2004 - 2008 F-150

Travis at KCAutosound is da man!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I broke down and ordered the CA-670 from Travis. It came this week and I installed it today. It took me about 7 hours from start to finish, but I did solder and shrink wrap every connections, so that took a majority of the time...over-kill I know, but at least I know the wiring isnt going to go anywhere.

I love the system, the instructions were pretty clear, and couldn't be happier.

I do have one question though...does anyone know of a way to get the heated seats to come on when I start the truck? Could I tie into the wire used for the rear defrost? Any thoughts?

Old 03-04-2007, 12:42 AM
Ask Travis. I'm sure he would know the answer. You could probably use one of the extra outputs if there are any. The only thing is you wouldn't want them coming on in the summer if you remote start. Maybe you could add a switch on the output?

Old 03-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Has anyone used an 'ebay' install Cd with video or pictures? Is this comparable to what Travis sells. I found a CA670 locally from a guy who didn't want to go tackling the job himself.

Now I see that Travis sells the alarm with specific installation and illustrations which I would feel better about if I had. I can not buy the instrucitons now that I didnt buy the alarm from him.

Has anyone used the ebay guides such as item # 190095663045

Old 03-27-2007, 11:04 PM
His instructions are custom tailored to the way he prewires his systems. The basically tell you what wires to go to, what color they are, what they will do when testing them. But his systems are wired kind of a special way. There is alot of wiring that is not used on the CA670s. Also with the CA670 comes a lifetime warranty that Travis honors. Can't get that from a ebayer.

Quick Reply: Travis at KCAutosound is da man!!!