2004 - 2008 F-150

4wd Lariat Trailriding Video

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's funny the amount of people not willing to wheel these trucks.

Great Video. The whole bank situation was sketchy and wouldn't have done it but thats cool.

This is why I am thinking of putting a Tru-Track in front. You have a lot of people running on 35's around here because they will never try to stuff one all the way in the fender. As soon as I get my lift and everything I will get some pictures from The Badlands ORV park and me offroading (Oh, the horror).

Its wierd how steep angles and terrain features just don't show on pictures or video. I have taken some pictures of my other rig in some nasty places and they just don't convey the situation at all.

Old 02-20-2006, 07:46 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Josiah
Treehuggers will be everywhere in this thread's future. How do you think this trail was made. This is not a marked trail, it only lives because of word of mouth.

04 F-150 Wheeling. (slight profanity warning)
What's the song on that?

Old 02-20-2006, 07:50 PM
well for one this is f150online.com not breakeverythingonyourf150goingoffroad.com

a slight bit of sarcasm there. However I hope you catch my drift. Also the majority of people who are offroading are in vehicles that are older than 2 years and who's warranty's are gone. Therefore in this sub-section 2004-2006 your not going to find many trailriders. My plan for my truck is to pretty much make it a mall cruiser. Yes it will still have capabilities to take some back country roads if need be or down the muddy trail to get to my tree stand but that's the way I want it. So should I come on a trucks website and read that it's uncool if i don't bash my truck through trees ir total it going down an embankment? no

Alot of people buy trucks to beat the hell out of them and at the end of the day call it a truck. Which is fine. However, when I think to myself do I really want to take my truck which I personally spent more than I should of on a vehicle offroad to only bring the value of it down more? HECK NO! I think your going to find most people in that boat too, hence the little actual offroaders in this section. So look at it both ways before you get all hasty towards guys who are modding there trucks to fit them.

dude i've been there

One reason why I'm NOT taking my truck trail riding. I spent soooo much money and time repairing my jeep when I was in the jeep club going trailriding all the time. Parts only get more expensive moving to full-size trucks. Therefore the average person may understand that they cannot afford to replace a water-logged tranny that ford won't cover because you took it through a mudhole. So to all the haters of the guys who don't take there new trucks trailriding

p.s. jeeps ARE awsome. and no I never needed a v8 truck to pull me out. However I usually would pass v8 trucks who couldn;t get up cliffs that I walked up on.

Last edited by StuckInMuck; 02-20-2006 at 09:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:45 PM
Nice video.
I wouldnt do that to my truck thow lol.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:57 PM
That was cool. Thanks. But i don't think that spotter when you were going up the hill would have done much.

Old 02-20-2006, 09:59 PM
Suspended
Pretty cool man, no reason to buy 4wd unless your going to use it.

Now, this is making me want to get out the camera and get some footage.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Pretty cool man, no reason to buy 4wd unless your going to use it.
agreed

at the same time though you can use 4wd in responsible ways

Old 02-20-2006, 10:04 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by StuckInMuck
at the same time though you can use 4wd in responsible ways
Yup, and Josiah looked pretty responsible out there in the video IMO.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Song was Billy Shot the Jukebox.

I really appreciate the comments. Bad enough I have to live with the scratches, but it's worse when everyone's bagging on ya for doing it to your truck (keyword is really hidden). Anyways, you guys seem like good sports and I'd love to wheel with most of you, regardless of what you'll try. I never pressure the guys because if I do and they roll, you probably won't survive if they do. I enjoy pushing the limits and it won't stop here, but I appreciate your concern (most of all, I understand it). I walked up that hill whereas the short wheelbase Jeep was so damn top heavy it came off its front wheels the first time. I outwheel that Jeep on occasion but he has me in mud (footprint) and in high centered situations. I'm hoping to change that, every truck he's had outwheeled me.

As for the clearbra, it's very pricey from what I remember (FTW posted a video from SEMA). I may be misconceiving the clearbra's price. In fact I hope I am. But if not, correct me with a quote for the sides and hood of the vehicle. I'd seriously consider it.

Thrill Racing, you are right, it's wierd. I do my best to capture it. I found if you zoom in from a distance it gets rid of the fisheye view and helps to better capture the steep angles of cliffs, hills, etc. Tilting your camera to compensate is a must.

I had deeply considered the truetrac and tried to gamble for it (I lost almost the entire price it would have cost). Needless to say I'm going to try it again, I have a better strategy. They didn't have my game the first time anyway (roullette). I'm on a mission, those truetracs are mine.

I washed my truck and boy are the scratches noticeable, but worth the fun. My girlfriend was frantically encouraging me to leave in the middle of the trail, it was getting too much for her to handle. She lost it on that waterside bank. The bank was sketchy and I pointed that out to the so-called spotters, I could have lost my truck

Old 02-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Yup, and Josiah looked pretty responsible out there in the video IMO.
Ok i agree to a certain extent. Yeah he definately didn't appear to be ragging on the truck mechanically. Flipping the car, welllll I wouldn't say that was the smartest thing I have seen. LMAO. The whole drive through the trees is what would have killed me! Even when I had my jeep I hated scratches! I would have it completely covered in mud inside and out yet still be able to clean it with no scratches (alot of wax before trail rides )

I wasn't even really directing my post towards josiah. Just everyone who was posting about there being no trailriders or mudboggers here.

p.s. I'm all for josiah going out and taking videos trail riding. I used to to the same thing. It's alot of fun. I'm just not in a position where I can afford damaging stuff or buying aftermarket goods to prevent breakage on my 150

Last edited by StuckInMuck; 02-20-2006 at 10:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 10:16 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Josiah
Song was Billy Shot the Jukebox.

I can't get that to save my life!

Old 02-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Suspended
Well, you might suprised how well this F-150s can hold up to some abuse. I have some crazy friends with 04+ F-150s, stock mind you who thrash their trucks and none of them have had anything break. If your going to take your truck out to the woods, you need to expect scratches. A lot of them can be avoided with a good coat of wax and just good driving but some can't. However, Black really isn't the best choice for anything you plan on taking out to the woods. Pretty much the reason why there isn't a Black F-150 sitting out in my driveway right now.

PS: The song is 'Bubba Shot the Jukebox' not 'Billy' haha

Old 02-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Well, you might suprised how well this F-150s can hold up to some abuse. I have some crazy friends with 04+ F-150s, stock mind you who thrash their trucks and none of them have had anything break. If your going to take your truck out to the woods, you need to expect scratches. A lot of them can be avoided with a good coat of wax and just good driving but some can't. However, Black really isn't the best choice for anything you plan on taking out to the woods. Pretty much the reason why there isn't a Black F-150 sitting out in my driveway right now.

PS: The song is 'Bubba Shot the Jukebox' not 'Billy' haha
True..

I already cleared a trail in my huntin' woods. So truck goes in and out with no scratches Just a hell of a lot of soupy *** clay/sand/everything mud.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:24 PM
Suspended
I really need to get a video of my friend in his 01 SCREW crossing this lake.

Old 02-20-2006, 10:25 PM
I really need to get a video of my friend in his 01 SCREW crossing this lake.
as long as he doesn't get any scratches I may be able to bear watching it

Quick Reply: 4wd Lariat Trailriding Video