2004 - 2008 F-150

one tough truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2005, 12:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one tough truck

I went to a campsite tonight to watch 4th of july fireworks and of course there were tons of idiot drivers.... the roads were narrow and one guy (in a chevy suburban of course) cut around some other cars and was in my lane. I had to turn to the right so he could get by and my brand new truck fell off the road and into a 3 foot culvert. I heard a huge bang... my running boards off the concrete. I figured I'd have some damage to them, but all I had was a bent support that holds up the factory tubular running boards. I gotta say I am really really impressed with how well these trucks are built. Judging by the sound of the crash (everybody on the campsite looked at me) I thought I had screwed up the running boards... but nope. Truck still runs and tracks perfectly straight and looks even better.

just thought i'd share.... chevy sucks and ford rules!!!

Old 07-03-2005, 01:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
chevy sucks and ford rules!!!
Very true.

Old 07-03-2005, 02:10 AM
I hear ya man! Had to run over some tall curbs at a mall to avoid a moron chevy speeding around the corner. I have a 2wd so I did NOT have enough clearance. I heard some terrible SCRAAAAAAAAAAPES and a THUMP but I floored it and got off it OK. Truck was flawless after the mishap. Not even a scratch on the underside. Safe to say I was fuming though!

Old 07-03-2005, 11:57 AM
My truck suprised my girlfriend last night when we where driving home and it was just hammering down the rain. With the heavy rain a branch broke where I couldnt see it untill WHAP, hit it with the passenger side mirror. Got home and still looks brand new, she couldn't beleive after a hit like that it should of broke off she said. I love these trucks!

Old 07-03-2005, 04:29 PM
Yeah, I had a lady cross the double yellow lines and clip my drivers side mirror. She was driving a new Chevy Silverado 4 door. My mirror just folded in, but hers had a nice scuff mark in it with the shattered mirror laying in the road.

She crossed into my lane to go around some lady walking her dog. The road was narrow with a ditch and mailboxes on either side.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:41 AM
hit a timberwolf with my fx4 bent the license plate, left fur and blood on the bumper..

Old 07-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I didn't do as well.I was driving down the interstate and hit two turkeys it smashed the grill,grill suround, bent the hood, ruined the A-C condenser and cracked the windshield. 2700 dol. damage.

Old 07-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by Red2005FX4
I went to a campsite tonight to watch 4th of july fireworks and of course there were tons of idiot drivers.... the roads were narrow and one guy (in a chevy suburban of course) cut around some other cars and was in my lane. I had to turn to the right so he could get by and my brand new truck fell off the road and into a 3 foot culvert.
Unless this was a fast move to miss and accident I'd have sat there and let that nut back up or wait. I'm not pulling my truck over and risk damaging it for that idiot.

Old 07-06-2005, 01:46 AM
then you hunted this person down and beat the crap out of them right? RIGHT

Edit: yeah i agree, unless it would have really tore your truck up I wouldn;t have hit the ditch. Even if they did hit you, uh lets see...head on IN YOUR LANE, with a endless list of witnesses.....hey that sounds familiar On second thought the ditch sounds good

Last edited by EDGEonSTEROIDS; 07-06-2005 at 03:58 AM.

Quick Reply: one tough truck