2004 - 2008 F-150

power windows and door locks???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
power windows and door locks???

I'm looking to put power windows and locks in my 05 stx reg cab. I thought I could live with out em but it ain't happening. My question is, if I buy XLT door panels, what all else do I need. I want it to appear factory. Is all the wiring there, or is this a big deal to do? Can I just buy one of these kits and just use the switches off an XLT instead of the ones that come with the kit? I did a search and couldn't find any posts about using completely different door panels and factory switches. Also while I'm in there I think I will ditch the manual mirrors not because I need power but I don't like the way these look. Will it be easy to wire up factory power mirrors? Sorry for all the questions.

Old 07-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Im in the same situation your in, i want power doors and windows...the doors i can live without as i have an alarm with keyless entry, but the windows kill me...especially since the damn crank is so low on the door, its almost worth it just to walk around the car and do it from the passenger side.

Old 07-20-2005, 11:49 PM
click on the search button on the top of the page and type in power windows and locks, all your questions will be answered. I am going to do this to my 04 stx scab also! Good luck Guy's! Also you may want to search about removing the door panels also, there is some good advice and directions out there!

Old 07-21-2005, 12:32 AM
Well I dont know about the XLT panels besides the fact that they are hard to find and probably very pricey. I do know that you could use the stock switches with any kit thought without the whole XLT door panel your still gonna have to mount them the same as the switches that would come with the kit. I really wish ford didnt make our armrest shorter, it would make things alot easier if they didnt. Anyways, personally I think even with switches just drilled into the door it isnt any worse than a huge handle sticking out.... Heres a pic of mine and Im getting ready to order some dome tweeters to cover the holes instead of those caps and Im actually thinking about painting the middle section black to kind of match everything up and considering thats how it is in the XLT too.... just FYI in case the XLT panels dont work out.

Old 07-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks guys.

KaNigIt

Where did you get your kit?

Old 07-21-2005, 03:17 PM
I did mine last year, and used the Colibri kit, very heavy duty. I am quite satisfied with the motors. They are about 150 shipped with switches.

I cheated, and put them in the middle. Made putting express up on them safe, as a child can't step on them in the center.

Chris

Old 07-21-2005, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
I did mine last year, and used the Colibri kit, very heavy duty. I am quite satisfied with the motors. They are about 150 shipped with switches.

I cheated, and put them in the middle. Made putting express up on them safe, as a child can't step on them in the center.

Chris
Thats looks great! do you still have the cranks in the doors??? and where did you order that kit from online.

Old 07-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by KaNigIt
Well I dont know about the XLT panels besides the fact that they are hard to find and probably very pricey. I do know that you could use the stock switches with any kit thought without the whole XLT door panel your still gonna have to mount them the same as the switches that would come with the kit. I really wish ford didnt make our armrest shorter, it would make things alot easier if they didnt. Anyways, personally I think even with switches just drilled into the door it isnt any worse than a huge handle sticking out.... Heres a pic of mine and Im getting ready to order some dome tweeters to cover the holes instead of those caps and Im actually thinking about painting the middle section black to kind of match everything up and considering thats how it is in the XLT too.... just FYI in case the XLT panels dont work out.
Where did you get those little black caps from?

Old 07-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Got my kit on e-bay, but do a search for Colibri and buy and can google em.
The black hole covers, on my truck and his, are in the kit. You can also put tweeters there, even if you don't hook em up, as they look cool. Hooking them up is easy.
Chris

I have a bad hand, right now, so can't post links well, sorry.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Got my kit on e-bay, but do a search for Colibri and buy and can google em.
The black hole covers, on my truck and his, are in the kit. You can also put tweeters there, even if you don't hook em up, as they look cool. Hooking them up is easy.
Chris

I have a bad hand, right now, so can't post links well, sorry.
Thanks man, its cool about the link, i dont mind, ill search for that kit.

Thank you so much for the information.

Old 07-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Yeah ebay here too.... I picked mine up for $100 but I think the SPAL motors are slightly less powerful than the colibri but dont get me wrong they will definately do the job! Just in case heres the link to the kit I got - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Quick Reply: power windows and door locks???