2004 - 2008 F-150

It's tough being #1!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking It's tough being #1!

Has anybody else noticed how competitive some people are who drive one of those other makes of truck? It seems almost everytime I drive my F150, there's someone trying to show me up(without success, I might add! ). Today for example I was driving home from my friends place when a guy in an older Chebby kept racing up behind me at every stop sign. I would pull away and he would again race up behind me. By the third stop I'd had enough and I stomped the throttle, the 5.4 roared to life, and I left two strips of rubber about 10 feet long. I then sped away from him faster then he could believe. That was enough to make him give up.
Dumba$$, I hope he learned something!

That's the price I pay for buying the #1 truck I guess. Anybody else got a story or comment?

Old 03-20-2005, 03:37 PM
A local dealership has a used Ram SRT-10 with 4,000 miles on it. I test drove it for the day Friday and I have to say its VERRRYYYY impressive. While the interior was far from being as nice as mine and that cheesy wing on the back about made me sick...all you have to do is punch the gas in any gear and you forget about all of that quick! We may have the #1 selling truck and the #1 overall truck but let me tell you we don't have the #1 truck when it comes to power....not by a long shot! I have had Corvettes and LS1 F-Bodies and I am here to tell you the SRT-10 Ram is fast (maybe strong is a better term than fast)! I wish I could justify driving a regular cab, priemum fuel requiring, manual trans having, V10 pickup everyday...if I could I would buy that truck.

I said all that to say this....if a Viper Truck pulls up the redlight beside you don't try to impress him by laying 10ft black marks when you pull off...he can do that when he shifts into 3rd!

Old 03-20-2005, 03:48 PM
Yea, I have a similar story, This kid and his buddies were in some Volkswagon something or another (it looked fast enough) and kept messing with me. I'm in a 4x4 Screw btw, Finally I bit and hammered it, He didn't even have a Chance! I was really surprised I beat him like that. I heard that big tail pipe of his making all kind of noise but nothing was really happening.. It really made my day.

I think the Barking 33" BFG's at take off must have scared him or something.

I'm pretty sure I could toast a SRT Ram, No problem.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by RamSS/T

I said all that to say this....if a Viper Truck pulls up the redlight beside you don't try to impress him by laying 10ft black marks when you pull off...he can do that when he shifts into 3rd!
The SRT10 is a different classification of truck. It's in the sport truck category with the Lightning.

I wasn't trying to impress anybody, I got tired of this Chebby guy racing up behind me at every stop(almost sliding into me at the last one). That's why I stomped the throttle to shut him down.

I know the limitations of my rig.

Old 03-20-2005, 04:30 PM
srt-10 comes in crew cab configuration now too it's pretty nice..at 48k

Old 03-20-2005, 04:33 PM
I must admit...if I was going to get a sport truck, I'd have to go with the Ram SRT-10, those are badass looking with Viper power!

Old 03-20-2005, 05:06 PM
This is exactly why it was a mistake for Ford to stop production of the Lightning.

BTW the SRT10 is nothing more then a Viper with a truck body on it.

Old 03-20-2005, 05:47 PM
[i]Originally posted by Tbird69

BTW the SRT10 is nothing more then a Viper with a truck body on it

What's the price tag on one of those things?

Old 03-20-2005, 05:54 PM
This getting too far off topic. I'm looking for stories about '04-'05 F150 owners getting singled out in the crowd by other truck owners.

Work with me people!!

Old 03-20-2005, 06:23 PM
Hey Tbird, do you have any performance mods on your truck?

Old 03-20-2005, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Serge
Hey Tbird, do you have any performance mods on your truck?
Nope! Bone Stock.

Old 03-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by CrAz3D
I think it is generally a free-for-all, everyone against everyone
*sigh* Thanks for your input.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by RamSS/T
A local dealership has a used Ram SRT-10 with 4,000 miles on it. I test drove it for the day Friday and I have to say its VERRRYYYY impressive. While the interior was far from being as nice as mine and that cheesy wing on the back about made me sick...all you have to do is punch the gas in any gear and you forget about all of that quick! We may have the #1 selling truck and the #1 overall truck but let me tell you we don't have the #1 truck when it comes to power....not by a long shot! I have had Corvettes and LS1 F-Bodies and I am here to tell you the SRT-10 Ram is fast (maybe strong is a better term than fast)! I wish I could justify driving a regular cab, priemum fuel requiring, manual trans having, V10 pickup everyday...if I could I would buy that truck.

Just make sure you get the OPTIONAL Dodge 4wheel ABS. (Unless the extra money you pay for the SRT comes w/ it.) My brother has the "Hemi" and found out the hard way that it comes only w/ rear ABS as 4 is optional(he rear-ended someone in the rain, and it locks em up all the time in rain/snow)
I have to ask: What good is all of that power if you cannot stop it???Pretty cheesy on Dodges part if you ask me. But then again Dodge is the KING of cheese. F 150's ALL come w/ four wheel ABS.

Old 03-20-2005, 07:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by jimmy k
... But then again Dodge is the KING of cheese. F 150's ALL come w/ four wheel ABS.
My '88 F150 only had rear wheel ABS. I locked up the front wheels all the time and it sucked. It was as if I didn't have any rear brakes. The worst part is that I kept that turd of a truck for 9 years and 198K miles. I'm glad that Ford no longer sells trucks with only rear wheel ABS.

Old 03-20-2005, 08:03 PM
At the time rear ABS was a real innovation. There are few things worse then having the rear lock up on a slick road. With the back being so light it would swing out about 90% of the time.

Quick Reply: It's tough being #1!