2004 - 2008 F-150

EDGE Evolution intitial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 11:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by valenrandy
I'm sure there must be other guys out here with it also, have yall been able to improve yalls 0-60 times? I didn't bother today, I'm fine with it as is for now. One thing I have noticed, and this only happens between 42-45mph. When I go Wot anywhere between 42-45 it appears that it drops fast to 1st the just as fast trys to go basck to 2nd but very noticably misses or slips? As that happens the engine revs high then adfter 2-3 slips it grabs and goes. I really don like that and may be atributed to my shift firmness from 1-2@3points. It only does it at that speed when you punch it. Other than that all is well. You gurus out there I would like to get feedback from yall.
Raise your "Rev. Limiter" higher 100-200 rpms more for that 1-2 shift. What happens is the transmission doesnt shift quick enough and lets the engine "rev over" and creates that slip feeling, when really its bouncing off the rev limiter and then shifting.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:19 PM
damn...i just spent about an hour reading all these comments from page 1. I saw this forum and thought it wasnt going to be a big deal and now it has 11 pages in only a couple days so I started reading. I feel very impressed by this product and I think it has overpowered the xcal 2 that was in my wish list. I have a few questiosns:

Does anyone have a 2003+ Chevy Tahoe??? The trottle response is amazing on those SUVs and I was wondering if anyone could give a comparison. I hear this EDGE really helps the sh1tty throttle response in the stock setup.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has the tuner with a lifted truck with 35s. I hear bushtree has this setup and I am looking forward to the numbers. I am getting my lift soon and I think a tuner will really bring out the preformance.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:21 PM
saw where one of the beta testers got 20 MPG with the new tune...Wonder what mine would be...

On two seperate occassions I have gotten 20.5 with just duals and CAI....this is a 4x4 with 3.73 also...Don't think I could get any better than that....This is driving 70mph on 85 octane

Old 01-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I am a little confused about all the hype for the edge tuner, yet you have only seen a handful of posts on here giving their experience. I wonder if this new phenomenom was all that is cracked up to be.
I for one and I'm sure there are others that are not interested in what my vehicle will do at WOT. Some are still out for evaluation. Especially those that have to wait until the tank is almost empty to get the 93 octane. In the trans only, it's good. In the tow mode, it's great! Throttle response is much better, along with some good shift points. Some are having problems getting the proper program loaded for their vehicle.

Also, did anyone notice the post from the member that was first creating all the hoopla. I know everyone saw that he was selling it because he/she was afraid of voiding warranty, but in a post after that, he commented that this was the best tuner he has ever had...and he had had several before...so my question is...if he was concerned about warranty...we has he owned several tuners? Seems a little bizarre that someone could own several different tuners and not know the warranty implications...
Noticed and posted in the other threads my concerns. I would have bought this unit regardless as it has a very good rep with the oil burners. But I still have concerns about the use of this board to obtain a large group of buyers. And after reading some of the problems, and concerns posted about the unit, I wonder just how much "Beta testing" was really done. If the beta testers had been a well thought out cross section of 04-06 vehicles, I think many of the problems would have already been fixed. And I agree that Smeezy, the original poster child on this project, may have been a plant from Edge. First post stated he got the unit for free, later stated paid $100.00. Then after all orders are in, puts the unit up for sale for 300.00, with the excuse that he did not want to void warranty. I like the unit, and I am glad I bought it. I have no regrets. Just concerned that this website was used. If we are all "beta testers" to help in getting the bugs worked out, then it should have been approached that way. I will be more aware next time for sure.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
damn...i just spent about an hour reading all these comments from page 1. I saw this forum and thought it wasnt going to be a big deal and now it has 11 pages in only a couple days so I started reading. I feel very impressed by this product and I think it has overpowered the xcal 2 that was in my wish list. I have a few questiosns:

Does anyone have a 2003+ Chevy Tahoe??? The trottle response is amazing on those SUVs and I was wondering if anyone could give a comparison. I hear this EDGE really helps the sh1tty throttle response in the stock setup.

Also, I was wondering if anyone has the tuner with a lifted truck with 35s. I hear bushtree has this setup and I am looking forward to the numbers. I am getting my lift soon and I think a tuner will really bring out the preformance.

kickass....change the messages per page to 40 in your user options...then you only get 4 pages Doesn't seem like a big deal...but it is a lot less clicking....I was browsing through the group but to see what all the fuss was about and it was over 70 pages...changed my settings and it dropped to 25...

Old 01-04-2006, 11:31 PM
I still want to know if it wont be too risky if I put the WoT fuel at 2.00?

Also one big question, As I have read from the 7.3 and 6.0 guys, When they tuned their trucks they said the computer gas average started to be way off from what thwey calculate at the pump, is that the same here with our trucks?

BTW do yall think I can hang with my buds hemi???

Old 01-04-2006, 11:38 PM
this has probly already been covered but where did you all get your edge and the little craddle base thing?

Old 01-04-2006, 11:39 PM
Suspended
this has probly already been covered but where did you all get your edge and the little craddle base thing?
Truck Racing Parts and the pod is included wherever you buy it from. . .

I can't wait guys, I've read the manual twice already so Im ready to get this thing installed tomorrow!

Old 01-04-2006, 11:40 PM
from truckracingparts.com

how about my question/s? j/p

Old 01-04-2006, 11:42 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by valenrandy
from truckracingparts.com

how about my question/s? j/p
Im still waiting on my question about what I should set the octane at, if Im running high test and live in Central Florida!

Old 01-04-2006, 11:44 PM

kickass...

send me an email to runnerbl@aol.com

Central florida is over run with 93 octane, I move here from there and my car requires 93 to run right.

Bill

where did ASE Mechanic go?
remember, he was the edge engineer who posted the initial dyno results

Old 01-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Since getting the Edge yesterday, I ran mostly tune #2. I didn't realize that the default fuel octance is 91. I had 87 in my truck. I was concerned about the "ping" factor, having a 91 octane program running with 87 gas. But I never really heard any pinging whatsoever. I'm a mile high here in Denver and I'm hoping that what some have said in this post, (I believe it was billindenver), is correct, that with every 1000 ft. you can go up an octane grade. Anyways, I was really impressed with the additional power through the whole rpm range, however it still seems a bit unresponsive in the 1500-2000 rpm range, but much better than stock!

Now I've "spent" my 87 gas and I've loaded #3. I set the octane to 93, due to the altitude and I've got a tank of 91 octane. The lower end torque or grunt that I was getting with the #2 tune doesn't seem to be there as much with the performance tune. But, I was playing with the tune here on hwy. 6. I pulled onto the onramp and floored it and wow! Did I take off! I could never do that with my stock tune. My truck just screamed onto the highway. So sweet! I have yet to do 0-60's. I need to get out of the city and find a place I can do it without getting busted.

As far as taking a hemi. I'm tempted now. My son has an '04 quad hemi with 20's. I've driven it and it does haul a**. But, I just may have to challenge him to a duel. Hehe.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:51 PM
does anyone have any pics of their setup with the pod?

Quick Reply: EDGE Evolution intitial impressions