2004 - 2008 F-150

Want some Fender Vents

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Want some Fender Vents

I've been looking for fender vents for my '04 SCrew, and these are the two that i think look the best - the one from the '07 Cadillac EXT

they have some better shots on their web site:

http://www.cadillac.com/cadillacjsp/...=ext&year=2007

Or the Land Rover

PLEASE don't be goin on about putting GM or Landrover equipment on our Ford being sacrilidge - It's not like i'm putting Lighning or Harley emblems on my truck and trying to imitate something i'm not.

Either Vote or find me something better. Steeda doesn't sell the ones off of their silver F150 (the one that looks like the shoudabeen '06 Lightning), and i don't care for 3dcarbons fender vents. Looking for a set that's funcitonal.

Mahalo for your comments, or hopefully suggestions

Old 09-01-2006, 04:47 AM
I like the Rovers better. What purpose do those vents serve anyway, pull heat from the engine compartment?

Doesn't Ford own Land Rover?

Last edited by EDGEonSTEROIDS; 09-01-2006 at 04:51 AM.
Old 09-01-2006, 06:14 AM
cervinis or however the hell you spell it now sells fender vents thag look just like the lightning concept. Most of the rednecks don't like this kind of mod around here tho. they would rather see a bug deflector, running boards, moon visors, lifts, big tires, chrome etc etc etc.

Old 09-01-2006, 06:26 AM
i like them. and yes ford owns land rover.

get ones like the land rover. i like the 3d carbon ones. i thought they were the same ones as the steeda truck

Old 09-01-2006, 06:30 AM
Suspended
I say try and find the "Lightning-like" ones as mentioned above, -or- go with the ones from the Ranger Rover. The ones on the Ranger Rover would go VERY well with the lines of the F150 IMO...and although I do like the leveurs(sp? but that's what they are called..lol) on the EXT, but I don't think it would look right on the F150.

Please keep us posted, I'm interested in how this turns out.

Old 09-01-2006, 08:28 AM
Old 09-01-2006, 01:20 PM
I'm looking for functional (let's air flow through) to help out with the heat under the hood. With the intercooler, ac radiator, trans radiator, oil radiator, and oh yea, the engine radiator, it gets real hot fairly quick. Pulling air in with 2 16" electric fans, i just figure the more ways out the better. Besides - i think they look good too

I shot an email to cervin - cannot tell if their vent is functional or not.

I really appreciate all the feedback - tks!

tom

Old 09-01-2006, 03:24 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Banzai83
I'm looking for functional (let's air flow through) to help out with the heat under the hood. With the intercooler, ac radiator, trans radiator, oil radiator, and oh yea, the engine radiator, it gets real hot fairly quick. Pulling air in with 2 16" electric fans, i just figure the more ways out the better. Besides - i think they look good too

I really appreciate all the feedback - tks!

tom
Functional vents do work on the highway.In city traffic and at idle there is no airflow so you won't see any drop in engine temps.I have functional vents on one of my hotrods and on the highway it runs 4*- 5* cooler than my other car that doesn't have vents.Both cars are almost identical except for the vents.
Sorry

Old 09-01-2006, 04:03 PM
I vote for Land Rover

Old 09-01-2006, 04:58 PM
just a thought... do you think it would be possible to put a small electric fan behind the grill to blow air out??

Old 09-01-2006, 09:33 PM
the Steeda ones are not functional. in fact i think they look the worst of the bunch.

Old 09-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally Posted by styxnpicks
cervinis or however the hell you spell it now sells fender vents thag look just like the lightning concept. Most of the rednecks don't like this kind of mod around here tho. they would rather see a bug deflector, running boards, moon visors, lifts, big tires, chrome etc etc etc.

WTF you got against them thangs?

Old 09-12-2006, 10:31 PM
tom
any update if the Cervini's is functional... or just for good looks?

Old 09-13-2006, 03:09 AM
They just look good.

Bought the Land Rover vents - just need to get up the guts to let someone cut up my fender now! Or better yet - try it myself!!

Any ideas? Roto Zip/grinding wheel with water running over the surface to keep the heat down? How would i make a template that would take the fender curve into account?

Anyone in Hawaii have a fender that i can practice on?

tom

Old 09-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
They just look good.

Bought the Land Rover vents - just need to get up the guts to let someone cut up my fender now! Or better yet - try it myself!!

Any ideas? Roto Zip/grinding wheel with water running over the surface to keep the heat down? How would i make a template that would take the fender curve into account?

Anyone in Hawaii have a fender that i can practice on?
tom
When I installed the fender vents on my car(pic in post#8)I used a cutting wheel.I put a few layers of masking tape over the area I was cutting and traced the template onto the masking tape.When I started cutting I didn't try to go to deep too fast.I didn't want to get it too hot and melt the paint outside of my cutline.So I didn't want to keep the grinder on one spot too long.Keep working your way around the cut line gradually,once you get the outline cut about 1/2 way deep through the fender it should be safe to cut the rest of the way through.To be safe you can stop and let it cool as you feel necessary.
Cutting holes in your fenders may not be for the faint of heart,but I was a shipfitter/ironworker for several years so I have logged many many hours grinding and cutting so it wasn't too bad for me.If your not skilled or comfortable with a grinder, you may want to have someone else do it for you.

Quick Reply: Want some Fender Vents