2004 - 2008 F-150

2007 Heated seats - How hot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 Heated seats - How hot?

Two weeks ago I bought a new 2007 KR 4X4, boy do I love this truck!

My question is around the seat heaters. How hot do they get? I turned mine on to the "hot" driver setting yesterday and by the time they turned off at the expiry of the 10-minute timer, I still couldn't even tell for sure if the seat was any warmer. I then turned the passenger one on high (no passenger) and felt it after about 5 minutes and it did not seem to be noticeably warmer either. It "might" have warmed up slightly, but if it did it sure was not obvious.

Are the Ford factory seat heaters just very cool? I did some searching and most posts on the heaters mention these things burning people's *****. Did they perhaps change something for 07 or are mine not working?

TIA everyone.. By the way, I have been browsing the forum for awhile but this is my first post. What a fantastic wealth of information this forum is!

Old 01-11-2007, 12:47 PM
I can't speak to the 07s but the 04s are hot. Now they only seem to work when you sit on them but it is hot enough that I usually turn mine off before the 10 minutes.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by BigFly10
Two weeks ago I bought a new 2007 KR 4X4, boy do I love this truck!

My question is around the seat heaters. How hot do they get? I turned mine on to the "hot" driver setting yesterday and by the time they turned off at the expiry of the 10-minute timer, I still couldn't even tell for sure if the seat was any warmer. I then turned the passenger one on high (no passenger) and felt it after about 5 minutes and it did not seem to be noticeably warmer either. It "might" have warmed up slightly, but if it did it sure was not obvious.

Are the Ford factory seat heaters just very cool? I did some searching and most posts on the heaters mention these things burning people's *****. Did they perhaps change something for 07 or are mine not working?

TIA everyone.. By the way, I have been browsing the forum for awhile but this is my first post. What a fantastic wealth of information this forum is!

I can't say for sure, but I just last week bought an 07 Mustang with heated seats, and I also couldn't tell if they worked....but my 05 F150 seats get HOT!!!....maybe it's a new thing.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My seats on 'High' get very hot....enough to where I turn them on the second setting. I don't like mine toasted.

Old 01-11-2007, 01:06 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
05' KR here... my seat heaters definitely warm up. You can have a couple of layers of clothing on with a jacket on and you'll feel it through those 3 or 4 layers once fully heated. On a 'half-way' cold day, with the seat heaters on high, it'll bascially force you to kick it down to the 'low' setting to avoid sweating.

The heat, certainly, isn't instant. It's more of a gradual warm up -- as you obviously know. That said, I'm not sure if they changed some spec from 05 to 07 (somewhere in there) or if you have a faulty system.

Can you tell if it's heating up at all? Any resemblance of warmth?

If not, I think that system runs on one fuse -- you might double check that. Further, you might look under the seat to ensure that all connections have been 'clicked' together from assembly as it may have been a shift-change truck. *shrugs*

Beyond that, you could take a meter and check the plug to see if it's getting juice.... after that, I'd say it's the stealership for a warranty check-out.

G'luck!

Old 01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone.

Based on what I am hearing, either Ford changed something in the 07's or mine aren't working.

There "seems" like there might be some warmth coming from the seat, but then again the truck is also warming up on the inside and me sitting on the seat will warm it up too, so it could very well just be that. Put it this way - it's certainly not obvious. And this is on the high heat setting.

I was thinking my next step would be to check the fuse. One thing I forgot to mention is that the "indicator" lights are working - are they powered from the same fuse as the seat heater?

If the fuse seems to be fine, I think it's off to the dealership I go.

If anybody with a 2007 that's used their seat heaters could chime in, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again everyone.

Old 01-11-2007, 05:44 PM
The 10 minute shutoff on the F150 seat heaters sucks. I like to keep mine hot until I am ready to shut it off.

Trending Topics

Old 01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
can you get these installed after purchase?

Old 01-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by bw1128
can you get these installed after purchase?
Anything can be done with the right amount of $ and ingenuity. Heck, I'll bicycle my way to your house to install something that will heat your trucks' seats for the right amount of money... .. I don't think I've heard of anyone installing these as aftermarket though...

Old 01-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, I tried the seat heaters again for an extended period of time about an hour ago. I definitely think they ARE working, but they they're certainly not hot. Not only that but they're JUST starting to warm up at the time of the first 10-minute kickout and I can notice no difference between the high and the low setting.

I love the new truck but these heated seats are disappointing. My other vehicle is a Nissan Maxima and the consensus on maxima.org is that the heated seats in this car are not very good, but I can tell you they work better than my F-150.

Again, if anybody else with an 07 who has tried their heated seats could chime in, that might be very helpful to me. Based on what I have read on this site about how hot these seats are, I suspect that Ford must have changed something in the 07's.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Anything can be done with the right amount of $ and ingenuity. Heck, I'll bicycle my way to your house to install something that will heat your trucks' seats for the right amount of money... ..
I don't think I've heard of anyone installing these as aftermarket though.

I have aftermarket heaters in my truck, I installed them with the leather conv... They work great.. don't cut off in 10 minites like oem... as to heating, they have toast and roast... LOL .. I mean low and high...

heres the company
http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html
same here with better pricing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heate...spagenameZWDVW

Old 01-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by vader716
I can't speak to the 07s but the 04s are hot. Now they only seem to work when you sit on them but it is hot enough that I usually turn mine off before the 10 minutes.
Same

Old 01-11-2007, 10:40 PM
Moderator &

Originally Posted by F150Truck'in
I have aftermarket heaters in my truck, I installed them with the leather conv... They work great.. don't cut off in 10 minites like oem... as to heating, they have toast and roast... LOL .. I mean low and high...

heres the company
http://www.heatedseatkits.com/heatedseatkits/index.html
same here with better pricing
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Heate...spagenameZWDVW

I stand corrected.

Nice mod.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:08 AM
My 06 heated seats are defiantly an **** burner. Level 2 gets smokin hot

Old 01-12-2007, 01:20 PM
I have a 07' Lariat and the seat heaters work fine. They heat up pretty quick on either setting, and get plenty hot. I would take your truck back to the dealer and have them look at it.

Quick Reply: 2007 Heated seats - How hot?