2004 - 2008 F-150

UnderCover roll call!

 
  #46  
Old 12-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 125
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks Good 04blkxlt How are the lights hooked up? Is it hard wired, or is it a battery operated light?

Sorry for all the questions, but this looks like a mod I might be interested in
 
  #47  
Old 12-22-2005, 09:06 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 6,071
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say they look battery operated. Im looking to get a cover in the next 2 weeks but the local dealers are on crack, I got one quote for $875 not installed and everyone else wants $695. Now I want that light also.
 
  #48  
Old 12-22-2005, 07:53 PM
Junior Member
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: North Florida
Posts: 9
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Led light

Originally Posted by UfosBigRigsnBBQ
Looks Good 04blkxlt How are the lights hooked up? Is it hard wired, or is it a battery operated light?

Sorry for all the questions, but this looks like a mod I might be interested in
The lights are battery powered (haven't taken light apart to see what type batteries). The new locks are nice they turn 90 degrees to "secure" the bed without the key, or use the key to "lock".
 
  #49  
Old 12-23-2005, 01:56 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 845
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got it in Maryland for $599 installed. I like the protection, the look and weighs alot less than a fiberglass and costs less too. Really nice when you armor-all it. It seems like it is warping, maybe it's just my imagination
 
  #50  
Old 12-23-2005, 03:54 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: El Paso,TX
Posts: 1,606
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So does anyone have one for there flareside yet? I would like to see some pics of that
 
  #51  
Old 12-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Undercover for Flareside

After waiting for over a year, I finally received my Undercover yesterday. I've added several pictures in my album. The install went great and the fit is perfect. Everyone at Undercover were wonderful to work with. The new locks work well. The light is a good idea. I will have to get mine replaced. The switch broke on the initial push. The light takes two CR2450 coin sized lithium batteries.

 
  #52  
Old 12-23-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 520
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sure does look great on the Flaresdes!! And I am uber jealous of the light too.

I'm glad this thread helped some of you decide on a great product as it did for me.

Merry Christmas everyone.
 
  #53  
Old 12-23-2005, 06:04 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: El Paso,TX
Posts: 1,606
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chains350
After waiting for over a year, I finally received my Undercover yesterday. I've added several pictures in my album. The install went great and the fit is perfect. Everyone at Undercover were wonderful to work with. The new locks work well. The light is a good idea. I will have to get mine replaced. The switch broke on the initial push. The light takes two CR2450 coin sized lithium batteries.

Finally! a pic of one on a FS. Mmmm daddy likey. Wonder how that will go with my Silver/DSG? May have to roll the dice. Enjoy :santa:
 
  #54  
Old 12-23-2005, 10:57 PM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 845
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, now i'm upset because the NEW undercover has the light and better locks. It really stinks for those who bought the older models. Oh well, in order to keep selling they have to add features and keep getting better. Now, I'll probably sell mine and get a New one.
 
  #55  
Old 12-24-2005, 04:33 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Md
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
I would say they look battery operated. Im looking to get a cover in the next 2 weeks but the local dealers are on crack, I got one quote for $875 not installed and everyone else wants $695. Now I want that light also.
Now, I don't feel too bad. At the dealer I went to, they had that little display with a small sample of the Undercover, and price was $699. Installation was $45, and the rest, $764 total, was tax. Mine has the light.

The posters getting those $599 installed are getting a real good deal.
 
  #56  
Old 12-24-2005, 04:37 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Md
Posts: 320
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW, not that it matters, or justifies the high price I paid for my undercover installed, but I was given garage hooks to hang it up in my garage when I take it off.
 
  #57  
Old 12-24-2005, 08:15 AM
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ovilla, Tx
Posts: 105
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
Well, now i'm upset because the NEW undercover has the light and better locks. It really stinks for those who bought the older models. Oh well, in order to keep selling they have to add features and keep getting better. Now, I'll probably sell mine and get a New one.
TX-FX-4
Not sure what bed you have, but if you choose to trade up and yours will fit a Screw 05 bed, maybe we can play let's make a deal.
 
  #58  
Old 12-24-2005, 12:53 PM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 65
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cehowardf150
BTW, not that it matters, or justifies the high price I paid for my undercover installed, but I was given garage hooks to hang it up in my garage when I take it off.

I thought all Undercovers came with the hooks, whether you got it installed or did the install yourself.
 
  #59  
Old 12-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Member
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 20
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm pretty sure the hooks come with all of them. As far as the light and improved locks, I would bet that they are easy to install/swap. The light just slides into a round hole drilled in the webbing just behind the handle at the back.
 
  #60  
Old 01-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Member
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 39
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chains350
After waiting for over a year, I finally received my Undercover yesterday. I've added several pictures in my album. The install went great and the fit is perfect. Everyone at Undercover were wonderful to work with. The new locks work well. The light is a good idea. I will have to get mine replaced. The switch broke on the initial push. The light takes two CR2450 coin sized lithium batteries.

Chains, your truck looks GREAT. I may be getting an Undercover sooner than I thought.
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: UnderCover roll call!


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: