I just remembered there's a classic car restoration place at the bottom of my street. I'm going to stop by there as well and see what they have to say.

I can't stand this. I obsess over things like this. My wife is already mad at me for being grumpy.

Last edited by goldmember; 02-21-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Dealer fixed it for me. Went to New England Trim today and they removed the seat added even a little bit more side bolstering to the seat. Feels like a seat instead of a bench now and got the cover on nice and snug. $85 and the dealer called them on the phone and paid via a credit card. Very happy. Glad I didn't have to tackle that one myself.

Old 02-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Glad it worked out for you, bud!

Old 02-22-2007, 01:14 PM
Me too! Next up is tint and exhaust.

Old 02-22-2007, 01:16 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Does this mean that your aquaintence has been upgraded back to friend?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
Glad everything got fixed, i hate it when people dont do their job right and other people suffer because of them, Where's the pictures of before and after?

Old 02-22-2007, 01:34 PM
I'll only have after pictures. I was to disgusted/aggravated last night and then today it got fixed. Went straight from work to the upholsterer, never had a chance for the camera. But I can take a picture of my previous seat cover vs. the new one.

Quick Reply: Help...dealer did a lousy leater seat install...