2004 - 2008 F-150

Interior window condensation

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 01:29 AM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior window condensation

Anyone having a problem w/ their windows condensating frequently on the inside while the truck sits overnight or for about a day? I am having this problem, both in the summer and winter now, to the point that the defrost won't dry them completely out, and if I leave it as is I will have spotty windshield/windows and a film on them. I have been having to dry them w/ a towel. Mine is the '04 and I have a sunroof. This is not a common thing to be so frequent, I've had it before in other vehicles maybe a couple of times a year, but this is happening a lot. Makes me think there may be a window/sunroof that is not sealed off properly. All windows/sunroof are closed completely.

Old 12-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Haha, this is normally the gases from the plastic dash.

Old 12-07-2005, 02:00 AM
I believe it has to do with the interior temp of your truck being hotter than the outside. Humidity buil up can cause this as well. Don't know what to tell you. I have seen this on my truck the last few days and it has been getting colder outside. I don't find it a problem yet though. try some Rainx or Fog free type cleaners, they may help prevent the build-up. Good luck

Old 12-07-2005, 06:22 AM
I get this when I put up my dash guard/sun blocker thing.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:57 AM
Originally Posted by higdogg
Anyone having a problem w/ their windows condensating frequently on the inside while the truck sits overnight or for about a day? I am having this problem, both in the summer and winter now, to the point that the defrost won't dry them completely out, and if I leave it as is I will have spotty windshield/windows and a film on them. I have been having to dry them w/ a towel. Mine is the '04 and I have a sunroof. This is not a common thing to be so frequent, I've had it before in other vehicles maybe a couple of times a year, but this is happening a lot. Makes me think there may be a window/sunroof that is not sealed off properly. All windows/sunroof are closed completely.
Most likely something (carpet, padding) is moist/wet. Example: a vehicle has had the carpeting cleaned by a detailer, this leaves excess moisture, until it has dried completely the inside windows will fog up. Many times they will leave the windows cracked open a bit to help it dry out.

This has only happened to me in the winter when there is huge amounts of liquid in my deep welled "slush" floor mats. Leaving the sunroof open during a rainstorm can produce similar results.

You may want to try in some form/function to "dry out" the inside, although drying the carpet padding can be very difficult.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
I believe it has to do with the interior temp of your truck being hotter than the outside. Humidity buil up can cause this as well. Don't know what to tell you. I have seen this on my truck the last few days and it has been getting colder outside. I don't find it a problem yet though. try some Rainx or Fog free type cleaners, they may help prevent the build-up. Good luck
I don't know, I thought of that but this is much more drastic than just that I think. My dad has an '05 and he does not have this problem. Plus I've never seen it like this in my other vehicles in the past. Is there a fog free cleaner out there for the interior windows? I want to be careful because my windshield is one of them that is doing this and I don't want it streaked up on the inside. Also, I'm about to get the windows tinted, I don't want to be using chemicals on the interior of the windows once they are tinted.

Old 12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
You know, I'm glad you brought this up. I was thinking of asking something similar myself. We had a cold (For the Bay Area, anyway!) night the other day. My truck said 27 degrees when I started it up. There was ice (No, not frost) on the windshield, and there was ICE on the INSIDE of the front windshield too. I've had small amounts of condensation on the inside of the front windshield of every vehicle I've ever driven in the winter, but I've NEVER had ice!

I do not have a sunroof, and nothing was even a little damp in the truck. I've never seen anything like it in the 40 years I've been driving. I put warm water on the outside, which, plus the defroster, helped to melt the ice on the inside. I hadta use use towels to try to dry the windshield enuf to drive.

It was the strangest thing! Has anybody else had this happen?

Old 12-07-2005, 05:06 PM
Suspended
yeah, that's the kind of thing I'm talking about. I spent 45 mins the other night drying all my windows off on the inside from heavy condensation

Old 12-07-2005, 05:12 PM
Maybe there is someone sleeping in your car at night and gettig out before you get in? Maybe teenagers fooling around, check for seat stains. Just Kidding I actually have no idea what's causing your problem.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:16 PM
Make sure that your venting is set to outside air and not re-circulate or off, that way your truck can "breath" when it is parked.

Old 12-08-2005, 12:55 AM
Suspended
l use outside air, but l've always left the **** off when getting out. Same thing in all my other vehicles and never this kind of problem.

Quick Reply: Interior window condensation