2004 - 2008 F-150

Travis at KCAutosound is da man!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travis at KCAutosound is da man!!!

just got done placing an order for my remote start/alarm, what a stand up guy!!! he called me on his day off while with his family!!!!! i wish we had vendors like him on our forums more often.. as soon as i sent payment while on the phone he emailed me complete and detailed instructions for the Code Alarm CA670.. what a deal and it is pre-wired by him... man i cant wait to recieve this thing and install it.. if anyone is looking for a great guy to deal with and some kick a$$ prices check out his website: www.kcautosound.com
a big to you Travis for your help!!!!

Old 02-10-2007, 08:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's because you paid for his vacation LOL only kidding, this guy sounds like a standup man I hope I can afford to deal with him soon! Why is the 680 coming with a subpar remote compared to the 670 and what are the differences between the two (major differences). What did you pay for your 670?

Last edited by Josiah; 02-10-2007 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:36 PM
I just ordered too, Travis was an awesome guy!
Something like under 3 bills for ca-670 plus the no key remote start module.

Great guy, but I havent received any instuctions yet, but then again Im not in any rush.

Will do business again from him in the future!!

Old 02-11-2007, 12:26 AM
I've purchased quite a few alarm/starter systems from Travis for myself and for my buddies plus a couple navigation systems, amps, speakers, sound deadning, undercar light kit even a Phillips flat screen tv and recently a set of Boston Acoustics home speakers he had shipped to me. Cool guy. He offers more than his site has on it. Guess he's been working on it for a bit. Don't know how he does it. He's the Lead installer for Ford Accessory Division in Kansas City during the day and then runs his business after 4:30 and on the weekends. On top of that he's a first time father of a 10 month old baby boy. Got quite a bit on his plate...lol

Around November of last year my buddy and I traveled to Kansas City to join Travis to check out the USACi World Stereo Competition. He took us around to meet some of the big name guys and show us some of the new products. He then got us VIP passes to the afterparty at the top penthouse suite at the Radison in downtown KC. Drinks were high but he took care of my friend and I all night. Wouldn't take no for an answer. Guy was cool as hell. Party was too. Awesome dj and then they broke out with the wet t-shirt contest. Lets just say....when the clothes got wet....they came off...lol.

Our actual reason we went to KC was to have Travis work on my buddies 2006 STX and for me to pick up my TV. He installed a Code Alarm CA670 with Car-Link module, stereo and speakers, factory cruise control, power windows and power door locks all in about four hours. Took longer than that for me to do just the CA670 the first time. His attention to detail and years of installation knowledge shows in his work. He is a master of the art of true customer service. A dying breed today. Will go out of his way to make sure you are done right. Thats why I keep coming back.

The only reason I even go to a local shop or home video store is to check out the product. Then I give Travis a call. I hit him up today about some accessories for my wifes ipod and a new phone for the house. He's got me covered.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:41 AM
Suspended
Man, I wonder if I am cursed?

I heard only good things about Troyer, then I get trampled and forgotten by them when I had a problem. I followed up multiple times, and finally gave up.

With Travis I thought he was great upfront, then I had some SERIOUS issues and he said he would get back to me, and didn't. I tried a few times leaving VMs with no return.

Then recently I had a newer problem, left a VM...got no call.

I guess it's just my luck (or lack there of....)

Old 02-11-2007, 01:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Man, I wonder if I am cursed?

I heard only good things about Troyer, then I get trampled and forgotten by them when I had a problem. I followed up multiple times, and finally gave up.

With Travis I thought he was great upfront, then I had some SERIOUS issues and he said he would get back to me, and didn't. I tried a few times leaving VMs with no return.

Then recently I had a newer problem, left a VM...got no call.

I guess it's just my luck (or lack there of....)
Sounds like we have about the same luck

Old 02-11-2007, 01:40 AM
damn man. sorry to hear about your bad experience. I know he's been slammed. Told me today that he's been averaging 4 to 6 starters a day with Ford then workin till 10 to midnight on peoples cars after work. Would imagine that cramps his time getting ahold of people sometimes. I do know awhile back he was down with Pneumonia for a bit. It was hard getting ahold of him back then.

Not trying to make excuses for him but just can't imagine him behing a bad guy. He kinda opened up to me today and said that the increase in business, full-time employment with Ford and family life have stressed him to max. I'm sure your issue has just slipped his mind. I've had to call him and remind him about something I was looking to get before. I am supposed to call him tomarrow with some model numbers of some ipod stuff my wife wants. I'll drop your name in his ear so he can get to ya.

Last edited by DirtyDoggT; 02-11-2007 at 01:44 AM.
Old 02-11-2007, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
It's because you paid for his vacation LOL only kidding, this guy sounds like a standup man I hope I can afford to deal with him soon! Why is the 680 coming with a subpar remote compared to the 670 and what are the differences between the two (major differences). What did you pay for your 670?
i honestly dont know the differences between the 680 and the 670.. you have a PM..

Old 02-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Originally Posted by Hostile03SVT
i honestly dont know the differences between the 680 and the 670.. you have a PM..
I bought the CA680 remote from Travis and programmed it to the CA670 brain. I have reverted back to the CA670 remote. Reason being that the 680 remote is big as hell. It was just a big lump in my pocket that drove me nuts. The difference between the two is the remote. The brain itself is the same. 670 has a car on the screen and has little icons that light up on it to show when the vehicle is locked, unlock, running, alarm going off, vehicle temperature and other functions where the remote for the 680 give out a text readout of the functions. I actually like the 670 remote better and have been carrying for quite sometime. I've dropped it countless times and yet it still keeps on working. I don't even know what I did with the 680 remote. It's laying around somewhere....lol

Old 02-11-2007, 02:24 AM
Originally Posted by DirtyDoggT
I bought the CA680 remote from Travis and programmed it to the CA670 brain. I have reverted back to the CA670 remote. Reason being that the 680 remote is big as hell. It was just a big lump in my pocket that drove me nuts. The difference between the two is the remote. The brain itself is the same. 670 has a car on the screen and has little icons that light up on it to show when the vehicle is locked, unlock, running, alarm going off, vehicle temperature and other functions where the remote for the 680 give out a text readout of the functions. I actually like the 670 remote better and have been carrying for quite sometime. I've dropped it countless times and yet it still keeps on working. I don't even know what I did with the 680 remote. It's laying around somewhere....lol

lol thats right now i remember what he was telling me.. he has the same unit on his Excursion, but never uses it because of the fact that it feels like a pager in his pocket or a cell phone... haha yea its a lumpy situation with that thing..

Old 02-11-2007, 02:29 AM
Is that a 680 remote in your pocket or are you happy to see me. If I had never had the 670 remote then I probably would have just thought nothing of it with the 680 remote size. I mean it is cool. The text deal is pretty neat. You can even customize the messages to say stuff like YOUR RIDE or anything. But it's higher priced too.

Last edited by DirtyDoggT; 02-11-2007 at 02:37 AM.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:59 AM
Travis is a great guy...glad to see he is still getting plenty of business.

Mark, again...I think you need to call until you get him on the phone. He'll help you.

About the 680 remote...I don't think it's that big and it works great. I like being able to read what's going on with the alarm instead of guessing what the icon means. lol Also, I like the rubber surround the 680 has...it has saved my remote a few times when dropped.

Old 02-13-2007, 02:53 AM
I thought he was great for the install help and such, but when I emailed him with some questions a couple months later, I got nothing. I was kind of put-off by that. I didn't try again, so maybe he just didn't get/see the email.

Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 AM
I just put an order in for the CA670 and the bypass unit. He's running a good deal right now, where you get the pre-wire for free. That saves $25 bucks!.

I'll let you know my experience here shortly. I have emailed him a couple times and both times I received a timely response, so, so far so good.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:47 PM

Quick Reply: Travis at KCAutosound is da man!!!