2004 - 2008 F-150

40/20/40 Console-What goes in there?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
40/20/40 Console-What goes in there?

I've had my truck for a month and a half, and I cant figure out what array of goods are supposed to go in the curved slots, and niches.

Anybody know what this engineer was thinking regarding usage of these slots?

I have CD storage overhead in the bins-although I cant believe Ford is convinced that CD Storage is a feature. IPOD Dock would be a feature.

P.S. I have lost a pen in one, and have to fish it out.

Last edited by SuperSlabCab; 02-17-2007 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 08:58 AM
In the center console, you should have a place for coins and business cards. On the lid the slots are for pens and a tissue box.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Then in the center of the lower bin is a nice place to "dump" all of your other stuff. That way it's easy to find exactly what you're looking for -- what ever it is it will be at the absolute bottom of that pile when you're traveling down the road at 65 mph.......

Seriously, Ford should have made some different compartments down in there instead of just making it a big, black, bottomless cavern.......

Old 02-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by ddellwo
Then in the center of the lower bin is a nice place to "dump" all of your other stuff. That way it's easy to find exactly what you're looking for -- what ever it is it will be at the absolute bottom of that pile when you're traveling down the road at 65 mph.......

Seriously, Ford should have made some different compartments down in there instead of just making it a big, black, bottomless cavern.......
lol....I just cleaned mine out 2 days ago. Found every store receipt I ever got since owning the truck in there!

Old 02-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Ok, I did the Kleenex 'Mod', and the Business Card 'Mod', but the Pen 'Mod' is bogus.

The plastic lip is too thick for the pen clip, and the slot above to accept a pen going straight in, you have to **** the pen sideways-AND-there is a pen in there sideways and out of reach.

I'll have to get some forceps to get it out.

Clipping the pen on the outside is not right either, the lid is curved in and the pen is straight.

Then in the lower portion, I think I made out the spot for CD's and Cassette Tapes. That's so 'Way Forward'-How did they miss 8-Track and Reel-to-Reel?

Last edited by SuperSlabCab; 02-17-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperSlabCab
Then in the lower portion, I think I made out the spot for CD's and Cassette Tapes. That's so 'Way Forward'-How did they miss 8-Track and Reel-to-Reel?

OMG! LOFL!!!!

Yeah, the bottom of the lid is a joke. What a complete waste of storage, ALTHOUGH I did think it was ingenious the way they made those two little coin holders on the console bottom just behind the cup holders. They put two small pieces of foam on the lid so when the lid closes the foam rests inside those coin holders preventing any coins in there from rattling around. Every thing else in the console is wasted though.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:10 PM
When I was at the Autoshow last week I sat in a a SuperDuty and inside the console it had a tray about 3/4 the size of the consoles area and went about 1/4 of the way into the console. It just rested right under the lid.

Has anyone else seen this or have one?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:24 PM
I think ingenious is a little generous for foam. Definitely a Bean Counter Mod.

"Hey Look at Me! I'm taking the only successful brand the company has, and undermining it with my desire to be noticed by the boss, for a cheap fix that solves the answer to other trucks in the segment!"

Its been years since I could use coins to get gas.

Coins dont get it with my "F" stands for "Fill it up again" 150.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Ford didn't add in storage compartments, they dropped the ball. Ford added compartments under the lid, they dropped the ball. Maybe they should have added organizational compartments to the console and not the lid, that way we could all moan about how the console compartments are good for nothing and the lid is too plain. I could see it now if they put put compartments in the bottom, everyone would be cutting them out to get a big gaping hole. I'm ok with mine, except I think they should of made it big enough for a bowling ball bag to fit with a hot plate, then I'd have no complaints. Nothing worse than bowling with cold *****

I'm still trying to figure out what I need to do to the with the console, right now it seems the assortment of my junk that gets dumped in there has no possible way of being organized. Papers, receipts, napkins, cables, cd's, license plate #'s of idiots, etc. All beter in there than on the floor.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Good place for a sub?

Old 02-18-2007, 08:19 AM
I'm searching for a 12v coffee pot and tiny microwave oven to fit in my center compartment...

Seriously though, I was wondering what the clip thing on the inside of the lid was for myself. I slid a CD case in there, thinking that it was a strange location for a CD holder. When I opened it back up, the CD case was at the bottom of the compartment anyway.

Old 02-18-2007, 10:06 AM
The top of the lid is where all my spare change goes when i have a full truck of kids .... and the bottom has every $50 gas receipt...

Old 02-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Seriously,

What goes on the left?

I have the business cards, the Kleenex, could it be for a map?

Quick Reply: 40/20/40 Console-What goes in there?