2004 - 2008 F-150

Just installed my new shifter handle (LT)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 03:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chains350
Josiah, I received help via email from a couple people on this thread. I want to share what I've learned with you. First of all, I noticed that you already have the outer lower cover pulled down. The inner collar also will pull down with a bit more force. Pry at the top of the collar/bottom of shifter. Once it is lowered like the chrome cover, push the button in and pull up straight on the shifter. Twisting is not necessary.

The directions earlier in this thread proved very helpful to complete the install. It took me a lot of time grinding the inside of the leather shifter out and then grinding down the original internals until it fit properly.
I've finished it, thanks a lot. Your directions are great as well. Here is the link for an explanation:
Link

Old 12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for bringing back such an old thread but when i put the part number from earlier in this thread it says superceded by this part number. .5L3Z7213N
Does anyone know if this is still the black leather one everyone else was getting? I also see the price is 40 bucks. . but the chrome top peice came off of my plastic one. .

Quick Reply: Just installed my new shifter handle (LT)