2004 - 2008 F-150

Dealership said it couldn't be done!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trueblue06crew
I took of my door panel to see if connection for keypad was there sure enough it was
I also was told by the service advisor at the dealership no there is no connection for it.
Do you have an XL or XLT??

Old 07-01-2009, 08:00 PM
This is an old thread but it is applicable to me right now so here goes. I went to see the dealer and the parts manager told me that I have to replace the entire door if I want keyless entry. My 2006 XLT SuperCab has remote entry with the FOB and I have the card with the Keyless entry system code on it. I asked for the harness and was told that Ford does not sell the harness anymore. He said if I want keyless entry I have to buy the wireless keypad for $85. I am looking on line for the harness and handle. The part number that I was given is 6L3Z-1522405-AB. I was told that both the handle and keypad are included in this part. Is that correct?

Old 07-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Sounds like a load of BS from your dealer. You don't need the harness, the connector should be tucked in behind the handle. A number of people have done this mod. I did this on a 2004 XLT SuperCrew. Bought the handle with/keypad and plugged it in. Took the TSB that you can find on this website to the dealer to reprogram. Some people just plug it in and it works. There are some earlier models that the dealer has to reprogram to get the keypad to work. Im not sure about the part number.

Good luck. I loved this mod! I never have to worry about locking my keys in the truck. I love it when I go camping or backpacking, just throw the keys in and lock it, dont have to worry about losing keys on the trail.

Tom

Old 07-02-2009, 04:08 PM
Here is another good thread on this subject:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...-new-body.html

Old 09-23-2009, 02:53 AM
please help!! i have a 09 f150 stx which came with an access code in glove box but ! no keypad on door. although my truck has keyless remotes that work the door OEM keypad i installed dont do squat ! nothing no lites notta!! dealer said the computer didnt find the controll mod so now what do i do? the say on here it can and has been done but how?...... reward offerd

Old 12-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I've got a question. Did the neat little deal to my truck yesterday. Got it installed, everything was working great right until the point when i tried to unlock it with the keypad. It did nothing. It lights up, i can lock it with 7/8-9/0, but when i put my code it, it does nothing. I know i have the right code because i have the wireless keypad that the battery had died/doesn't work sometimes, but then does sometimes. Any sugguestions on where to start or do i need to take it to the dealership? Could it be that my wireless one is still near the truck and that is why it isn't working. I did disconnect the battery before i plugged it in. Let me know. Thanks!

Old 12-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Are you using the RIGHT Code????

DON'T use the Wireless Code, Use the Ford Code that should be in the Manual!!

Old 02-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Wow, I almost forgot about this thread. I see that some people are still getting some use out of it.

Old 02-04-2010, 06:53 PM
Great thread OP....yeah the dealer also told me that you couldn't install the floor shifter in my old regular cab truck when I went in to order the parts. Didn't get half the sentence out of my mouth when the guy said "Can't be done!" Just told the guy to order the parts and paid in cash. Guess what??? Less than a week later I had a working floor shifter in my truck thanks to all the great help from the guys on this site.

Last edited by shookman34; 02-04-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by cddavis
Wow, I almost forgot about this thread. I see that some people are still getting some use out of it.
I just read this thread from page 1 to my posting. I am in the same boat. Bought handles from a '07 FX4 with keypad, installed everything, no juice. Pulled rear seat ( kinda a PITA! ) and verified I had the BSM and a 5 itig code on it, which I do and it does, and it matches the card in my owners manual )

So it looks like the next step is off to the dealership, with the instructions on post #49 printed in hand to have it activated. Once I get this operable, I'll pull the keypad handle and take the others down to get painted & re-install all.

Thanks!

btw, my truck's build date is April '04. 2004 XLT Supercab.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well since my previous posting, my misfortune continues. Dealership said they could not find any module to activate for keyless entry handle.. Guess I may need to purchase a module from a keyless entry door pad truck.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
Well since my previous posting, my misfortune continues. Dealership said they could not find any module to activate for keyless entry handle.. Guess I may need to purchase a module from a keyless entry door pad truck.
Darren, see my post under YOUR thread.

Quick Reply: Dealership said it couldn't be done!