2004 - 2008 F-150

Remoe Start Help--Attn Sandog53..please

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2005, 02:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start Help--Attn Sandog53..please

I am going to buy and install myself a remote start on my wifes 03 Expi. My question is should I get the Ford version or the Code Alarm unit? Do the Ford Units come with instructions?

If I go Code Alarm I am probably going to go with the Code Alarm CA-530 from http://autoalarmpro.com/remote_car_starters I realize that I will have to also buy the Secure Lock bypass as well. The Expi has keyless entry with the light flash and horn honk when it locks, along with the rear glass pop. I would like to keep all those features and have a good quality remote start.

Sandog53, you seem to have a lot of knowledge in this area so I am hoping you could help me, along with any others.

Thanks!

Dave

Last edited by Deeve; 12-11-2005 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-11-2005, 03:45 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im interested as well.

Thanks,

Old 12-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The code alarm stuff is pretty good. If you dont want to go with the Ford unit the code is pretty much the same thing, except you can get a two way remote with the starter and alarm system. I know a guy here in kc that sells the code stuff and will pre wire them for the Ford Vehicles. He is pretty reasonable also. I will try and find the website for you guys. If someone wants to host the acrobat file of the new code instructions, then email me and I will give them to you. Thanks!!

Old 12-11-2005, 10:56 AM
That website would be great! ALso if youcould email me the Code Alarm instructions direct..I can't host them but would like a peek to see whats involved.

Thanks!
Dave

Old 12-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Okay, I found the website. www.kcautosound.com

Also, someone email me so we can get these directions hosted. Thanks!!

Old 12-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Looks good...good prices too, especially since they are pre-wired. Great Price on the PATS bypass too. Autoalarmpro was twice that for the same piece ( I believe it was the same part.)

thanks and hopefully someone can get the PDF hosted too.

Dave

Old 12-11-2005, 07:15 PM
Sandog53, since it appears nobody has the ability to host, could you send them direct to me? desmoguy at comcast.net ?

Thanks!

Dave

Trending Topics

Old 12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
The CA-530 is exactly the same as the Ford Silver kit (remote start plus keyless entry). Each wire in the 3 wiring harness plugs is exactly the same on both them.

Therefore, you can use the Ford installation instructions as a reference. You should be able to download some instructions here: http://www.gemsen.com/ford/

Old 12-11-2005, 08:30 PM
Good Lookin Out! I had forgotten about Gemsen. Thanks man!!

Old 12-11-2005, 09:51 PM
You know..I was wondering because both remotes look the same...thanks for looking out for me

Dave

Old 12-11-2005, 10:13 PM
Anywhere that shows how to program the different features on the alarm? I thought once I had seen something that actually showed the installation of the Ford part, now that I think about it. I remember thinking it was quite thorough since it even had something on how to wrap the wires up and stuff.

Sound familiar?

Dave

Old 12-11-2005, 10:41 PM
^everything's on that webpage I linked for you, did you even read it?

here's the basic installation manual w/programming options, how to wire, etc.: http://www.gemsen.com/Ford/Pdf/02_06..._(8-29-05).pdf

Old 12-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Ok thanks...I am sorry...I did open all of them..The top two files, including the one I was looking for would not open. I got a message stating that it was a bad file link or something I can't remember what it said. I tried it more than once and it would not open. I was using Firefox at home and could get them all, but those two to open. I figuired they were old files no longer valid or something. I feel like a dummy, but thanks for pointing it out, now I have what I was looking for.

I see they all work now and will download and save them!

Thanks again!

Last edited by Deeve; 12-12-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:41 AM
Hey KCAutosound here. Sandog_53 thanks for the plug. The Code Alarm CA-630 is very similar to the Ford Gold system and the CA-530 similar to the Ford Silver. Only differences are that the Code system does not offer the alarm shut down wires that you can hook up to your factory keyless entry wires. Very helpful if you have the keypad built into the door. My wifes vehicle has the CA-630 on hers. I just remember that if I wanna leave the keys inside it I just have to be quick about punching the code in and grabbing the keys to shut the alarm down. They have the same remotes as the Ford systems but they are much lighter and are Carbon Fiber. They also have a blue light on the remote so you know it's working. Another great feature that the Code systems have is a super bright blue LED light instead of the dim red one the Fords come with. I recently installed three CA-630s into a husband, wife, and mother-in-law's cars that all lived together. Looked like a disco show in the driveway with them being so bright.

The higher end Code Alarm Elite Series systems do however have the alarm shut down inputs. Offering you the systems that also have 2-Way capabilites with the CA-670 and the new CA-680. They also have a telematics port that you can plug the CAR-Link system into. The CAR-Link system is a module that allows you to remote start, arm, disarm your system from a telephone with no monthly fee. Kind of like On-Star but no fee. You can also activate theft mode that if a person steals your vehicle you can call and turn it on and the vehicle will start honking and flashing. Then with the thief shuts the car off he can't start it back up and it stays honking like crazy. Just last Monday I had a customer that I installed his Viper remote start into his F150. He hadn't gotten used to using it and left his key in his truck and ran into the gas station real quick. Someone jumped into his truck and drove off with it. He called me to ask if there was a way to shut his truck down. All I could say was sorry.

Also due out after January's CES show Audiovox/Code Alarm will be releasing the Intercept service. This is another module that taps into the telematics port allowing GPS tracking with satillite imaging through an internet site. You can see where your vehicle is at with satellite photos!!! Comes in handy for the 16 year old taking mom and pop's car and also for the husband or wife that want to keep track...lol

As for bypasses I now prefer to use the bypasses by Tru-Logic. Never had an issue with one. For Ford we use the bypasses that require you to glue a ring around the ignition. Sandog_53 can agree with me that it seems no matter how great and perfect of an install we do for the dealers every once in a while our vehicle comes back because of the stupid Ford Bypass module. Either the ring is coming undone or just plain looses memory. The Tru-Logic bypasses actually will tap into the PATS module wiring itself that goes around the key cylinder. You can find the model number you need at bypasskit.com Code Alarm OEM department is trying to get ford to use these modules but Ford doesn't like the idea of us tapping into any wiring. Funny considering we have to do it to install a remote starter.

I have been installing professionally for nearly 15 years. Feel free to hit me up with any questions. No question is a stupid question. Sandog_53 and I didn't get to learn all of our knowledge without having to ask a stupid question ourselves from time to time.

Old 12-12-2005, 02:28 AM
GREAT Info here!

Kinda Off Topic, so the Code Alarm 670 will arm/disarm via the door keypad? Thats what I would like for my truck!

Dave

Quick Reply: Remoe Start Help--Attn Sandog53..please