2004 - 2008 F-150

Best Sounding Exhaust/Setup???

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Sounding Exhaust/Setup???

Hey fellas,
I had a 40 series flow welded in place of stock muffler on my 04 xlt and loved it. Now that I have the 06 FX4, debating on what to do. I want all sound and if i lose a bit of power, thats alright.(will eventually get an edge) if i wanted power/speed, would buy a vette. looking to outdo the sound of the 2 Rams that live near me. Thanks in advance!!

Old 05-07-2006, 11:31 PM
If you want loud I would recommend IMCO Extreme or Pro-Series. I have the Pro-Series Dual exhaust on my 4.6 and it is sweet. Check out the sound clips at
www.grabthepower.com

they offer exhaust systems for just about any vehicle and they sound greeat.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:37 PM
Roush Off Road style exhaust. Here's a sound clip of mine before the supercharger install...

Roush Off Road Exhaust

Old 05-07-2006, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
True Dual Magnaflows here....i like the sound. I originally had true duals straight piped but that was loud...very loud. The maggie is about where i like it. I have some clips if ya want to hear them just ask.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:46 PM
You wont out do the Rams, trust me. At least not with sound, but one heard my exhaust right in his ear yesterday when I creaped past him from a red light. hahaha

Old 05-07-2006, 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by cobraman302
You wont out do the Rams, trust me. At least not with sound, but one heard my exhaust right in his ear yesterday when I creaped past him from a red light. hahaha
Ohhh i bet true dual straight pipes would give it a run for its money. Im telling ya guys, she was LOUD.

Old 05-08-2006, 02:06 AM

I think I have one of the loudest setups here, I have the single chamber Flowmaster with no rear cats, it's pretty damn loud and finally competes with the chevy's. I've been through several exhausts, the 18" Magnaflow wasn't cutting it. You'll lose performance with your Flowmasters but you gain a lot back with no cats (you have an 06 so you have only 2 large cats). You can purchase a device that will fool your sensors into thinking there are cats on them but I can't recall the name of them.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:02 AM
Originally Posted by 05RoushMarkLT
Roush Off Road style exhaust. Here's a sound clip of mine before the supercharger install...

Roush Off Road Exhaust
I have a Magnaflow 18" and I love the fact that I have no interior drone and no loss in power but its not loud enough on the outside for me. How much drone do you have with this setup? Any loss in power or low end?

Old 05-08-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I think I have one of the loudest setups here, I have the single chamber Flowmaster with no rear cats, it's pretty damn loud and finally competes with the chevy's. I've been through several exhausts, the 18" Magnaflow wasn't cutting it. You'll lose performance with your Flowmasters but you gain a lot back with no cats (you have an 06 so you have only 2 large cats). You can purchase a device that will fool your sensors into thinking there are cats on them but I can't recall the name of them.
o2 simulators

Old 05-08-2006, 08:59 AM
IMCO mufflers are outstanding. Great sound and no power loss with SI/DO. I have the Elite series SI/DO and with the silencer removed on my 4.6 it sounds great. No interior drone either. If you want alot of sound go with the extreme series.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by GA FX4
I have a Magnaflow 18" and I love the fact that I have no interior drone and no loss in power but its not loud enough on the outside for me. How much drone do you have with this setup? Any loss in power or low end?
i've got the roush offroad too- i absolutely love it- its loud, and turns heads for sure- as for power, i have not experienced any loss, if anything it seems a bit more eager to get up and going- better flow-
as for drone, if you hold the pedal at roughly 2k rpm and around 4200, you get a drone. other than that, its really pretty manageable took a 500 mile trip and never once had a problem with the noise...cd/mp3 works great!

Justin

Old 05-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Does it have as much drone as the Flowmaster? I'm interested to know more about that Corsa exhaust too!

Old 05-08-2006, 05:17 PM
I ordered the roush off road exhaust a couple days ago. give me about a week and I'll let you know how it sounds and I will try to get some sound clips on here as well.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Joe_STX
IMCO mufflers are outstanding. Great sound and no power loss with SI/DO. I have the Elite series SI/DO and with the silencer removed on my 4.6 it sounds great. No interior drone either. If you want alot of sound go with the extreme series.
Originally Posted by stylinf150
If you want loud I would recommend IMCO Extreme or Pro-Series. I have the Pro-Series Dual exhaust on my 4.6 and it is sweet. Check out the sound clips at
www.grabthepower.com

they offer exhaust systems for just about any vehicle and they sound greeat.
I have the IMCO hotrod muffler under my 04. I personally thing that it is too quite. It sounds nice, but just too quite. I had the muffler shop try all of the IMCO mufflers that they had in stock and the hotrod was the loudest that they had, maybe they didn't have the extreme on hand when I was there. But now I am looking at getting the rear 2 cats cut off like Josiah did.

Hey Josiah, could you post a sound clip or two of you truck?? Maybe a before and after if you have it?? Thanks!!

Old 05-08-2006, 05:45 PM
Here is mine with sound clips. Sounds real nice.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=239389

Quick Reply: Best Sounding Exhaust/Setup???