2004 - 2008 F-150

O.K. new truck buyers, question for you.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O.K. new truck buyers, question for you.

I have a buddy ready to buy a 05 screw. He's not sure if he wants an XLT or Lariat.
For those of you who just bought within the last few months, how much off sticker did you get? Are they making good deals on the 05s? What was sticker and what did you end up paying. This would be to the average person off the street, not those of you with all the differant types of discounts. I'm looking for both model prices and this is on average of course. I understand it could be differant across the nation.
Thanks for your feedback.

Old 04-25-2005, 06:56 PM
Well I bought a Fully loaded Supercrew Larait 4X4. MSRP was around $42,000 and I got it down to $35,000 and then another $3,000 in rebates. So out the door it was $32,000 + tax

Old 04-25-2005, 07:14 PM
I think if you pay a couple hundred over invoice pricing, you are not getting ripped off. Ask your salesman to see their invoice price on a truck. There are definately ways to get below invoice pricing though, but good luck if your just walking off the street.

Check edmunds.com or similar websites to see what other people are paying.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:14 PM
I played the whole game when I bought mine but I got mine right at the time the new models hit the dealership so no deals were made.
I was just wanting a rough avg. of what they were coming off the price now on them.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A fair, average, purchase price is invoice minus all the available rebates. For instance, if the truck stickers for $38,000 and invoice is $34,000 and there is a $2000 rebate and $1000 incentive for financing through Ford credit, you should pay no more than $31000. Of course tax, tag, title, etc. will be added to that selling price.Go to Ford's website and build a truck exactly like you want. It will give you the MSRP and invoice price.

Old 04-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Here's my 0.02 cents worth.

I ordered an '05 Lariat last week. I paid $198 over invoice with no haggeling, and they are giving me exactly what I wanted for my trade.

The deal was pretty simple...I went to the dealer and got a brochure, went to the Ford web site and priced it with options, then e-mailed the salesman with my offer. He took it to his manager, got approval, then sent the approval back to me via e-mail. I went in to the dealer and signed the paperwork, which took about 30 minutes.

Could I have saved a couple of hundred if I pushed them below invoice? Of course. Am I happy with the deal because I didn't have to do a lot of back-and-forth? You bet.

Assuming that the the incentives hold constant until late June, which is the expected delivery date, I'll get:

$2000 - factory incentive
$500 - college student incentive
$500 - military incentive
$500 - American Quarter Hourse Association membership

$1000 - If I go with their financing. I doubt I will, but we'll see.

These incentives change roughly every month or so, so they may be even better at the time I buy. The manager thinks they will be with gas prices going up and the push to move out the '05s.

FYI - the AQHA membership incentive is great. Pay $35, wait 60 days, buy your truck, get $500.

I'd do an internet deal again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps.

Paul

Old 04-25-2005, 08:45 PM
Thanks for all the reponses, all will be sent to my buddy.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:05 PM
plester73 where did u purchase your F150? from the sounds of it sounds just like how i got treated at woodhouse in blair, i dunno if u picked up your 150 there, just sounded similiar. got a great deal on my stx4x4

Old 04-25-2005, 09:08 PM
Powerdome,
I bought at Anderson. If Anderson hadn't treated me right, Woodhouse was my next stop.

As a side note, the deal won't be over until I actually get the truck. Yeah, I've got it in writing and all, but I'll be happy with Anderson when the truck is actually here and everything is finished.

Old 04-25-2005, 09:10 PM
Powerdome,
Please shoot me an e-mail. I'd like to talk with you about the mods you made...I'll be looking for local places to do the work and want some advice if you're willing to give it.

Paul

Old 04-26-2005, 03:32 AM
Hey guys, Im in the process of trading my wifes Tahoe for a 2005 F150 Supercrew 4x4. I have a dumb question, what do you guys mean by invoice price? Theres a XLT up in the San diego area MSRP $34,450.

Old 04-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by plester73
Here's my 0.02 cents worth.

I ordered an '05 Lariat last week. I paid $198 over invoice with no haggeling, and they are giving me exactly what I wanted for my trade.

The deal was pretty simple...I went to the dealer and got a brochure, went to the Ford web site and priced it with options, then e-mailed the salesman with my offer. He took it to his manager, got approval, then sent the approval back to me via e-mail. I went in to the dealer and signed the paperwork, which took about 30 minutes.

Could I have saved a couple of hundred if I pushed them below invoice? Of course. Am I happy with the deal because I didn't have to do a lot of back-and-forth? You bet.

Assuming that the the incentives hold constant until late June, which is the expected delivery date, I'll get:

$2000 - factory incentive
$500 - college student incentive
$500 - military incentive
$500 - American Quarter Hourse Association membership

$1000 - If I go with their financing. I doubt I will, but we'll see.

These incentives change roughly every month or so, so they may be even better at the time I buy. The manager thinks they will be with gas prices going up and the push to move out the '05s.

FYI - the AQHA membership incentive is great. Pay $35, wait 60 days, buy your truck, get $500.

I'd do an internet deal again in a heartbeat.

Hope this helps.

Paul
Plester et. al.,

My dealer wouldn't let me combine military and AQHA incentives (July 04). They tried plugging it in (they say), but it supposedly got rejected by VINCENT. Hopefully, you'll have better luck than I did. Either way, it sounds like your dealer treated you well and you will love your truck. Of course, YMMV on the rebates. Good luck!

Edited: Sorry for the hijack Dupuis , I thought plester started the thread. The thing about combining rebates would probably apply to your friend as well. Maybe a dealer or salesman will chime in.

Last edited by wattman1; 04-26-2005 at 06:37 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by wattman1
Plester et. al.,

My dealer wouldn't let me combine military and AQHA incentives (July 04). They tried plugging it in (they say), but it supposedly got rejected by VINCENT. Hopefully, you'll have better luck than I did. Either way, it sounds like your dealer treated you well and you will love your truck. Of course, YMMV on the rebates. Good luck!

Edited: Sorry for the hijack Dupuis , I thought plester started the thread. The thing about combining rebates would probably apply to your friend as well. Maybe a dealer or salesman will chime in.
No problem. Keep it coming. All good stuff to know!

Old 04-26-2005, 08:43 AM
I just picked up an ordered 2005 FX4 SuperCrew for $100 over the dealers invoice minus the $1158 dealer holdback, and minus the $3000 dealer incentives. Not bad. This came out to about $1000 below Xplan.

Old 04-26-2005, 11:58 AM
wattman1,
Thanks for the info on the AQHA...I'll see how it goes at the dealership. Their web site says it can be combined with other incentives, but there may be something hidden that I don't know about.

Paul

Quick Reply: O.K. new truck buyers, question for you.